Hacking NTRboot not quite booting

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Download the flasher I attached, extract it to the root of the R4 microSD, run it and see if that works.
Note that you need to select your card, then select the backup option and AFTER THAT inject ntrboot (it will refuse to inject without a backup)

Attachments

• flasher.rar
    168.2 KB · Views: 60

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
(Sorry for dem double postin')
I have 2 questions
-If I NTRboot and then restore the card (because, that's why I want to add cfw, to play my long lost ds games), will the saves be lost? Because I have REALLY important saves from nintendogs---- COOUGH COUGH yeah!
-Wait... once I ntrboot, how do I even restore it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also,
-Do I need to move the ntrboot folder into the root of the sd card? You know, the one inside the .rar file.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
(Sorry for dem double postin')
I have 2 questions
-If I NTRboot and then restore the card (because, that's why I want to add cfw, to play my long lost ds games), will the saves be lost? Because I have REALLY important saves from nintendogs---- COOUGH COUGH yeah!
-Wait... once I ntrboot, how do I even restore it?

If this works and once b9s and luma are installed you can restore the backup of your flashcart by doing this (as far as I know):

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)#section-v---removing-ntrboot

If there are important saves on the microSD inside the flashcart, they should not be damaged. But you know. SDCards sometimes fail. IF some data is important to you, back it up multiple times! This has nothing to do with cfw. Backups are always good.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yep, did a backup of my beautiful saves of nintendog--- COUGH COUGH Did I mention I backed up my saves??????
Anyway, in the flasher.rar, there's a folder called ntrboot
Do I move it to the root of the sd card?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also, I'm doing this on my DSi, will it work?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Download the flasher I attached, extract it to the root of the R4 microSD, run it and see if that works.
Note that you need to select your card, then select the backup option and AFTER THAT inject ntrboot (it will refuse to inject without a backup)

It is not that hard, is it? First Dump (backup) your flash (memory in the R4) and then try "Inject FIRM".

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
NAWWW WHY I must be soooo unlucky? I tried action replay WHICH WAS NTRboot compatible!! BUT NOOO, nothing works for JIM!
I should change my name to WAluigi....

Even if I don't follow a free method-- NOOOO! *sigh* I'll let my friend which has a dsiware compatible game cfw his 2ds.

To make things even worse, the R button doesn't work on my 3DS so... cfwing it was worthless...

WAAAAAAAAAAA
-
WaPlayz912

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
sigh
My main goal is to boot my R4i into my 3DS so I can play DS games on the go or home....
But I guess... no...

BUT WAIT!

As I saw in the stores, they're selling a 2 games in one download codes for eshop... (Mario and donkey kong minis on the move (3DS) AND Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March again(DSi))
"So?" So, I'll buy the bundle, inject the... thingy and if it doesn't work, I'm going to fall into a pit---- COUGH COUGHHH

Y'know, I'm not broke, but is 15 euros WORTH CFW? I mean, if I download minis march again, I won't be able to play it again because
1.It will become sudoku
2.Original copy will cease to exist so bb download code

Sighs again At least I'll have minis on the move, that's something

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
sigh
My main goal is to boot my R4i into my 3DS so I can play DS games on the go or home....
But I guess... no...

BUT WAIT!

As I saw in the stores, they're selling a 2 games in one download codes for eshop... (Mario and donkey kong minis on the move (3DS) AND Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March again(DSi))
"So?" So, I'll buy the bundle, inject the... thingy and if it doesn't work, I'm going to fall into a pit---- COUGH COUGHHH

Y'know, I'm not broke, but is 15 euros WORTH CFW? I mean, if I download minis march again, I won't be able to play it again because
1.It will become sudoku
2.Original copy will cease to exist so bb download code

Sighs again At least I'll have minis on the move, that's something
No, after you're done with Seedminer, you can delete the injected game and redownload it. And yes, Mario vs. Donkey Kong Minis March again is compatible according to this list

Last edited by lAkdaOpeKA,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you do Seedminer successfully, you will still have a broken R-button. Suggestion: Get it repaired first. Why do you put such an effort on a damaged device not knowing if it will be fixed in the future? Replacing it is not that hard. It’s not rocket science. If you definitely do not want do it yourself (because you fear further damage like on your PS2), ask your friends. And at least have a look at the pictures on ifixit.com. This will certainly not break anything. The R-button is one of the easiest/best parts to replace (and the upper lcd is the worst).

