• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, i am british so don't really care that much about this.

but i am glad that obama won, mcain was like bush and... we don't need anyomre of that.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Destructobot said:
upbumpo190 said:
You obviously have misunderstood these "conspiracy theories", since everybody knows that the main beams of the towers were melted, from the inside, by bombs.
This was the previous stupidest thing I'd seen. Do some research, the beams never melted.

The main support beams were melted and sheared by powerful thermite type explosives. This explains the fact that there were hot spots underground for months after the towers were brought down in a controlled demolition. Basically the clean up teams were finding pools of molten steel six weeks after 9/11, of course everything that burned in the towers could only reach a maximum temperature of half the steels melting point. Its not stupid, its physics, nothing apart from high temperature explosives could cause those pools of molten metal!
yaypsp.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Its not stupid, its physics, nothing apart from high temperature explosives could cause those pools of molten metal!
yaypsp.gif

That's interesting. How did they manage to get that metal into girder shape in the first place then? By blowing it up with massive bombs before putting it into moulds?

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
no idea, im an ignorant brit with a USA flag
smile.gif

i know the media can be pretty biased but the interviews with the public after obama had won were amusing:
random black person1 "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
random black person2 *tears streaming down face* "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
and so on.
Not one of them mentioned anything about him as a politician or even as a human being.
Not everyone will be like that ofc, footage would have been selected etc
I am just surprised there were no "YESSS NO RETARDED SARAH PALIN"

People from all sides of the political spectrum were saying that either a black president or female vice-president would be a momentus step for America - Even George Bush has said that much.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Destructobot said:
Sstew said:
Um, Hello we said the same about Bush.
No, we didn't. We said "holy shit, how did that retard manage to steal the election? Only smart people should be able to do that!"
Lol. I dont even know what Sstew was replying to, but I am glad to see someone else wondered the same thing that I was wondering for 8 years.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
gizmo_gal said:
I missed the announcing of the president elect because I fell asleep ad no one woke me up, but I'm gonna watch it on YouTube or something.

McCain's speech conceeding defeat was refreshing, it was like he'd had the GOP mind control ray turned off and he was back to being the McCain of old, someone who deserves the respect of people right across the political spectrum. Shame the frothing apes attending his rallies, which he was unable to control to an extent where they wouldn't harm his campaign, couldn't be as gracious.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
jabjab said:
no idea, im an ignorant brit with a USA flag
smile.gif

i know the media can be pretty biased but the interviews with the public after obama had won were amusing:
random black person1 "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
random black person2 *tears streaming down face* "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
and so on.
Not one of them mentioned anything about him as a politician or even as a human being.
Not everyone will be like that ofc, footage would have been selected etc
I am just surprised there were no "YESSS NO RETARDED SARAH PALIN"

People from all sides of the political spectrum were saying that either a black president or female vice-president would be a momentus step for America - Even George Bush has said that much.
positive discrimination is a form of racism also.
Remember its cool to be seem as an accepting person saying 'yes i love black people'
Id prefer someone to say 'i dont care that hes black but hes a twat i like xxx' but people are too afraid of any backlash from those that just shout 'RACIST' as soon as a black person is 'oppressed'.
A black president is not a momentous step for america - realisation that a GOOD president regardless of race is whats needed... now THAT would be the true momentous step for america.

ds_user_997 the british economy is affected massively by the americans - unless they strengthen theirs then there will be trouble everywhere
Also your avatar still looks like a stretched steaming turd.

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
BlueStar said:
p1ngpong said:
Its not stupid, its physics, nothing apart from high temperature explosives could cause those pools of molten metal!
yaypsp.gif

That's interesting. How did they manage to get that metal into girder shape in the first place then? By blowing it up with massive bombs before putting it into moulds?

I said nothing in those towers that was burning could melt or even weaken the steel, even jet fuel cant, they just dont burn hot enough.

I didnt say steel cant be melted, all the beams were shipped off to China to be melted down before anyone could examine them. That is what we call "A cover up"
happy.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
p1ngpong said:
Destructobot said:
upbumpo190 said:
You obviously have misunderstood these "conspiracy theories", since everybody knows that the main beams of the towers were melted, from the inside, by bombs.
This was the previous stupidest thing I'd seen. Do some research, the beams never melted.

The main support beams were melted and sheared by powerful thermite type explosives. This explains the fact that there were hot spots underground for months after the towers were brought down in a controlled demolition. Basically the clean up teams were finding pools of molten steel six weeks after 9/11, of course everything that burned in the towers could only reach a maximum temperature of half the steels melting point. Its not stupid, its physics, nothing apart from high temperature explosives could cause those pools of molten metal!
yaypsp.gif

A transcription of an audio interview of Ground Zero chaplain Herb Trimpe contains the following passage:
QUOTEWhen I was there, of course, the remnants of the towers were still standing. It looked like an enormous junkyard. A scrap metal yard, very similar to that. Except this was still burning. There was still fire. On the cold days, even in January, there was a noticeable difference between the temperature in the middle of the site than there was when you walked two blocks over on Broadway. You could actually feel the heat.

