Official "Missing features" thread: we'll bring them back for you!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I like the post color alternation, I think it works just fine (others may prefer the bar).

As far as "what's new?" and the thread lists, could the number of pages be visible always instead of just on hover? It's an easy way to tell if a thread is new or not, or popular or not.

Reactions: Wizerzak

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
The DS, Xbox, and PS icons on the banner aren't clickable.

And I'm also one of those who wants the borders to return. The divisions between the posts were so nice on the old layout, now it looks like every post is put on a blank piece of paper not only is it disorienting but it becomes pretty eye straining after a while due to all the white. It seems like a lot of people feel this way, hopefully something will be done in the future. If it's not too much to ask for I would like the forums to look as close to the old one as possible :wub:
It will definitely be interesting to see the temp slowly getting polished with new and returning features.

Unrelated: My avatar is 100x100 but it's still blurred, does anyone know how I can fix this?

Edit: Wait a minute, the post are alternating in colors ever so slightly, I had to lower my contrast to notice it. Still not digging it though.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It appears that animated Gifs are broken but that could just be a problem on my end since I don't see anyone else mentioning it.

Also I do kind of miss the medals.

Reactions: Wizerzak

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The search is better as you promised it would be on IRC and I am glad to see the back of the somewhat broken "view member's topics, view member's posts" however for mere shortcuts I did get used to the forum "filters"- if ever I remembered posting in a thread and thought it would be useful to the current thread I was posting in I would flick back to the forum, click "all threads I replied in" (or indeed all threads I started) and in a few seconds it would appear. That said the new search box is more than capable of doing something similar.

Also topic tags as they were really good for longer running features and did kind of work, but I mentioned those elsewhere.

I wouldn't mind a text editor that did not keep formatting either- on IPB I dropped the fancy text editor for the "simpler" one and it went great.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind a text editor that did not keep formatting either- on IPB I dropped the fancy text editor for the "simpler" one and it went great.
If you mean a plaintext editor (standard browser's text box), there's a profile setting for it now, somewhere.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not exactly a missing feature, but the page numbers are less contrasting now, so they almost seem to go unnoticed for me.

And now birthdates can't be adjusted. Not just that, but it's changed the year on mine so it thinks I'm only 112.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Despite about a hour of methodical "what does this button do?" earlier today I had somehow missed the "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages" option in http://gbatemp.net/account/preferences
I guess it is time to get ready to hand my "likes to pull things apart" club membership badge back in.

Edit- it seems to remove the keyboard functionality for adding bold and such like (opening my bookmarks instead) unlike the old one.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not exactly a missing feature, but the page numbers are less contrasting now, so they almost seem to go unnoticed for me.

And now birthdates can't be adjusted. Not just that, but it's changed the year on mine so it thinks I'm only 112.
Same, page numbers are less visibile.

Also, is there a possibility we might see the return of the tags, which you could use to make your topic much easier to find? I just needed to search a specific Tempcast episode, and I noticed the tags weren't in their usual spot anymore!

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The number of profile views you have is missing, correct me if I'm wrong.
You can't see who's viewing the thread anymore.
Missing the subforum icons in the recent posts section on the main page.
First will probably not be added back.
Second one may be added, but it won't be soon.
Recent topics main page block will be added back.

Oh, also some way of knowing if the thread contains unread messages or not. Similar to the opened envelope (with a black dot if you've posted) on the previous site.
Topics with unread messages should be bold.

I miss the Tapatalk plugin.
Does it come back, or is Tapatalk not supported on this new forum??

Greetings, Rik
Tapatalk will be installed later on.

I'd like the ability to filter out certain forums in the Unread Posts section. Pretty much all I read is the Off Topic, Wii, and 3DS sections.
Will be considered.

Not really a bug or missing feature, but i notice that the tab icon is still the V2 Tempy icon. Is there any plan to update him to the new sleek Tempy?

Not really important either haha
The icon won't be changed ;)

Wiki pages are missing.
Wiki will be added back later.

Blogs give me an error.
Blogs will be imported later.

Reactions: Eerpow and Satangel

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No dark theme, unless I'm missing it somewhere.

MY EYES!!! OMG MY POOR VIRGIN EYES! THE LIGHT BURNNNNNSSSSSSSS

This so hard.
I can smell my eyeballs.

I shouldn't be able to smell my eyeballs while browsing the temp.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH it took me two seconds to make a new avatar for the 100x100 so I'm fine with the current limits.

The ignore feature seems a little less than functional. No option to view ignored posts, no ignored shouts in the shoutbox, just not as polished as the GBAtemp ignore function.

Also was there always a character limit on status updates? Now it's like Twitter.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on my phone ATM, so the most obvious missing feature is the lack of a mobile theme. As well, not sure if anyone has mentioned this before, but the tabs on the latest threads block is gone. Also, more a complaint than a missing feature, this new theme feels a bit clunky, and rushed, although you guys only had a week to work on it. What I'm saying is that it needs just a smidge more work, especially on the portal page.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The alerts for how many PMs I have unread won't go away unless I manually read each PM. Not a super inconvenience, but definitely different from IPB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
    +1
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
    +1
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
  • cearp @ cearp:
    It's nice to not have to have a lot of physical things though, saves space
    +1
    Nor clothes 🤮 . Saves on time, soap, water and money having to wash them. :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @rqkaiju2, Physical media is a great source for archiving your data, none of that cloud storage shiz.
    +1
    [squeezes @SylverReZ onto a physical media, then archives you in my old stuff box] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, should i change my pfp to one of these or keep it the same?
    iu

iu

(i guess i could change it to one of my other pfps too, but i just want to see what you guys think first)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Up to you.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    smug sonic time lmao
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: smug sonic time lmao +1