Homebrew O3DS users who have tried the latest release of sysUpdater, PLEASE post your results here!

What were your results from downgrading?

• I downgraded to 9.2.0-20U successfully

Votes: 174 89.7%
  • I bricked my O3DS using the latest (0.4.2b) version of sysUpdater from TuxSH

Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

u4ick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
This is legitimately fuckin' awesome.

Can't convince the 20+ people on my 3DS Smash skype chat to even install browserhax, smh..
ill be a lot happier when i can install cfw on my n3ds without the fear of bricking the console.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, to be clear, I should download the "ready-to-go Time Traveller Packages" if I would do the downgrade, right? I'm still debating whether or not I should try it on my spare OLD 3DS.

Also, to help with my internal debate, how many reported bricks are there for the new version? It is a spare 3DS, but still...

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not actually installing CIA's to 9.2 I mean like how to do this downgrade in general. I heard you need the update 9.2 Firmware CIA from people in some of these threads.
Based on the instructions in the readme file that comes with it you could use a retail copy of cubic ninja in sysnand to load homebrew launcher then load sysupdater to use the downgrade feature that it has or upgrade if below 9.2. Anyone correct me if i am wrong on that.

Last edited by cvskid,

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill be a lot happier when i can install cfw on my n3ds without the fear of bricking the console.
Browserhax is safe as hell though. If I can't even convince them of that, then I'll never convince them to love themselves and get some cfw.

u4ick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
Browserhax is safe as hell though. If I can't even convince them of that, then I'll never convince them to love themselves and get some cfw.
downgrading the n3ds is currently unsafe, and my n3ds is at 10.1 so im pretty much fucked without getting bricked. thats what i was talking about.

nobody231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How many brick reports are there now for the latest version? I want to test the downgrade on my spare old3DS, but I want to make sure that it won't brick anyways.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have this error message for them in the sysupdater before either clicking update or downgrade? ERROR : Can't create allocating thread. Failure! :(

SUCCESS! I downgraded on O3DS from 10.2.0-28 to 9.2.0-20 and will now start installing cfw!

Tip: You can use .TTP files for updating using sysUpdater, just change the file extension to .zip and extract the contents to the updates folder.
What are .TTP files? A different type of .cia?

Last edited by cvskid,

tesnos6921

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SUCCESS! I downgraded on O3DS from 10.2.0-28 to 9.2.0-20 and will now start installing cfw!

Tip: You can use .TTP files for updating using sysUpdater, just change the file extension to .zip and extract the contents to the updates folder.

Reactions: CitizenSnips

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mungry said:
I have successfully downgraded my O3DS from 10.3 to 9.2! I am currently setting up emunand and installing rxtools!

are you hard modded?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will somebody PLEASE make a guide on how to do cfw stuff ..... im still on the last part of all this ...pondering if i should go ahead and downgrade got everything but what ever is needed to install cfw stuffs...

darklordrs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the people who've downgraded: Is it worth?

will somebody PLEASE make a guide on how to do cfw stuff ..... im still on the last part of all this ...pondering if i should go ahead and downgrade got everything but what ever is needed to install cfw stuffs...

There's a flashcarts\custom firmware section. Several guides there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1