Tears of the Kingdom is both the fastest-selling Zelda game and fastest-selling Nintendo game of all time

gjfidgd.png

In less than a week since the game launched The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is crushing records. The game sold a massive 10 million copies worldwide, making it the fastest-selling Zelda game ever, as well as the fastest selling Nintendo Switch title, on top of being the fastest-selling game in Nintendo history, at least in The Americas. For reference, the game's predecessor, Breath of the Wild, is currently sitting at 30 million copies sold in its lifetime, meaning Tears of the Kingdom has sold a third of the amount in just 6 days.

:arrow: Source

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
He's poking at the title of the post. Logically, all Zelda games are Nintendo games (except crypt of the necrodancer?). So if a Zelda game becomes Nintendo's fastest selling game, then it is automatically the fastest selling Zelda game. It's almost a redundant title.

The Mario Bros. movie is the most profitable Nintendo movie. It's also the most profitable Mario movie.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, the TotK special edition is pretty bad.
Yes, it doesn't look very good at all.

ab7af3c4-cc48-47c6-a1a4-76cb9ed5be13.eca583f6f756184647733f008ac4005b.jpeg

The tablet is just black, it's not gold-colored. Same goes for the Joy-Con controller attachment.

That's why I ended up not buying it because it's nothing special (to me).

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
it's basically botw DLC and running at a shitty pathetic 20 FPS most of the time the switch can't even play it's own AAA game properly. yet it's still the fastest selling game of all time. just goes to show you how mindless nintendo simps are
the game runs perfect 30 fps 99% of the time what are you smoking? it only drops frames when you are using ultra hand to build stuff, any other time is rock solid 30 fps watch digital foundry video if you dont believe.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game runs perfect 30 fps 99% of the time what are you smoking? it only drops frames when you are using ultra hand to build stuff, any other time is rock solid 30 fps watch digital foundry video if you dont believe.
You could say "It runs at a stable/consistent 30 fps" but perfect 30 fps? There's nothing perfect about 30 fps. lol

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... I dunno, the TotK special edition is pretty bad. I would just buy the regular game :D
I also can't remember console bundles including special editions. Did that happen? Don't you usually just get the normal game and have to seek out the special edition, basically buying the game twice?
And I don't think people who buy the limited edition console would skip the game it's themed after, but probably have the game already preordered. Oh, wait... They revealed the console at the same time as the game didn't they? I forgot, but if they did, forget what I said ^^
And my point about Japanese preorders... Yeah, can't defend that, since I forgot what exactly the reason was for not including the game. And I even forgot where I read about that, so I can't check it.

I guess I'm not mad about special edition consoles not including the games, because I won't buy them anyway, since I'll likely never not already own a standard edition. And especially the Switch designs have been pretty lacking. I mean the SSBU Joy Cons just got some Tipp-Ex (aka correction tape) on them. Outstanding ^^
It's simple, you fall in love with the game, you go buy the special edition console. ( save money not buying the game one more time, thank you Nintendo )

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The tablet is just black, it's not gold-colored. Same goes for the Joy-Con controller attachment.

I bought it and like the look better after a while. Agree that the controller holder would be nicer if it isn't generic.

CharlesDeGaulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yall will wine and cry about dang near any gane no matter how good it is I hate this community, just a bunch of babies.
Please, do not take it like that.
If you are here, you are more open minded than the average schmuck.

I personally do not underestimate the game qualities, I lament the wasted potential of this serie in the light of its previous achievements.

Why are talented and creative people cast aside while "protégés" are put in charge ?
Tezuka is Zelda 1/3/LA/OOT, Miyamoto is Zelda 2 (at least concept wise), Aonuma and Fuyibayashi are anything since MM.

My guess is profit over fun.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's poking at the title of the post. Logically, all Zelda games are Nintendo games (except crypt of the necrodancer?). So if a Zelda game becomes Nintendo's fastest selling game, then it is automatically the fastest selling Zelda game. It's almost a redundant title.

The Mario Bros. movie is the most profitable Nintendo movie. It's also the most profitable Mario movie.
How is it redundant? maybe it's a language thing, but you can be fastest selling zelda game and not be fastest selling N game because a Mario has that honor or whatever.

It is only redundant if the premise is that you present the info such as "Zelda totk becomes fastest selling N game and btw that also makes it the fastest selling Z game"

The order of presentation matters, those are my 2 cents.

seseiSeki

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Oh, by "TotK special edition" I was talking about the special edition of the game, not the limited edition console.
But yeah, I'm also not the greatest fan of this design. The dbrand version with the hexagons instead of the circles looks pretty cool though, especially since the designs go around the Joy Con and not just end a kilometer before the curve starts. But that Illuminati triangle... Could be cooler :D
https://dbrand.com/shop/special-edition/clone-of-the-kingdom

Reactions: Marc_LFD

smashbro596

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In less than a week since the game launched The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is crushing records. The game sold a massive 10 million copies worldwide, making it the fastest-selling Zelda game ever, as well as the fastest selling Nintendo Switch title, on top of being the fastest-selling game in Nintendo history, at least in The Americas. For reference, the game's predecessor, Breath of the Wild, is currently sitting at 30 million copies sold in its lifetime, meaning Tears of the Kingdom has sold a third of the amount in just 6 days.

:arrow: Source
for all the problems nintendo has in recent years, there is one reason why im still a fan: when they hit, they NAIL it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hm... I dunno, the TotK special edition is pretty bad. I would just buy the regular game :D
I also can't remember console bundles including special editions. Did that happen? Don't you usually just get the normal game and have to seek out the special edition, basically buying the game twice?
And I don't think people who buy the limited edition console would skip the game it's themed after, but probably have the game already preordered. Oh, wait... They revealed the console at the same time as the game didn't they? I forgot, but if they did, forget what I said ^^
And my point about Japanese preorders... Yeah, can't defend that, since I forgot what exactly the reason was for not including the game. And I even forgot where I read about that, so I can't check it.

I guess I'm not mad about special edition consoles not including the games, because I won't buy them anyway, since I'll likely never not already own a standard edition. And especially the Switch designs have been pretty lacking. I mean the SSBU Joy Cons just got some Tipp-Ex (aka correction tape) on them. Outstanding ^^
In the case of the TOTK Special it actually released a month ahead of the game. I remember post after post of disappointed customers who thought they’d be able to play the game a little earlier if they shelled out a little extra dough, only realising that it doesn’t include the game after examining their purchase more closely. To me it’s weird - the console is already slightly more expensive than the regular unit, it would be nice to get a little extra thrown in there, it would still count towards sales of the game regardless and you’d have an incentive to pay a premium for what is effectively a paint job on a regular Switch. This is strictly a Nintendo thing - my Halo Series X came with Halo, that’s a given as far as I’m concerned. All of the LE versions of the PS4 came pre-packaged with the game they were themed after as well, as far as I know. Even the Monster Hunter Switch, a third-party LE, came with the game, so why does Nintendo not do the same? It’s very odd.

Reactions: Xzi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand these games, but are the seeds I've heard about like the power moons in odyssey, where they're everywhere?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, kind of, sure. It has the advantage of not being held back by a previous generation release, but otherwise it builds upon the foundation of BOTW, I don’t think that’s controversial to say.
This.

I'm just disappointed with TotK because I *expected* a brand new Zelda game experience than a BotW2 more or less.

BotW for me was superb so more of the same is not a bad thing, it's just that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Currently asked for mecha mote iinchou mm my best friend to be translated but I also want to ask...