Homebrew NTR Launcher - Bring back that classic DS boot screen for your DS games!

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I think i understood most of that, at least on a concept level xp and I assume its an autooboot cart because even with DS set to manual mode when I turn it on it autoboots the R4 (only started looking into all the DS/DSi and R4 stuff the past 2 days so newb to most of the stuff)

I can see if my friend knows where there DSi is and could possible try setting up Godmode9i on sd card to possible get more info like metadata like stl25 did if that could help at all.
Or is the autoboot thing also a problem for trying to use a DSi it would only be possible using a slot2 device?

I have been able to do the same kind of dump precedure on DSi because like DS Firmware DSi System Menu will init the card and keep a copy of it's header/chip ID in ram for any DSiWare to use. DSiWare involved has to have the required bits for that set in it's header of coarse so only on CFW'd consoles. Unlike original DS you don't need to have the cart inserted at power up for this to count. Just has to be inserted before you boot up your custom dumper DSiWare app like GodMode9i.

But in this case that won't help because very likely it's like the og R4 in that it won't show up at all in System Menu. (System Menu won't autoboot carts it sees as invalid so no it likely won't autoboot either).

The main problem with that is if there isn't a card that System Menu sees as valid it will not init it and keep the slot powerd on. So full card init must occur with what ever dumper that is going to be used. So I can't use the trick with DS Download Play with those carts on DSi because of that. :(

Anyways if stock GM9i can't help you on the DS/DS lite it likely will do the same not not help you much on DSi. It's the same code base really and I doubt you can dump it with that if it couldn't do that for you on DS/DS lite.

You could try the 3DS version of GodMode9 though but as I recall both Decrypt9 and GM9 on 3DS doesn't like to dump my original R4. :(

Doctour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried Godmode9 on 3DS but it said slot was empty

And I didnt look into it much before but didnt realize Godmode9i worked on DS lite, I just saw the "I" and assumed it was for DSi
I'll go try that now and see if I get any results.
guess thats why theysay what assuming does

Edit: wait the github says to dump NDS carts on a DS lite you need slot 2? Or am I missing something?
"Dump Nintendo DS/DSi cartridges on Nintendo DSi and Nintendo 3DS consoles (if GodMode9i is run on the console SD card).
They can also be dumped on the original Nintendo DS and Nintendo DS Lite consoles, if running from a Slot-2 flashcard."

Last edited by Doctour,

Doctour

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah okay I figured.

So yeah guess I'll learn how to mods a my friend's DSi in hopefully aorund a week or so because I'm curious to see if I can get this cart dumped too and doing these kinds of things is fun ;p

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases/tag/3.0

Big addition to NTR Launcher in this release! A new menu system was added. This is a heavily modified HBMenu grafted onto NTR Launcher to allow booting NDS files to act as stage2 launchers for some carts that don't get along with NTR Launcher's cart launcher. This among other things listed in the release notes. ;)

Note the new stage2 menu works best if NTR Launcher is booted from DSI/3DS System Menu. Unlaunch does not leave slot in correct state when it boots DSiWare so you will have less success from there unfortunately.

NDS files booted from this menu retain the same SCFG settings as defined by NTR Launcher's ini file!

Last edited by Apache Thunder,
Reactions: ber71 and Tokiwa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la