Still, there are alternatives:

How about selling the console to somebody who is willing/able to fix it?
And then you buy a fully working 3DS with
3.0.0.x <= firmware of the device you want to buy <= 11.3.0.x
The last digit ‘x’ should not be zero, or soundhax will probably not work.

Or... for using Seedminer buy a 3DS on any firmware.

If unblocking the old flashcard is really your only reason for cfw, it is also a good idea to just get a fully working, cheap DS-lite (and probably a new battery). The flashcard should work. Mission accomplished.

Do not abandon hope. You should be able to reach your goal.

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
My plans:
I'll buy the dsiware exploit
I'll install CFW (I know the R button is needed on some parts but it's ok, if I punish it hard enough (by blowing it), it will work... because it's a lazy bum)
Modify the 3DS whitelist (because my main goal is to run R4i DS games on my 3DS, such as nintendogs----- COUGH COUGH I mean, Newer Super Mario Bros. DS (it's a romhack))
Get the R button repaired (after a couple of weeks or days because most DS games won't be needing this such as nintedo---- I mean, yeah!)

Now you'll be saying "It's school time", yes, I definetely know that but at least I'll have some kind of free time...

At least Sepmtember is just the beggining of school and we're not gonna have any hard tests or anything like that.

Also, I'm not gonna buy a ds lite since I already have a 3DS which can play modern games as well.

...and ds lite doesn't have cfw.With 3DS cfw, I can inject many retro games (NES,GB,GBC,GAMEGEAR,GBA etc.) into real apps! But... not for SNES games since nintendo doesn't realize that SNES games CAN run on normal 3DS's (that's what I think...)

Now, as you might have noticed on my signature, I also have a 2DS but:
-The volume slider is completely loose
-The sleep switch doesn't work
-Seedminer won't work on 11.6 and I'm really not gonna update my abandoned 2DS anyway
So please, don't mention my 2DS exists.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have a DSi XL on 1.4 and the R4i works there, but the touch screen is really messed up when touched.
So, that's why I need to get my 3DS work with R4i

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My plans:
I'll buy the dsiware exploit
I'll install CFW (I know the R button is needed on some parts but it's ok, if I punish it hard enough (by blowing it), it will work... because it's a lazy bum)
Modify the 3DS whitelist (because my main goal is to run R4i DS games on my 3DS, such as nintendogs----- COUGH COUGH I mean, Newer Super Mario Bros. DS (it's a romhack))
Get the R button repaired (after a couple of weeks or days because most DS games won't be needing this such as nintedo---- I mean, yeah!)

Now you'll be saying "It's school time", yes, I definetely know that but at least I'll have some kind of free time...

At least Sepmtember is just the beggining of school and we're not gonna have any hard tests or anything like that.

Also, I'm not gonna buy a ds lite since I already have a 3DS which can play modern games as well.

...and ds lite doesn't have cfw.With 3DS cfw, I can inject many retro games (NES,GB,GBC,GAMEGEAR,GBA etc.) into real apps! But... not for SNES games since nintendo doesn't realize that SNES games CAN run on normal 3DS's (that's what I think...)

Now, as you might have noticed on my signature, I also have a 2DS but:
-The volume slider is completely loose
-The sleep switch doesn't work
-Seedminer won't work on 11.6 and I'm really not gonna update my abandoned 2DS anyway
So please, don't mention my 2DS exists.

