Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
IMG_2358-1536x1025.png
https://allmiibo.com/

this thing is neat. it lets you use any amiibo, and can even randomize an amiibo so you can spam the same one multiple times in a day. I got a (possibly knockoff) one off Aliexpress for like $20 and it came with all amiibos preloaded.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been seeing these for a while now.

While cool to see, it looks very cheaply built. Dot matrix screen? That screams of being cheaply made. The least they could've done is OLED. No backlight either on most, either. I've seen one or two backlight models, but it looked like they just shoved a bunch of LEDs in for a small premium and called it a day.

logandzwon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

While cool to see, it looks very cheaply built. Dot matrix screen? That screams of being cheaply made. The least they could've done is OLED. No backlight either on most, either. I've seen one or two backlight models, but it looked like they just shoved a bunch of LEDs in for a small premium and called it a day.
The Pixl Pro OLED version has OLED.

blashy101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are actually not bad, I got one on Temu since it was like, 4 bucks or whatever. I still prefer emuiibo cause I'm typically playing games with a DualShock 4 and can't exactly pop an amiibo on one of those lol

kiyafox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just use emuiibo, and the tesla menu and emuiibo overlay. use emutool on the emuiibo github to create your chosen amiibo files and put them on switch and u can use the emuiibo overlay in game to use any amiibo you want and the latest version has a thing to let you spam an amiibo
Post automatically merged:

just use emuiibo, and the tesla menu and emuiibo overlay. use emutool on the emuiibo github to create your chosen amiibo files and put them on switch and u can use the emuiibo overlay in game to use any amiibo you want and the latest version has a thing to let you spam an amiibo
all you need is a pc and a switch with atmosphere

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great, yet more random Chinese e-waste when the same can be done with a phone can do it or even straight from your modded switch device...
Iirc you need a rooted phone which is not easy to do or acquire at least in the US. Most Android devices here have locked bootloaders

for retial systems this is arguably the least wasteful method. Idk about you but I think all the “amiibo cards” or just the NFC stickers are a much bigger waste

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Iirc you need a rooted phone which is not easy to do or acquire at least in the US. Most Android devices here have locked bootloaders

for retial systems this is arguably the least wasteful method. Idk about you but I think all the “amiibo cards” or just the NFC stickers are a much bigger waste
Most phones allow you to unlock the bootloader. Carrier provided Samsung phones in US seem to be an exception to this as the carriers lock down the bootloader unlock feature (but this should not be the case for most other brands)
Post automatically merged:

For battery life, this is actually preferrable. Basic black and white LCDs (what we would these days consider e-paper) are the most efficient (not counting e-ink screens, which are not available in this size I think)
I would expect very good battery life from this, especially considering you only need to use it for a few seconds at a time. And that's an important feature, because you're not likely to remember charging something like this regularly.
It's the same sort of display that was used in the original Pebble and I never had trouble seeing the screen on that.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Most phones allow you to unlock the bootloader. Carrier provided Samsung phones in US seem to be an exception to this as the carriers lock down the bootloader unlock feature (but this should not be the case for most other brands)

Not really, only the Motorola from what I have found and even then you have to deal with all the apps that use various root detection methods some of which can't be bypassed and others are a royal pain in the ass to do so. For example having to switch between Magisk Alpha, Delta, or something else and trying to keep up to date with the various stealth modules is not something most people are able to do. Even hacking a Switch and keeping the hacks up to date is trivial compared to that.

Not to mention all of that will fail as soon as things start requiring full TEE support because those solutions all work by simulating a phone with a broken TEE implementation thus forcing a fallback to software methods. Which means having to buy a second phone just to use those apps or just to use the amiibo emulation software (whichever you prefer). So to summarize, even if you are lucky enough to have a phone with an unlockable bootloader, are willing to lose all your data that can't be backed up via adb/cloud backup, and know how to circumvent all the root/play integrity api checks you are still going to eventually have to carry around two phones.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hey, now, I enjoy using the stickers with thenaya to make amiibos. It’s the only use I get out of my 3ds nowadays :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol