XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Pretty sure you didn't understand my post lol

القصد ان قبل تعديل المقال كنت متحسف على اني سويت أبديت من ٤.٠٦ ل٤.٠٧
اما الحين ما تفرق لان ما كان ينطبق علي في كل الأحوال

Get it? :)
oh, sorry for the letdown.
i am sure someone, some time will release something for 4.07, SOON ™.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

google translate says this:

The intention was that before modifying the article I was confused that I was shown from 4.06 to 4.07 But now it is divided because what applies to me in all cases
is this correct?
lol, no need for this :rofl2:

i can read arabic perfectly.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don’t see anything for end-users, so title is misleading.
do you you know who is team fail0verflow is?

3DS hacks started like this, after week or two we started to see homebrews.

Reactions: Madridi

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, 4.05 and below, not 4.06.
That at least makes the fact that I'm on 4.07 a little easier to accept.

Also, it's not a release, just a write up afaik. I understand that it'll lead to a release by someone, but that doesnt make this a release :P

Last edited by Shadowfied,
Reactions: iAqua and Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
oh, sorry for the letdown.
i am sure someone, some time will release something for 4.07, SOON ™.
I do have my original launch PS4 on 1.5x .. so I can update that if needed.

It's just that I purposely kept my pro on a low fw expecting to see the next kernel exploit including 4.07 in the mix. Disappointed, sure.. I'm just happy the scene is finally seeing something though

Reactions: aos10

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tl;dr does it allow backups and what is the latest ps4 FW version , i still never bought one, is it too late to find on 4.05?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
tl;dr does it allow backups and what is the latest ps4 FW version , i still never bought one, is it too late to find on 4.05?
Nothing is released yet, so for now, no. This does mean that someone will make and release a public use of the exploit, and that will in turn lead to loading backups.
Current latest FW is 5.00.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing is released yet, so for now, no. This does mean that someone will make and release a public use of the exploit, and that will in turn lead to loading backups.
Current latest FW is 5.00.
i saw something here last week about a backup method working on ps4, which FW was it for? was there one at least shown if not release for FW higher than 1.76? will it be hard to find a ps4 on 4.05 or below right now?

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
i saw something here last week about a backup method working on ps4, which FW was it for? was there one at least shown if not release for FW higher than 1.76? will it be hard to find a ps4 on 4.05 or below right now?
It's currently possible for 1.76 and below (or just below 1.76, not sure tbh) - I have no idea what version the consoles in store are at right now.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A step in the right direction!
Sadly I'm on 4.73, but I read somewhere that there's a kernel + browser exploit on that FW, so I will stay there until a (possible) release :P

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Yes I know who they are. Title is still misleading as they haven’t released anything ready for use.
I don't see how the title is misleading. The kernel exploit was released, just like the title says.
Tools that take advantage of the kernel exploit is not, nor has it been mentioned or insinuated in the title.

Reactions: DayVeeBoi

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't see how the title is misleading. The kernel exploit was released, just like the title says.
Tools that take advantage of the kernel exploit is not, nor has it been mentioned or insinuated in the title.
How do you "release an exploit" without using it though? Doesn't that imply that you use the exploit? They just did a write up and documented how it works.

To make a stupid (but legit) comparison, if Sony were to release ONLY the instruction booklet to the PS5, that doesn't mean they released the PS5.

I think Wololo titled it better; "PS4 Kernel exploit for firmware 4.05 and below, fully detailed by team Fail0verflow"

Last edited by Shadowfied,

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

Even if you got a 4.05, some game afaik already won't run on it. Currently to play all games to date requires 4.07. So a 1.76 PS4 backup loading feature now actually does not do much, you probably can just snag them all 2nd and dirt cheap.

New releases will requires new firmwares, that's how Sony does things.

Reactions: weatMod

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
flat_z was showing off playing backups, but said he can't share the kernel hack because it wasn't his.
this thing released today is basically the instructions of what needs to be done to make the exploit.
so, people who are able can use it/release their exploit that already uses this method, then maybe flat_z will share some more information/tools/patches etc :)

Reactions: weatMod

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
How do you "release an exploit" without using it though? Doesn't that imply that you use the exploit? They just did a write up and documented how it works.

To make a stupid (but legit) comparison, if Sony were to release ONLY the instruction booklet to the PS5, that doesn't mean they released the PS5.
Releasing in the context of the scene makes sense since all devs are "holding out" on their exploits. They released theirs. So it's a fair use of the word.

As for the comparison, it's slightly off. It's more of an instruction booklet of how to build a PS5. What the community decides to do with the instructions is up to them (similarly to what they decide to do with the exploit)

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

As someone doing related work but not for consoles, I'd say that the article contains enough info for security researchers, whom were actually being able to take advantage of.

He use exploits to load Linux, not backup games. He doesn't have to release any end-user level thing. It's way better than those f**king tweet twats that post screenshots.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When you write something being released in the homebrew scene, it means that something ready for use has been released, like a zip file containing an installer like they did with the first Wii exploit. They have only released a documentation how they discovered the exploit and how it works. Title is misleading.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
When you write something being released in the homebrew scene, it means that something ready for use has been released, like a zip file containing an installer like they did with the first Wii exploit. They have only released a documentation how they discovered the exploit and how it works. Title is misleading.
yeah you're right.
i expect within two weeks we'll have a true release/site up and running that uses it though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9