Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
What could this exploit actually get us? Does it currently work for both 44 and 81? Would the AK2i be useless as a flashcard/cart after it's installed? Would an older DS/DSi system be needed to fix/uninstall it?

Gets you arm9 code execution on firms up to 10.3.

I currently support o3ds 10.2/10.3 and n3ds 9.0. For both 44 and 81.

It currently requires an exploitable 3ds system to do the cart flashing.

Thunder Hawk

Firefox Master Race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gets you arm9 code execution on firms up to 10.3.

I currently support o3ds 10.2/10.3 and n3ds 9.0. For both 44 and 81.

It currently requires an exploitable 3ds system to do the cart flashing.
Why did I even ask the first question? I knew that... ugh so tired.

So EmuNAND on 9.3 - 10.3 sysNAND? Yes! :D (That does use arm9 to work, right?)

Last edited by Thunder Hawk,

Kitlith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitl.pw
XP
Country
United States
2. Is this exploit possible with something simple like just an R4?
In theory, if we can find a way to modify the header at the places needed, it should work. In practice... I haven't looked far enough to know if you can modify the header on a R4(i (blah)). At the very least, this is something that people haven't been interested in previously, or I'm not searching in the right places.
Would the AK2i be useless as a flashcard/cart after it's installed?
Don't quote me on this, but... I'm positive hw44 would still work, as we wouldn't be modifying anything necessary for it to boot normally. hw81, on the other hand, does things more properly, and it might depend on where the modifications would end up being. Unless of course, any modification in the normal header area causes problems. But... if it lands in the extended header area, I wouldn't think it would be a problem? I can't say anything for sure. Hey, Normmatt?

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In theory, if we can find a way to modify the header at the places needed, it should work. In practice... I haven't looked far enough to know if you can modify the header on a R4(i (blah)). At the very least, this is something that people haven't been interested in previously, or I'm not searching in the right places.

Don't quote me on this, but... I'm positive hw44 would still work, as we wouldn't be modifying anything necessary for it to boot normally. hw81, on the other hand, does things more properly, and it might depend on where the modifications would end up being. Unless of course, any modification in the normal header area causes problems. But... if it lands in the extended header area, I wouldn't think it would be a problem? I can't say anything for sure. Hey, Normmatt?

I have a R4 Dual Core 2016, which is a pretty popular one, is there anything I can do to help?

Kitlith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
kitl.pw
XP
Country
United States
I have a R4 Dual Core 2016, which is a pretty popular one, is there anything I can do to help?
Research? There's nothing I know that I can just hand out and say "do xyz." A warning, google doesn't appear to be too helpful when searching for stuff on this. I assume that if it is possible, it would be possible through a firmware update, however I couldn't find any details on how people make their modified firmwares for R4, either. Though, that's almost definitely me just looking in the wrong places.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/RDrjsrKmeOs?si=ZS8BcIGzWueChiGF