Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hey Apache Thunder,

I wanted to modify your code (change the last bit in the clock register to disable downlocking to use for some emulators), so I cloned the AltBuild branch from your GitHub and compiled from source (of course using ahazel's libnds and Modemax). Without modifying anything for now.

Problem is - it's not working. Bit31 is set according to the compiled app.
Am I missing something?

lol guess what? I just implemented that this morning. :P

With this release, you hold B to enable TWL clock speeds in NTR mode: (it's not enabled by default for compatiblity reasons. That and the DSi version of the boot splash should also be optional anyways. :P )

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.3
https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.3alt

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
lol guess what? I just implemented that this morning. [emoji14]

With this release, you hold B to enable TWL clock speeds in NTR mode: (it's not enabled by default for compatiblity reasons. That and the DSi version of the boot splash should also be optional anyways. [emoji14] )

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.3
https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/1.3alt

Amazing!!!
By the way, I saw that Luma 6.1.2 removed twlbg patches (because they got outdated with the newest ndslib from ahezard). I tried to compile the lastest commit from hbmenu (which uses the new ndslib) but with no luck on the bash file How can I compile the srl cia prorpely?

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
CIA is included with my release builds. (the NDS is only included for devs to look at. It has no pratical use for most users so you don't need it for anything)

You have to compile libnds before you replace the existing one in devkitarm with it. Don't just copy the source files over.

As for NDS files you may have to do that manually. refer to the python script for the correct commands to give it. The bash file I think is more for linux users. Though they seem to work for me in Windows 7. I just don't use them often. I prefer to use CMD/BAT files.

Anyways. Example command for python script:

Code:
patch_ndsheader_dsiware.py hbmenu.nds --mode dsi --maker 01 --code KHME --title "HBMENU" --out hbmenu_TWL.nds

It should be self explanatory how the commands work. You need Python 2.7 installed for the python file to work.

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
CIA is included with my release builds. (the NDS is only included for devs to look at. It has no pratical use for most users so you don't need it for anything)

You have to compile libnds before you replace the existing one in devkitarm with it. Don't just copy the source files over.

As for NDS files you may have to do that manually. refer to the python script for the correct commands to give it. The bash file I think is more for linux users. Though they seem to work for me in Windows 7. I just don't use them often. I prefer to use CMD/BAT files.

Anyways. Example command for python script:

Code:
patch_ndsheader_dsiware.py hbmenu.nds --mode dsi --maker 01 --code KHME --title "HBMENU" --out hbmenu_TWL.nds

It should be self explanatory how the commands work. You need Python 2.7 installed for the python file to work.
The command did the magic. Thanks :)

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it isn't supposed to, but just for anyone searching the thread, this does not let you launch ds cartridges from gateway mode. Tried with legitimate DS cart and dstwo.

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway mode breaks firmlaunch of AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM. There's nothing my launchers can do to get around that.
Thanks for the comment. Don't read a lot of threads here any more so while I felt like it probably wouldn't work and this was CFW only, it didn't say anything in the OP about it.

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Someone brought up the intro scene from Sonic Rush Adventure lagging a bit in NTR mode. I checked and it does dip a bit for the bottom screen. But with my TWL clock speed option enabled it does not lag. So that's one game that benefits from it. :P
iirc Metroid Prime Hunters lags when a lot of guardians appears, I will give a try one of this days [emoji14]

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Putting the bootscreen in the DSTT forwarders may not be possible, due to it only being displayed in TWL mode.
The current NTR Launcher uses the new ndslib which supports mode switching, I think it could help the display thing and do the forward process just after the NTR bootscreen.

Edit: Sorry if cannot help since I don't have the sc of your forwarders :(

Last edited by Billy Acuña,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The current NTR Launcher uses the new ndslib which supports mode switching, I think it could help the display thing and do the forward process just after the NTR bootscreen.

Edit: Sorry if cannot help since I don't have the sc of your forwarders :(
Problem is, the template of the DSTT forwarders aren't based on NTR Launcher. The template based on his R4iGold Launcher, launches a specific .DAT file for a specific game, so the bootscreen would have to be in the .DAT file(s). The .DAT booter template can only run in NTR mode. In TWL mode, it's just a white screen.

Reactions: Billy Acuña

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Problem is, the template of the DSTT forwarders aren't based on NTR Launcher. The template based on his R4iGold Launcher, launches a specific .DAT file for a specific game, so the bootscreen would have to be in the .DAT file(s). The .DAT booter template can only run in NTR mode. In TWL mode, it's just a white screen.
Not a problem at all, you can replace the cardinit process by the forward one, not for sure but I thing you can convert the template into a .h file to merge it into the NTR Launcher's code (some a9lh homebrews do that to boot a payload). Just right after the bootscreen you can switch to ntr mode to do the .dat work.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a problem at all, you can replace the cardinit process by the forward one, not for sure but I thing you can convert the template into a .h file to merge it into the NTR Launcher's code (some a9lh homebrews do that to boot a payload). Just right after the bootscreen you can switch to ntr mode to do the .dat work.
Except there is no source code for the .DAT booter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...