Hacking o3DS In a brick like state (A9LH/B9)

KeoniAzugon

OP
Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
[Solved] Info near the end.

So this is my first time asking for help with any issues related to the 3ds that has to due with critical parts of the system. If this thread goes somewhere else, please do so in moving it to the appropriate place. ok here goes.

System is ver. 11.5U with A9LH updated to B9 to try to solve the issue without success. (More on this later)
EmuNAND is Used because i have a U.S. account and a Mexican account.

What happened was, I got my hands on 2 N3DS with versions 11.5U to hack. I followed the guide on 3ds.guide for a DSiware hack through a transfer with success on the first N3DS. Preparing my EmuNAND to buy the DSiware, prepare the game, then transfer to SysNAND to check that the modification of the DSiware is a success. Before any modifications of NAND stuff or transfers I make time stamp Backups of the NANDs. So on round 2 on preparing for hacking the next N3DS, On trying to connect to the eShop to buy another DSi game, I get different errors on not being able to connect to the store, most say it was my wifi network. To clear that doubt, I headed over to a friends to see if the error is a valid one only to run into more errors. One of them I recognized so I changed my 3DS's Console ID. That doesn't work and continue to get different errors about my wifi network. (I don't have them noted down but i did my research of the errors.) With that I go to clear NNID by injecting a clean nnidsave.bin, making a backup before doing so. I restart my 3ds and this time it doesn't even enter the system, hence a brick-like state. Being calm and analyzing the possibilities, I do a bit of troubleshooting, restoring the back ups I've made until I start restoring the NAND backups one by one to no avail...

I'm open to suggestions and any help is very much appreciated

Info Edit: I still have access to Luma chainloads for payloads so GodMode9, Decript9, HourGlass, still work and load without issue.

Final Result: So Thanks to @HiddenRambler , for bring up that the Wifi module can cause a brick like state, in my case a light cleaning and reconnecting of the wifi module solved the Issue here.

HiddenRambler said in the comments:
I remember reading about how the wifi adapter inside the 3ds getting loose making it not boot in a similar way. Might want to open it up and reseat the wifi adapter: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/304268/3ds+xl+powers+on+but+won't+boot

Last edited by KeoniAzugon,

KeoniAzugon

OP
Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Then I'll pass. Its not about the pay but im looking for more of a how to fix this and help guide others as well when the problem presents itself.

KeoniAzugon

OP
Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
Your Referring to NTRhax? I would have to wait cause i have a duo core 2016 R4. I'll update OP to reference that i still have access to luma chain loading payloads.

HiddenRambler

Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: Lacius

KeoniAzugon

OP
Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
This is actually what i'm trying at the moment. In my backups, i made a CTRNand for another 3ds that had a semi-brick but could actually enter into the system.
I'll Post an update on how it goes.

Update: CTRNAND transfer went smoothly but the issue persists and now that i'm brainstorming some more, it feels like it is having an issue reading Luma after the configuration or if one were to take the sd out it tries to read the payload but get stuck somewhere.

HiddenRambler

Trophies
XP
Country
This is actually what i'm trying at the moment. In my backups, i made a CTRNand for another 3ds that had a semi-brick but could actually enter into the system.
I'll Post an update on how it goes.

Update: CTRNAND transfer went smoothly but the issue persists and now that i'm brainstorming some more, it feels like it is having an issue reading Luma after the configuration or if one were to take the sd out it tries to read the payload but get stuck somewhere.

I remember reading about how the wifi adapter inside the 3ds getting loose making it not boot in a similar way. Might want to open it up and reseat the wifi adapter: https://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/304268/3ds+xl+powers+on+but+won't+boot

Reactions: KeoniAzugon

KeoniAzugon

OP
Trophies
Website
Nblog.org
XP
Country
United States
@HiddenRambler oh thats right, I completely over looked that and feels kinda obvious XD. Looks like will have to open it after all. I'll update the tread if that was the root of the issue.

Update: Got done giving the 3DS a basic "cleaning" with only disconnecting and reconnecting the Wifi module. This solved the root of the problem and system is up and running again. Going to update OP. Thanks for helping in the troubleshooting (^.^)b

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @MysticStarlight, thx vivian fan