Gaming Ocarina 3DS or N64

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yep. And PJ64 will do Majora in true widescreen, too!

And Majora is even awesomer than Ocarina!

I still say go with the Hori pad. Or at least with an original controller.

Neku_Sakuraba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
I got two options here, either way i wan't to beat Ocarina of time.

Option 1

Buy 3DS
Buy 3DS compatible flashcard
Buy Ocarina Of Time 3DS

All up that will cost me a fair bit or....

Option 2

Buy N64
Buy Ocarina Of Time N64

extremely cheap compared to option one,
what do you guys think?

in My opinion the N64 and original LOZ:OOT isn't really worth paying for anyways. I mean if you own a wii you can play Legend of Zelda for cheap (if you have the classic controller) but i am assuming you have not played LOZ:OOT so i suggest the 3ds. The price is gonna drop to $170 which is pretty good for a console. the 3DS Ocarina of time is amazing. it has alot of things that the n64 version doesn't. 1.Great Grafics 2. Better Controls 3.Master Quest 4.Boss Mode. SO GO GET A 3DS

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because of this topic I just tried out OoT on my GameCube and MAN did shooting the bats SUCK compared to the gyroscopic controls of the 3DS. It is way more playable with the 3DS, I even found myself trying to use the controller as gyroscope out of automatism lol!

iluvfupaburgers

FUPA Luva
Trophies
XP
Country
Ecuador
well, i was looking around ebay, and OoT can be really expensive for n64, since it is a classic, prices go around 300-500, didnt see anything cheaper for that game there. and on amazon i saw it for 120 (prices are US dollars)

ut2k4master

Lord Tourettes
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TheForce81 said:
Because of this topic I just tried out OoT on my GameCube and MAN did shooting the bats SUCK compared to the gyroscopic controls of the 3DS. It is way more playable with the 3DS, I even found myself trying to use the controller as gyroscope out of automatism lol!

why don't you use the L/Z Button to aim?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going really off topic right now, but the L/Z buttons in small rooms often are too slow, the gyroscope is way faster.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mchief298 said:
Well, I agree with most of KidIce... I have to say.. If you can't hook your N64 up to your TV? You need a new television. There has yet to be a TV I could not hook my beloved N64 up to.
wink.gif

I've seen quite a few HDTV's of late that do not have coax or RCA inputs (except for audio). Where pray tell am I to get an HDMI cable for the N64? ;-)

Thaddeus_Twain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
N64 pro's:
Original version
Cheap
Other N64 games can be played on said N64
Glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT

N64 con's:
Not portable
Won't hook up to many modern TV's
Takes up space
Dead platform
Glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT

3DS pro's:
Portable
Superior graphics
3D
Comes w/ a bunch of other software (web browser, AR games, Mii Plaza, etc)
Glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT fixed
New glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT
New, growing platform
Z targeting via motion controls is great
Free CD (I got one anyway)

3DS con's:
Not the original - Minor differences that almost no one will notice or care about
Doesn't play other N64 games (Star Fox should be out soon though)
Will tempt you to buy new games and thus empty your wallet
Smaller screen (unless you have a really tiny TV)
Z targeting via motion controls in public makes you look like you're having a seizure (you don't have to use it though)
Glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT fixed
New glitches and bugs in LoF:OoT

If you want to play the original, I'd grab a Super Joy Box, a PS2 controller and PJ64 and play it emulated on the PC... Not buy an N64. BUy the real cart if you don't want to resort to piracy.

OTOH, I'd still recommend the 3DS option. It's superior in almost every way for LoF:OoT, IMO. It's not a dead platform. It's portable. And a host of other reasons that I won't go into.

The bugs are not fixed in the 3DS version. If anything, you could say the bugs are emulated.

D

Deleted-236924

regnad said:
And the second one works with rumble, and is the only one that does that to my knowledge.
Adaptoid does it.
But it's incredibly rare.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Pingouin7 said:
regnad said:
And the second one works with rumble, and is the only one that does that to my knowledge.
Adaptoid does it.
But it's incredibly rare.

I'm aware Adaptoid works with rumble with original controllers, but with the Hori?

According to this posting here, the Adaptoid doesn't work with the Hori pad with or without rumble.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both, I love retro games (though I grew up with the rise and fall of the N64, the entire game is nostalgic) and I like ports and love remakes (albeit in this case "pure", which isn't really in my best tastes.

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
KidIce said:
Mchief298 said:
Well, I agree with most of KidIce... I have to say.. If you can't hook your N64 up to your TV? You need a new television. There has yet to be a TV I could not hook my beloved N64 up to.
wink.gif

I've seen quite a few HDTV's of late that do not have coax or RCA inputs (except for audio). Where pray tell am I to get an HDMI cable for the N64? ;-)

You can't use this? http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-N64-S-Video...9/dp/B000SOSXX4

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
regnad said:
KidIce said:
Mchief298 said:
wink.gif

You can't use this? http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-N64-S-Video...9/dp/B000SOSXX4

Actually, I must say, those TV's lacking old school RF inputs that I talked about DO have S-Video ports... And that I never even once in my life went looking for an S-Video cable for anything. :-D I stand corrected.

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing Golden Sun on the Dingoo is a bad idea. The game lags A LOT. Screen lag, sound lag. If you want full speed, I'll recommend using CFW on a PSP go. I own both handhelds. After receiving the PSP go, I barely use my Dingoo anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa https://youtu.be/BKLXOGhXrj4?si=4kXpeyCfxwL_k3qC