• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

OBAMA IS PRESIDENT!

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Broken Skye said:
Japan is weird.
1225892711721hk1.jpg
Japan is weird.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So yeah, both my parents are church-going, sunday school attending, Republicans. And they were pissed at me for rubbing it in their face that Obama won. (Cause I'm a Democrat)

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL Look at this one! - Video removed for now

im all for change and shit...but i hope to god the end of our freedom and goverment controll doesn't come now..i haven't got what I want out of life yet
cry.gif

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well since im late to the party let me start by saying that today is a good day. We needed to move away freom the right wing republican policiies that the bush administration has pushed on us for the past 8 years. would all of this happen under Al Gore? I cant really say...

the winner of the Democratic nod was gonna thrash Mccain in the election anyway so idk why people were so shocked that McCain lost. he shot himselfd in the foot with all of the attack ads and tying himself to the most unpopular us president of all time.

do i think obama can "change" the country? anyone with a half a brain knows that this is a long term project. it might take 10-15 years of good government to undo all of Baby Bush's work. Obama however has the Charisma and the right ideas to move this country forward.

the only thing that worried me was that most of voting america would vote mccain in based on skin color. If you look at the election map, McCain picked up mist of the back country, rural white america. but obama picked up the states that mattered. the race couldve gone in the white mans favor, but im glad to see that we made the right call and picked the right party to help us on the 1st steps to recovery

OBAMA 2008, 2012

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY A BLACK MAN WON!!
Forgot his name for a sec but HES BLACK!!

Kinda pathetic, who knows what would have happened if he was white and if McCain didn't have Palin.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raven Darkheart said:
well since im late to the party let me start by saying that today is a good day. We needed to move away freom the right wing republican policiies that the bush administration has pushed on us for the past 8 years. would all of this happen under Al Gore? I cant really say...

the winner of the Democratic nod was gonna thrash Mccain in the election anyway so idk why people were so shocked that McCain lost. he shot himselfd in the foot with all of the attack ads and tying himself to the most unpopular us president of all time.

do i think obama can "change" the country? anyone with a half a brain knows that this is a long term project. it might take 10-15 years of good government to undo all of Baby Bush's work. Obama however has the Charisma and the right ideas to move this country forward.

the only thing that worried me was that most of voting america would vote mccain in based on skin color. If you look at the election map, McCain picked up mist of the back country, rural white america. but obama picked up the states that mattered. the race couldve gone in the white mans favor, but im glad to see that we made the right call and picked the right party to help us on the 1st steps to recovery

OBAMA 2008, 2012

Are you serious!?!?

"the only thing that worried me was that most of voting america would vote mccain in based on skin color"

Completely untrue, Did you not hear every news channel say that Obama won a lot of the white vote, and 98% of the african american vote. That is what is racist, 98% of african americans in the country voted for Obama without learning about his terrible policies and hidden past.

Everyone believes that omg, Obama is President!, the country is going to get better!. Um, Hello we said the same about Bush. Also Obama is extremely radical in his votes, while on the campaign he was like a completely different person. So we'll see what happens.

Is Canada Nice?
I might have to move there.

Raven Darkheart

The Radioactive Flamer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
Raven Darkheart said:

OBAMA 2008, 2012

Are you serious!?!?

"the only thing that worried me was that most of voting america would vote mccain in based on skin color"

Completely untrue, Did you not hear every news channel say that Obama won a lot of the white vote, and 98% of the african american vote. That is what is racist, 98% of african americans in the country voted for Obama without learning about his terrible policies and hidden past.

Everyone believes that omg, Obama is President!, the country is going to get better!. Um, Hello we said the same about Bush. Also Obama is extremely radical in his votes, while on the campaign he was like a completely different person. So we'll see what happens.

Is Canada Nice?
I might have to move there.

I voted correctly. but that was my only fear that peeps would go out and vote on skin color. if they did it wouldnt be the 1st time america got it wrong.

that was my point

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
61% of Obama’s support came from white people.

23% = black

11% = Hispanic

according to ABC News

The Republicans played the gender card all the way through the campaign, now they're playing the race card. They really need to get over their whiney victim complex and start taking some responsibility for their utter failure of a campaign.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, and they need wise up to what it actually is about President Obama that the American people like and what it was about the GOP campaign they disliked. Otherwise they're doomed to repeat history with a botched attempt at creating President Palin in 2012 (Sorry for the couble post this crappy work computer won't let me use the edit button on GBATemp)

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nintendolinky said:
Im from the UK, but im so proud of the USA at the moment. Well done for you all
smile.gif
smile.gif
Yeah, we talk a good fight, but wait until we actually start pulling our heads out of our asses before you pile on the congratulations.

Also, don't forget that Bush is still president, and he will be for about 11 more weeks.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:

23% = black

11% = Hispanic

according to ABC News

The Republicans played the gender card all the way through the campaign, now they're playing the race card. They really need to get over their whiney victim complex and start taking some responsibility for their utter failure of a campaign.
According to some USA wiki page on its population:
there are 68% white, 15% hispanic and 12% black in the USA showing a massive 'black vote'.
(obviously this vote from black population wouldn't cause a landslide but imo a fair indicator that race was a large factor in votes)

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
jabjab said:
BlueStar said:

23% = black

11% = Hispanic

according to ABC News

According to some USA wiki page on its population:
there are 68% white, 15% hispanic and 12% black in the USA showing a massive 'black vote'.
(obviously this vote from black population wouldn't cause a landslide but imo shows race is a factor in votes)

Doesn't the black population of the US traditionally lean democrat anyway? Isn't there a higher black population in urban centres, which tend to go Democrat anyway? Didn't Clinton get large percentages of the black vote in spite of being white? Doesn't the hispanic population traditionally lean to the Republicans? If an hispanic canditate wins it for the Republicans next time round do the democrats get to whine that it's just because of the colour of his skin? This is all just smoke and mirrors, but if this excuse distracts the GOP from doing a post-mortem on their campaign and looking at the real issues why they did so poorly it can only be good for the Democrats.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no idea, im an ignorant brit with a USA flag
smile.gif

i know the media can be pretty biased but the interviews with the public after obama had won were amusing:
random black person1 "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
random black person2 *tears streaming down face* "YESSSS THE FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT"
and so on.
Not one of them mentioned anything about him as a politician or even as a human being.
Not everyone will be like that ofc, footage would have been selected etc
I am just surprised there were no "YESSS NO RETARDED SARAH PALIN"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm @SylverReZ now?