nxlink refuses to connect

noneuclideanmotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As title says, I can't figure out why it won't connect! I know for a fact homebrew apps can connect to the switch to the computer, so I'm not sure what the problem is at all, it can't be that the switch can't be reached at all because that can't be the case.

(to be clear I mean I have got the switch to connect to the same computer with homebrew apps, so it can't be that a connection cannot be made at all). It also can't be the computer's firewall because I disabled it already to see if it would fix it.

P.S where on earth can I find any sort of documentation for libnx?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As title says, I can't figure out why it won't connect! I know for a fact homebrew apps can connect to the switch to the computer, so I'm not sure what the problem is at all, it can't be that the switch can't be reached at all because that can't be the case.
Start basic…is nslink turned on in your Switch?
(to be clear I mean I have got the switch to connect to the same computer with homebrew apps, so it can't be that a connection cannot be made at all). It also can't be the computer's firewall because I disabled it already to see if it would fix it.
Can you ping your switch‘s IP adress from your PC?
P.S where on earth can I find any sort of documentation for libnx?
https://github.com/switchbrew/libnx

noneuclideanmotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Start basic…is nslink turned on in your Switch?

Can you ping your switch‘s IP adress from your PC?
(By starting nslink you mean pressing y on the homebrew menu right?)

Now that I have tested it again, no it doesn't. Nor do the other apps I mentioned able to connect to my PC anymore. I don't know what's going on, they connected just fine a few hours ago.
Post automatically merged:

It works now, I changed nothing.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(By starting nslink you mean pressing y on the homebrew menu right?)
correct.
Now that I have tested it again, no it doesn't. Nor do the other apps I mentioned able to connect to my PC anymore. I don't know what's going on, they connected just fine a few hours ago.

Did your IP address change? Make sure your DHCP lease didn’t Just expire on you.
Post automatically merged:

It works now, I changed nothing.
Interesting for sure.

Nslink works now too ?

Last edited by binkinator,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep, I'm not really sure what was up with it or what changed.
I’m going to chock it up to not acquiring an IP address. Unfortunately w/o logs or a smoking gun we’ll never know. If it happens again, try to get a screen shot of your network settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2