Hardware Nyko Power Grip for Original (1000/1101) Vita costs $80+? But slim (2000) one only $20ish?

Aether Lion

GBATemp's Pet Lion
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone care to explain why this is? I saw a Phat version on eBay and it was only $20 but by the time I put it in my cart it was gone. ;-;
Why is there such a price difference between the two? Whether it be Amazon/eBay/etc?
Thanks.
~Dustin~

the_miah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the phat version would have lower available stock everywhere vs versions for the slim since it's older, but also the phat version would require the special sony connector for the battery pack vs the usb connection on the slim. that would cause at least a little bit of expense difference to build.

Reactions: Aether Lion

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm resurrecting this thread from the dead. I'm a necromancer, sorry.

I've seen these Nyko Power Grips for Vita 1000 OLED go for $200. I'm not kidding. I've been watching for the past two months, and whenever they go on sale, they're $150-$200. The price of a damn Vita.
I emailed Nyko and suggested they do a limited production run of their Power Grip for the 1000 series. I swear those things would sell like crazy. There's nothing else like it on the market - the damn proprietary charging port is what kills third party support (that - and the fact that the Vita is a dead system haha).
I was finally able to find one on Amazon a few days ago (Amazon Warehouse) used for $49. Even though, it's over twice the price of the original charger... I consider it a decent deal.
I want to be able to charge and play at the same time while having the grip - is that too much to ask?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof