Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is this book getting a western release?
unlikely
I would say that there is a decent chance of an English release, due to the fact that Zelda games traditionally have a higher user base in western countries as compared to Japan. Not saying that its 100% guaranteed, but I think there is a far chance of it happening.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I think it'd be better if Nintendo let people make their own timelines or even keep The Legend of Zelda series as a bunch of Different Legends and Myths, sort of like Final Fantasy. To me it seems that some of the magic that Zelda has would be taken away if it's official continuity or timeline was to be released like this.

But hey that's just me.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
only the timeline of the current games will be revealed though i'm sure there will be plenty more games that will confuse everyone where they fit in it :P

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that the timeline they will reveal includes every zelda game... but looking to the content page, it seems they will only place the major games (SS, OoT, ALttP, TP, and WW)

D

Deleted_171835

xAHlr.jpg
http://zeldatimeline.com/

This timeline makes the most sense. Interested in seeing the official one, though.

Reactions: 2 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
This looks really interesting.

It implies that WW is not some alternate timeline, and that seems pretty damn interesting.
It was confirmed awhile ago that the split timeline theory is completely accurate. I believe it was around the time of TP's release that it was completely confirmed, though, the release of Wind Waker had a comment about there being two endings to OoT, the child and adult timelines.

Edit: I'm not sure how they'll handle the MM part of the timeline. Perhaps they'll just mention the disappearance of Link and not go further into it than that.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This looks really interesting.

It implies that WW is not some alternate timeline, and that seems pretty damn interesting.
It was confirmed awhile ago that the split timeline theory is completely accurate. I believe it was around the time of TP's release that it was completely confirmed, though, the release of Wind Waker had a comment about there being two endings to OoT, the child and adult timelines.

Edit: I'm not sure how they'll handle the MM part of the timeline. Perhaps they'll just mention the disappearance of Link and not go further into it than that.
in 2002
Interviewer: Where does The Wind Waker fit into the overall Zelda series timeline?
Aonuma: You can think of this game as taking place over a hundred years after Ocarina of Time. You can tell this from the opening story, and there are references to things from Ocarina located throughout the game as well.
Miyamoto: Well, wait, which point does the hundred years start from?
Aonuma: From the end.
Miyamoto: No, I mean, as a child or as a...
Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.
Miyamoto: This is pretty confusing for us, too. (laughs) So be careful.
I love how he says "so be careful"

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
With all of this so far, imagine how carefully they have to design each game so that the beginning and ending flows with two other titles, and that the inner content matches the time period that is in between those two titles. Though, deciding what goes into the adult timeline and what goes into the child timeline was apparently easy enough. Honestly, I hope they just end the adult timeline where it is and keep going with the child timeline. The adult timeline has been more than a bit disappointing post-WW.

Centrix

Stop Poking the Moogle!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo knows what there doing when it comes to the Zelda series as a whole, granted they've been stingy with releasing the time line until now, but I'm willing to bet its a straight forward timeline and we just over looked stuff that connects them all and what, just guessing!

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Look at what soulx posted. Somebody didn't overlook anything and put a solid timeline together. They reenforce their findings with fact, and in all, I'd have a hard time seeing it as being a lot different than that.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, I can't wait to see if this heap of BS actually HAS a storyline
It has different storylines. Storylines and timelines are different. Does it have a timeline though? I don't know. Tbh, releasing the timeline should be... interesting. i would LOVE to see the reactions of the fans.

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
xAHlr.jpg
http://zeldatimeline.com/

This timeline makes the most sense. Interested in seeing the official one, though.
It doesn't make perfect sense, however.

It's outdated. There's no mention of Skyward Sword at all, meaning this was created before the release of that game. Just adding in Skyward Sword might break apart one half of the entire timeline.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Skyward Sword takes place before the timeline split. As it stands, it is the only title to do so, being confirmed as the newest first title in the series. It's place is well known. The individual justified their placement of Seasons and Ages, which is all that matters right now. If the two titles prove interchangeable in their placement within the timeline, we'll eventually know. With the information given, their placement makes the most sense.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I...