Homebrew RELEASE NX Locale Switcher - Change the locale of specific titles from your Switch

Rohanius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is awesome, thank you HamletDuFromage. Been wanting to learn a new language so this is perfect. Having fun gaming while learning. Edutainment.

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
View attachment 284431
this is how config.ini should look

Code:
[override_config]
override_language=ru
override_region=kor

Thanks for the additional explanation, i created the file manually, and when i open your program it shows that the settings have changed as in the ini file (language and region is japanese), however when i boot up the game everything still is English.

Edit:

I reinstalled sys-tweak and now it actually created an ini file automatically, however the game stays in the system default langauge when i boot it up.

Last edited by Veralyn,

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the additional explanation, i created the file manually, and when i open your program it shows that the settings have changed as in the ini file (language and region is japanese), however when i boot up the game everything still is English.

Edit:

I reinstalled sys-tweak and now it actually created an ini file automatically, however the game stays in the system default langauge when i boot it up.
oh, try without sys-tweak? Also are you sure that game supports your desired language? If all fails, you should probably go on the switchbrew discord or on the atmosphere github issues

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
oh, try without sys-tweak? Also are you sure that game supports your desired language? If all fails, you should probably go on the switchbrew discord or on the atmosphere github issues

Hey, sorry for the late reply.

I tried it with sys-tweak diabled and it still won't work.

Thanks for your help though! :)

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I notice the following:

When I change Pokémon Sword to Japanese language and region, I can still boot up the game and its in English.

When I change it to a Chinese region and language i get an atmosphere error when booting up

see:

So it does something I guess :D

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I notice the following:

When I change Pokémon Sword to Japanese language and region, I can still boot up the game and its in English.

When I change it to a Chinese region and language i get an atmosphere error when booting up

see:

So it does something I guess :D

I think you better take this to the atmopshere team, I can't help you there. My app is really is simply a .ini editor

Reactions: Veralyn

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
If loaded in applet mode, the app appears to crash in when it tries to get a list of games. If it's loaded in non-applet mode, everything works just fine for me.

Veralyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Homlet

Sorry to bother you.

When i press "+" to get more options from the game (like data managenent etc _ the game shows up in a japanese language.
But ingame nothing changes, do you have any idea why that is?

See:

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If loaded in applet mode, the app appears to crash in when it tries to get a list of games. If it's loaded in non-applet mode, everything works just fine for me.
yeah, it just runs out of memory if you have too many games in applet mode. Same thing happens with sys-clk manager

@Homlet

Sorry to bother you.

When i press "+" to get more options from the game (like data managenent etc _ the game shows up in a japanese language.
But ingame nothing changes, do you have any idea why that is?

See:

No I'm sorry, I have no idea...

kidcharlemagne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Reactions: Homlet

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Info for 1000+ games is less that 1mb. If app needs 4gb memory for reading this it is a bad written app.
It probably is, I'm not excluding I do some inefficient/leaky shit while parsing the application records. That being said it's not so much that the info is big, but rather that the borealis library (at least legacy borealis) renders the entire list at once, thus exceeding the ~300MB available in applet mode.

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Borealis does not render entire list. It renders only two framebufers frames. GUI objects are small in memory, even 1000 list items uses no more than 4MB.

Homlet

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Borealis does not render entire list. It renders only two framebufers frames. GUI objects are small in memory, even 1000 list items uses no more than 4MB.
I mispoke when I said render, but I do believe the entire list being in memory is what causes the crashes.
Sys-clk edutor suffers from the same issue. https://github.com/retronx-team/sys-clk/issues/29
If it's truly my app being sloppily written, I do not know how to fix it :^)

duckbill007

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Already said: whole list for 1000 games in memory is less than 4MB including all borealis objects and can not cause crashes.

For usual user with less than 100 games whole list in memory should not be an issue at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: what are the best video patches for wii games being injected with uwuvci aio (for the best quality)