It took me a long time to realize it and I found myself actually one day wanting to get back. Why? Because I felt more comfortable. I realized it was actually warmer on site. The fires burned, up to 2,000 degrees, underground for quite a while before they actually got down to those areas and they cooled off.

I talked to many contractors and they said they actually saw molten metal trapped, beams had just totally had been melted because of the heat. So this was the kind of heat that was going on when those airplanes hit the upper floors. It was just demolishing heat

An article in The Newsletter of the Structural Engineers Association of Utah describing a speaking appearance by Leslie Robertson (structural engineer responsible for the design of the World Trade Center) contains this passage:
As of 21 days after the attack, the fires were still burning and molten steel was still running.

And here's a good fact:
Most steel has other metals added to tune its properties, like strength, corrosion resistance, or ease of fabrication. Steel is just the element iron that has been processed to control the amount of carbon. Iron, out of the ground, melts at around 1510 degrees C (2750°F). Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C (2500°F).

Considering that the quote above said the fires burned up to 2000 degrees, it must be in °F, even after a few weeks from the actual attack. If after a few weeks it's 2000, a simple logic will say that it's possible the fire's temperature may reach up to 2500. Even if it's not, we don't know whether are they pure steel or not, and thus may have lower melting temperature than 2500, making it even more possible to melt not because some damned thermic bombs, but from extensive burn.

Hitto

MKDS Tournament Winner
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
troofers and racists, what a lovely bunch in this fine pirate's den!
Well, glad to see the retards around here won't even celebrate the first *real* good news this country's had this year :

THE DOLLAR IS UP!

Now, I wanna see Obama pull out a 'fro and DISCO STYLE the world insteada policin' it, dig?

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Raestloz said:
And here's a good fact:
Most steel has other metals added to tune its properties, like strength, corrosion resistance, or ease of fabrication. Steel is just the element iron that has been processed to control the amount of carbon. Iron, out of the ground, melts at around 1510 degrees C (2750°F). Steel often melts at around 1370 degrees C (2500°F).

Considering that the quote above said the fires burned up to 2000 degrees, it must be in °F, even after a few weeks from the actual attack. If after a few weeks it's 2000, a simple logic will say that it's possible the fire's temperature may reach up to 2500. Even if it's not, we don't know whether are they pure steel or not, and thus may have lower melting temperature than 2500, making it even more possible to melt not because some damned thermic bombs, but from extensive burn.

You know what also makes me laugh? All the steel was fire proofed with massive ammounts of asbestos too, making it harder to be effected by fire, thats why all the poor rescue workers are dropping dead from lung disease now!

edit: im not agreeing with you btw, if you want to believe that underground oxygen starved fire can get hot enough to melt high grade steel ive got magic beans to sell you bro.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
p1ngpong said:
You know what also makes me laugh? All the steel was fire proofed with massive ammounts of asbestos too, making it harder to be effected by fire, thats why all the poor rescue workers are dropping dead from lung disease now!
LoL, and what other source of heat other than fire can melt them? Even the sun provides us with heat by burning gases, which conjures fire

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Raestloz said:
p1ngpong said:
LoL, and what other source of heat other than fire can melt them? Even the sun provides us with heat by burning gases, which conjures fire

Thermite like I said before?

And what im saying is when they built the towers they kind of guessed there might be a fire in them at some point so they over engineered them to withstand that. Apart from 9/11 no steel buildings have ever collapsed from fire, on 9/11 three did from small, isolated cool burning fires.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
p1ngpong said:
Apart from 9/11 no steel buildings have ever collapsed from fire, on 9/11 three did from small, isolated cool burning fires.

Which other buildings have had planes with full tanks of fuel deliberitely rammed into them at full speed? All of these wack-job theories have been debunked time and time again, stop making people who disagreed with that moron bush look stupid.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
p1ngpong said:
Thermite like I said before?

And what im saying is when they built the towers they kind of guessed there might be a fire in them at some point so they over engineered them to withstand that. Apart from 9/11 no steel buildings have ever collapsed from fire, on 9/11 three did from small, isolated cool burning fires.
Does thermite not conjure fire?
wtf.gif

About 2nd point: already got that a few posts ago
smile.gif

3rd point: interesting... but what do you mean? You mean 3 of them collapsed or melt away?

p1ngpong

Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
They over engineered them to withstand plane impacts too, you kind of take that into account when your making the tallest buildings in the world at the time.

Nothings been debunked, the 9/11 commission was a whitewash, and also building seven which collapsed was not hit by anything!

Tell me that isnt the most perfect controlled demolition youve ever seen!

Your saying fire did that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3