Octopath Traveler gets rating for a PC version in Korea

91ZWS8cdKPL.jpg

Second to only the Australian Ratings Board in terms of leaking major news, the Game Rating and Administration Committee of Korea has listed a new and interesting potential PC port. The currently Nintendo Switch exclusive JRPG, Octopath Traveler, has appeared on the country's ratings board, with the listing specifying it being for a PC version. Bandai Namco is noted as being the publisher, rather than Square Enix, which is a common occurrence in Korea. While this is not a guarantee that the game will make its way to the PC platform, previous ratings wound up revealing Sunset Overdrive's PC port and the Nintendo Switch version of Fortnite prior to any official announcement.

:arrow: Source

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
People are okay with games like Persona 5 being exclusive, but oh no, when it comes to Switch games losing exclusivity, people are all over it. Never change.

I think the anger comes from the game being released on PC in korea aka "We will pirate that game quite fast yo" because is Korea.

Last edited by raxadian,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant koreans will pirate the game so other Koreans won't have to buy it.

Bunch of cheapskates. They can afford a PC but not money to buy modern games. I have no qualms about pirating older games because no one makes money off of them, but new games is, IDK, different. I hope they do add Denuvo for this game, then.

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That's harder to do what you think. But then again maybe there will be a hidden English translation or something.
I'm aware that it's hard but considering that there are fan projects that port scripts trans-console all the time, I would be surprised if it didn't happen here.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
People are okay with games like Persona 5 being exclusive, but oh no, when it comes to Switch games losing exclusivity, people are all over it. Never change.
isn't the other way around?? everyone is begging for persona 5 on switch, but no one ever talk about bringing mario or zelda to other platforms (emulation doesn't count for obvious reasons).
remember, it's only ok when nintendo does it. if nintendo loses and exclusive the world starts to end.

I don't know if I should care, what I've seen of this game has put me to sleep, the only thing that I like is the so called "HD 2D" and even there they got carried away and ruined it all with excessive bloom and other post-process effects.
If a pc mod that eliminates of greatly reduces those effects comes out, then I could give it a try.

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd love to see another game done in this style. This time, with one long and involved plot. I actually really liked the small vignettes the game's narrative was comprised of, but I was disappointed to learn that each character did not meaningfully interact with one another, or contribute to each other's stories. It felt exhausting after a while, since the pattern of each story chunk was very predictable. A bit of narrative, then a dungeon with a boss at the end. Now, most JRPGs follow this pattern, but it's all about masking the structure from the player.

Despite that, I did like the gameplay very much. It felt strategic enough, and gave a lot of space for players to make decisions about their combat strategy, and take certain calculated risks. I would love to see it iterated upon for perhaps a follow-up entry. The art style was also very cool, and it felt like tilt-shift photography, like I was looking at a little pocket diorama of the world, like one of those pop-up books. Would love to see this style iterated upon, too.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isn't the other way around?? everyone is begging for persona 5 on switch, but no one ever talk about bringing mario or zelda to other platforms (emulation doesn't count for obvious reasons).
remember, it's only ok when nintendo does it. if nintendo loses and exclusive the world starts to end.

I don't know if I should care, what I've seen of this game has put me to sleep, the only thing that I like is the so called "HD 2D" and even there they got carried away and ruined it all with excessive bloom and other post-process effects.
If a pc mod that eliminates of greatly reduces those effects comes out, then I could give it a try.

Meh, couldn't care less about this being on PC.

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd love to see another game done in this style. This time, with one long and involved plot. I actually really liked the small vignettes the game's narrative was comprised of, but I was disappointed to learn that each character did not meaningfully interact with one another, or contribute to each other's stories. It felt exhausting after a while, since the pattern of each story chunk was very predictable. A bit of narrative, then a dungeon with a boss at the end. Now, most JRPGs follow this pattern, but it's all about masking the structure from the player.

Despite that, I did like the gameplay very much. It felt strategic enough, and gave a lot of space for players to make decisions about their combat strategy, and take certain calculated risks. I would love to see it iterated upon for perhaps a follow-up entry. The art style was also very cool, and it felt like tilt-shift photography, like I was looking at a little pocket diorama of the world, like one of those pop-up books. Would love to see this style iterated upon, too.
Paper Mario, then.

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the lighting is (I think it's called bloom) is really heavy and blurs out any "sharpness" there is. Even upscaled there wouldn't be much difference. I can't even differentiate between docked and handheld
Could probably use something like ReShade if need be

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: power banks are pointless