Hacking NTRBootHax vs Bricked N3DS, help required

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't recall getting any errors during the process (using GodMode9), but it still results in the same "CTRNAND can't mount" thing.

EDIT: And again, I probably don't have a backup. I do have one, but it might be from the other console and if I were to use it, I'd probably ruin everything.

Last edited by eworm,

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, sh*t, a proper aeskeydb.bin doesn't do jack either, be it in root or in files9. I'm running out of ideas.

Do you think using Decrypt9WIP to "dump transferable CTRNAND" and using that one would help any? Both these consoles are same region and both are N3DS, but I would still only have GodMode9 to transfer it, so it might be a fruitless endeavor...
d0k3 is working on bringing Decrypt9’s version of CTRNAND transfer to GodMode9. If you can’t get Decrypt9 to boot hold on for just a little bit. You can also try dumping the four key slot files from your other 3DS rather than the aeskeydb file.

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can also try dumping the four key slot files from your other 3DS rather than the aeskeydb file.
I've thought about this, but I can't seem to find the option?

I can work for a new GodMode9 version, I suppose. The really hard bit (getting the console to do anything) has already been handled with NTRBootHax.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall getting any errors during the process (using GodMode9), but it still results in the same "CTRNAND can't mount" thing.

EDIT: And again, I probably don't have a backup. I do have one, but it might be from the other console and if I were to use it, I'd probably ruin everything.

CTRnand can't mount huh? I had a similar issue to what you are having with my 2ds, but I did use godmode and it gave me the option of either mounting the image to drive, or Transfer image to CTRNAND ( I think that's what you want ) :D

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
CTRnand can't mount huh? I had a similar issue to what you are having with my 2ds, but I did use godmode and it gave me the option of either mounting the image to drive, or Transfer image to CTRNAND ( I think that's what you want ) :D
Done that, didn't help.

New development: I've found the slot0x24KeyY.bin online and now Decrypt9WIP properly sets it up... But then proceeds to say "Serial number: UNKNOWN Finalizing Initialization... Initialization: failed! (A to exit)

So yeah, still can't launch Decrypt. Apparently the keys are not the only problem.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Done that, didn't help.

New development: I've found the slot0x24KeyY.bin online and now Decrypt9WIP properly sets it up... But then proceeds to say "Serial number: UNKNOWN Finalizing Initialization... Initialization: failed! (A to exit)

So yeah, still can't launch Decrypt. Apparently the keys are not the only problem.

Hmm I haven't had this problem myself, but you might be able to google and see if someone ever had a situation that was the same.

Maybe @zoogie could help you as well ^^

Reactions: Quantumcat

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Come on, I'm not one of those people who ask first, google later. Of course I'm looking all over the Internet for possible solutions or at least precedences. This is a tough one, seriously. I'll just keep providing information of all kinds, maybe something will give somebody an idea.

Recovery Mode (R+L+A+Up) doesn't work.
Restoring transferable CTRNAND created on my other console didn't do anything other than making Decrypt9WIP freeze after loading the slot keys, without displaying the "serial number: UNKNOWN, Initialization: failed" thing.

Shad0w136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on, I'm not one of those people who ask first, google later. Of course I'm looking all over the Internet for possible solutions or at least precedences. This is a tough one, seriously. I'll just keep providing information of all kinds, maybe something will give somebody an idea.

Recovery Mode (R+L+A+Up) doesn't work.
Restoring transferable CTRNAND created on my other console didn't do anything other than making Decrypt9WIP freeze after loading the slot keys, without displaying the "serial number: UNKNOWN, Initialization: failed" thing.

Honestly man, I wasn't telling you that just to get rid of you, because I'd find the same thing, googling issues, etc.

I honestly think you should see if @zoogie would be willing to assist you.

If I had the same situation as yours, I gladly would have told you my resolution.

HiddenRambler

Trophies
XP
Country

If it's just you being unsure about which console the backup belongs to: you can backup the other console and compare the new backup with what you have to figure out which console the backup belongs to. (It wont be an exact match but most of the binaries should be the same if its from your other console). If it turns out they are not similar then you can be reasonably confident, that the backup is from the bricked console.

Also as you have ntrboothax you don't really have to worry much about damaging the NAND. (just make a full backup first).

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
^What would that accomplish? GodMode9 loads no problem anyway. Do you think it'll restore the CTRNAND properly if it doesn't go through the chainloader?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wonder but why no one asked what version of luma3ds he use? Nightly or official release? I remember having this error when I updated my N3ds and o3ds because luma3ds couldn't handle newer version.
Our issue right now is bringing the N3DS back from the dead with a CTRTransfer to 9.2
Once he is in 9.2 safely, then we can think about getting a CFW on that 3DS

KeyMerVin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I´ve tried, because I´ve got a similar problem (B9S does not initialize, it says it could not initialize SD Card), and in my case, trying with the version 1.2.8 (the only one that boots as boot.firm instead of as Luma´s Payload), I can´t make a CTRtransfer, because GM9 cant mount the nand... I opened a thread about that, and I´m saying this trying to help, not to disturb on this thread

Cheers ^^

Edit: Sorry, a few messages entered while I was writting this

Last edited by KeyMerVin,

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Our issue right now is bringing the N3DS back from the dead with a CTRTransfer to 9.2
Once he is in 9.2 safely, then we can think about getting a CFW on that 3DS
He still said he had luma3ds on it, if he have access to payload, that mean he can normally do CTR transfert. Also, wich build of GM9 he use as I seen in past with my personnal 2 3ds sometime release just doesn't work, same for D9. If he need file, I can try to provide in PM

eworm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm using the newest non-nightly build, meaning 8.1.1 and yes, I have Luma, but all I can do with it is... configure it.

dradonhunter11

French o-MEGA modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also, i've tried to put my simping ways aside a bit, but i just gotta say before i go