P.S. I forgot to mention that I have a DSi XL on 1.4 and the R4i works there, but the touch screen is really messed up when touched.
So, that's why I need to get my 3DS work with R4i
You don't need to modify the whitelist, Luka 3DS unblocks all carts automatically. As for SNES games on O3DS, you can use homebrew emulators like BlargSnes (idk about others because I just use SNES VC injections since I have a N3DS)

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's convinient!
I mean both the snes emulator and whitelist!
I'm getting the bundle tommorow.

Now you're thinking: Why not fix the R button first??
Well
1. It will take some days and it might take so much that school will have already started
2. I'm scared if the technician will update (even if there aren't any updates) I want to add CFW because updating WITH cfw, won't remove it
3. I also want the R4i to work on the 3DS because of the touch screen games such as:
-Nintendogs (dont meik fan of meh :wacko:)
-WarioWare DIY (I know this game hasn't aged well, but it's still solid to me)
-Mario Party DS (We can't forget about the best mario party of all time)

P.S. While I was writing this reply, my dog farted, it smells horribly (sorry 4 bad grammer)

Last edited by EpikJimmer,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, okay. You needn’t justify yourself; your school is none of my business. I just wanted suggest some alternatives to make it easier for you. The DS lite came to my mind, because you explicitly mentioned twice, you wanted cfw just to play your old DS games. Of course the 3DS can do much more. So, yeah, if you want to use other games, go ahead, buy the download code and use seedminer.

But keep in mind: Blowing frequently into an electronic device is not a really good idea because of the moisture. It will – in the long run – damage the button further and could in the worst case affect other components. You should get that thing fixed as soon as possible.
And… you also should ask somebody to take a look at the device which must not be named. (Please do not hate me, I just could not resist!) Maybe only the plastic sliders need to be put in place again. It could have more serious reasons, of course.

By the way: Newer Super Mario Bros. DS is not just any mediocre romhack. It is really good and you can already play it without a working touchscreen (switch between worlds and use spare items with the Select-button).

Reactions: lAkdaOpeKA

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I know Newer Super Mario Bros. DS can be played as if there wasn't a touch screen.
But I want to play Mario Party DS and Kirby Canvas Curse, since the touch screen is needed on these games.

(Off-topic, but I got sad that Japan had an earthquake and nintendo direct got delayed
Yes, I'm worried for both Nintendo Direct and Japan)

Anyhoo, thanks to everyone for their help (including you KlelnesSinchen)
Ummm... Mario Vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again CAN be used for seedminer, right?

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I know Newer Super Mario Bros. DS can be played as if there wasn't a touch screen.
But I want to play Mario Party DS and Kirby Canvas Curse, since the touch screen is needed on these games.

(Off-topic, but I got sad that Japan had an earthquake and nintendo direct got delayed
Yes, I'm worried for both Nintendo Direct and Japan)

Anyhoo, thanks to everyone for their help (including you KlelnesSinchen)
Ummm... Mario Vs. Donkey Kong Minis March Again CAN be used for seedminer, right?
As I already told you, yes it can be used

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ooooh! Alright, I'm getting it tommorow---

...... I just remembered that I've never got a download code or gift card... sort of...

Don't call me dumb, but what do I use to reveal the download code?

Because I have a copy of Tomodachi Life

And it came with a welcome version, which has 2 download codes

AAAnnnd, I screwed both of them up because I tried to reveal them with my finger

Again, do I use a coin to reveal a download code or something like that

Because it's sure that in the near future, I'll get a PS 20euro card and... I don't want to screw the code over!

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ooooh! Alright, I'm getting it tommorow---

...... I just remembered that I've never got a download code or gift card... sort of...

Don't call me dumb, but what do I use to reveal the download code?

Because I have a copy of Tomodachi Life

And it came with a welcome version, which has 2 download codes

AAAnnnd, I screwed both of them up because I tried to reveal them with my finger

Again, do I use a coin to reveal a download code or something like that

Because it's sure that in the near future, I'll get a PS 20euro card and... I don't want to screw the code over!
A coin should be fine, just be gentle and don't press too hard while scratching. I recommend a 1/2/5€ coin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (and the joke here is that i misheard pride month as bread month)