Hacking NUSPacker - pack files into installable packages

Goloki

Proud TX Suporter... LOL!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I made a txt file for one game that said the same and it worked, another I game I just deleted that folder and it also worked.

I've tried putting other files in the folder, and even changing the folder to another one, but I keep getting the same error...

Edit: Nevermind! Managed to get it working. One of my arguments was badly formatted :P

Last edited by Goloki,
Reactions: bigdadblair

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You must have some form of signature patching to install & use NUSpacked titles, unfortunately. This doesn't mean you have to have redNAND though, there are ways to get signature patching on sysNAND.
I've repacked a game... now I want to install it on the usb... What method do I have to use before installing it to usb? Since if I just use wupmod nothing will happen.

bigdadblair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've tried putting other files in the folder, and even changing the folder to another one, but I keep getting the same error...

Edit: Nevermind! Managed to get it working. One of my arguments was badly formatted :P
Have you installed region hax? For some reason the ones I pack don't work, they pack but won't install on wiiU? Won't even start, region hax is done. Using the Wupinstaller y mod to install.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you installed region hax? For some reason the ones I pack don't work, they pack but won't install on wiiU? Won't even start, region hax is done. Using the Wupinstaller y mod to install.

Mmmm. I repacked my own copy of LEGO Dimensions, which is EUR as my console. It repacked fine with NUSpacker and WUD Installer Y supposedly installed it correctly... but the game doesn't appear on my Home Menu, and the only trace it has on my Wii U is the update data, but not the game itself.

cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
hello is it possible to set a copy of lego dimensions on the usb external drive for the wii u?
ik wanna play that game without a cd

greetings!

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello is it possible to set a copy of lego dimensions on the usb external drive for the wii u?
ik wanna play that game without a cd

greetings!

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'll keep you posted.

Reactions: cow

bigdadblair

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mmmm. I repacked my own copy of LEGO Dimensions, which is EUR as my console. It repacked fine with NUSpacker and WUD Installer Y supposedly installed it correctly... but the game doesn't appear on my Home Menu, and the only trace it has on my Wii U is the update data, but not the game itself.
That was what would happen when I used nusinstaller v5. before I figured this out. They would install fine and then no sign of it, I think I could see in Configtool but would freeze on start.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the update data the size of the game itself? If so, NUSpacker may have packed up the entire game as update data for some strange reason.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the update data the size of the game itself? If so, NUSpacker may have packed up the entire game as update data for some strange reason.

It could be. The system was reporting 14 GB being used by the game, but only showed a 3 GB update in the data management tool. I'll try to dump the game without the update to see if it installs correctly.

timogus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting this error as well. What kind of dummy file should I be adding to the folder? I'm sure I put a random 600KB picture in there and it still gives me the same error :S
Looks like you have output folder IN the input folder? Or what is this "dimensionsNusPacked" folder?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I keep having an issue when packing any file. When I try to boot any game packed with NUSPacker, it seems to crash at the boot screen. I have all the necessary files there and I don't think anything is missing.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I keep having an issue when packing any file. When I try to boot any game packed with NUSPacker, it seems to crash at the boot screen. I have all the necessary files there and I don't think anything is missing.

I'm not certain why it happens, but I've always been able to fix that by installing an official update over the NUSpacked game. Give that a shot and let me know what happens. If the game doesn't have an update, I have no clue how to solve your problem.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not certain why it happens, but I've always been able to fix that by installing an official update over the NUSpacked game. Give that a shot and let me know what happens. If the game doesn't have an update, I have no clue how to solve your problem.
My game unfortunately does not have an official update.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm. Found what my problem was. I dumped the files with DDD which isn't always accurate :P. So I guess I'll just use wupclientguimod instead. Anyways, glad I figured it out. Sorry for the double post as well, just wanted to give a status update on what was going on.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nvm. Found what my problem was. I dumped the files with DDD which isn't always accurate :P. So I guess I'll just use wupclientguimod instead. Anyways, glad I figured it out. Sorry for the double post as well, just wanted to give a status update on what was going on.
That would explain why updates fix my games, since updates contain new app.xml and cos.xml files.

Goloki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to solve my install issue by not packing the update with the game. Now I'm trying to update it, but at least it's installed!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    no, i mean if i could store the app on the usb so it doesnt take up my storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why do you ask?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    wtfff why are y'al shitting on me and super negative
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, dont worry im stupid too (or atleast dumb)
  • T @ Texasauras:
    lol im not selling it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: :shit: