Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
ocarina-of-time-3d-logo.jpg
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time has become the 3DS's third million selling title, behind Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Nintendogs + Cats. The game has sold a total of 1.08 million worldwide, 810,000 of those are from the US and Europe, and the other 270,000 are from Japan.[/p]
icon11.gif
 Source

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
RupeeClock said:
Hmm, only 270k in japan? That is curious.
Zelda isn't that big in Japan as far as I'm aware.
I'm pretty sure it's this. Iirc, it was one of the reasons why stores in JP were announced to have less copies on shelves.

But overall that's pretty neat for this title and it being a port, remake, or whatever the hell it counts as. @_@

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The way I see it: Why buy a game that you already own, and that Nintendo have been reselling for years?
It's not like the remake actually adds anything worth paying for.

D

Deleted-236924

Antoligy said:
The way I see it: Why buy a game that you already own, and that Nintendo have been reselling for years?
That last statement is subjective.
The definition of "worth paying for" varies for each person.

For example, someone who didn't have Master Quest on the GameCube could see OoT3D as a good investment.
Or those who simply didn't have the game (or a 64) back in the 64 era.
Maybe even just those who wanted to have portable OoT for so long.
It could even be as little as having the inventory being on the bottom screen.
For some, it could be the enhanced graphics.

D

Deleted User

Antoligy said:
I think you're severely undermining the portability factor. Being able to take the game with you in the car, on the train, being able to play it in a mate's house. Also undermining the gyroscopic controls which are really well implemented into the game and control as good as you could possibly think they would, and don't interfere with the 3D depth at all which is contrary of what you'd think (unless you hold the 3DS and use the Gyro controls wrong. As for the 3D, the 3D effects might not be a necessary addition, but they are nice and Hyrule definitely looks nicer when it has depth.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Antoligy said:
I think you're severely undermining the portability factor. Being able to take the game with you in the car, on the train, being able to play it in a mate's house. Also undermining the gyroscopic controls which are really well implemented into the game and control as good as you could possibly think they would, and don't interfere with the 3D depth at all which is contrary of what you'd think (unless you hold the 3DS and use the Gyro controls wrong. As for the 3D, the 3D effects might not be a necessary addition, but they are nice and Hyrule definitely looks nicer when it has depth.

I think you're overestimating how much people who have played the game multiple times would care about the small things like that.

D

Deleted User

Nathan Drake said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Antoligy said:

I think you're overestimating how much people who have played the game multiple times would care about the small things like that.
Well no, because I'm one of those people who have played the game multiple times. SO many times. I really don't see how they're small things at all.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Nathan Drake said:
warmijwilfaain said:
Antoligy said:

Well no, because I'm one of those people who have played the game multiple times. SO many times. I really don't see how they're small things at all.

In the long run, they are small things. The game was still made in standard 3D like the original, the game play remains unchanged (no, the gyroscope does not count as changing the game play to a drastic degree), hell, the 3D doesn't even matter to many people as they either aren't very good with it, can't use it, or just don't want to hurt their battery life anymore. Better graphics are only important if you are a graphics whore really. It may look nicer, but in the long run, that doesn't affect anything at all except for your ability to call it pretty. The game is very, very short too. It could easily be beaten in two days whilst taking your time and only playing maybe four hours a day.

Paying $40 for a 3D remake of a released to death game seems unreasonable at best. I think you are just trying to accentuate the small things to such an extent in order to justify the money you spent on a game that you have beaten "SO many times."

D

Deleted User

Nathan Drake said:
In the long run, they are small things. The game was still made in standard 3D like the original, the game play remains unchanged (no, the gyroscope does not count as changing the game play to a drastic degree), hell, the 3D doesn't even matter to many people as they either aren't very good with it, can't use it, or just don't want to hurt their battery life anymore. Better graphics are only important if you are a graphics whore really. It may look nicer, but in the long run, that doesn't affect anything at all except for your ability to call it pretty. The game is very, very short too. It could easily be beaten in two days whilst taking your time and only playing maybe four hours a day.

Paying $40 for a 3D remake of a released to death game seems unreasonable at best.
Are you talking about on paper or your actual experience with OOT3D?

Because maybe on paper it doesn't seem to be worth the amount, but believe me after playing and completing and falling in love with the game over and over again, which is superior to the original in every way, it really was worth the money I shelled out for it. Your comment about the 3D not being used much seems a little inaccurate. Figures please to show that most people can't or won't use it? I know there'll be a few but I suspect they're in the minority, unless you've got an actual figure, lol.

So short games aren't worth a lot of money now?! That's ridiculous. Portal lasts what, 2 hours. Portal 2 lasts about 8, which is at the same level you're putting OOT3D. Admittedly, Portal was cheap because it came included on the orange box and Portal 2 is admittedly new and has multiplayer, but how much did you pay for OOT on release day again? Because the game isn't a completely new experience it's not worth as much seems to be what you're saying, which I find utterly ludicrous. A game doesn't have to be innovative, or revolutionary, or hell even new to be good. If it's fun, it's good. OOT3D is fun. Point moot.

Also you seem to be under the impression everybody in the gaming community has played OOT before, which is very ignorant.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
warmijwilfaain said:
Nathan Drake said:

Paying $40 for a 3D remake of a released to death game seems unreasonable at best.
Are you talking about on paper or your actual experience with OOT3D?

Because maybe on paper it doesn't seem to be worth the amount, but believe me after playing and completing and falling in love with the game over and over again, which is superior to the original in every way, it really was worth the money I shelled out for it. Your comment about the 3D not being used much seems a little inaccurate. Figures please to show that most people can't or won't use it? I know there'll be a few but I suspect they're in the minority, unless you've got an actual figure, lol.

So short games aren't worth a lot of money now?! That's ridiculous. Portal lasts what, 2 hours. Portal 2 lasts about 8, which is at the same level you're putting OOT3D. Admittedly, Portal was cheap because it came included on the orange box and Portal 2 is admittedly new and has multiplayer, but how much did you pay for OOT on release day again? Because the game isn't a completely new experience it's not worth as much seems to be what you're saying, which I find utterly ludicrous. A game doesn't have to be innovative, or revolutionary, or hell even new to be good. If it's fun, it's good. OOT3D is fun. Point moot.

Also you seem to be under the impression everybody in the gaming community has played OOT before, which is very ignorant.

As much as I love your flaming "lol i c no figures," I think I'll just let this one ride. You will, inevitably, not shut up about it, and I would rather stop before I get bored.

Good day to you, not so kind sir.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm one of those people of the 1 M and enjoying it very much. Lately working on Master Quest.

Isn't two days (8 hours per day) cutting it short for a 100%?

Tho I multitask games and don't rush them, so I guess not.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
KingVamp said:
I'm one of those people of the 1 M and enjoying it very much. Lately working on Master Quest.

Isn't two days (8 hours per day) cutting it short for a 100%?

Tho I multitask games and don't rush them, so I guess not.

Not many will go for the 100%, and those who have played the game before likely made short work of the heart pieces plus maybe a little help with the skulltulas (100 locations can be hard to remember). 8 hours is actually being fairly generous for the main quest plus heart pieces and skulltulas unless it is your first time playing with no help. Even then, I wouldn't tack on more then one or two hours unless you really sucked at the game. That 100% list is ridiculous though. Anybody going for that is trying desperately to keep the game worthwhile imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    +1
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Economy was better under Trump, according to Fox News.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I don't give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if your shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    A Far Right news service company
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I give a fuck about what happens to America but I would like it if our shit didn't spill out on the rest of the world, thank you.
    +2
    @Veho, didn't need any news. Just going to the store and buying groceries is a constant reminder.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A reminder that all corporations reported record profits these last few years?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Reminded that every single price gouging law was blocked by republicans because "muh gubmint overreach"?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Won't somebody please think of the corporations?!?!
    The problem with X party blocked X bill that would have prevented X is that yes the bill probably would have worked great, buuuttt they put XYZDCBG in said bill as an attempt to sneak things in that tend to be completely unrelated to the original bills intent. It sucks because if they would just do a single thing they could probably get something done...
    But congressman X needs to have government funding for his cousins unicycle business
    It's a sad state of affairs
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/8H9FDbq.jpg