Oh hey there's a better Amiibo emulator out now - the Allmiibo

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most phones allow you to unlock the bootloader. Carrier provided Samsung phones in US seem to be an exception to this as the carriers lock down the bootloader unlock feature (but this should not be the case for most other brands)
Post automatically merged:

For battery life, this is actually preferrable. Basic black and white LCDs (what we would these days consider e-paper) are the most efficient (not counting e-ink screens, which are not available in this size I think)
I would expect very good battery life from this, especially considering you only need to use it for a few seconds at a time. And that's an important feature, because you're not likely to remember charging something like this regularly.
It's the same sort of display that was used in the original Pebble and I never had trouble seeing the screen on that.
Most phones in the US “should” allow you but that’s carrier dependent. Much like getting your device unlocked to use with a different carrier.

I’ve had multiple times where the company swore up and down they unlocked the device for months and the device never got unlocked. So while it should be possible it’s not very easy or doable in most cases

Noizetank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one of these, was given to me by a work colleague who knows I like Nintendo etc and they paid about £2 for it lol.

It's ok and does the job well. But there are far better solutions out there. I use it on my unmodified switch and it works fine.
Not entirely sure how to update it when new amiibos are released but I'm sure il figure it out.

Futurdreamz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The website OP linked seems to have info on how to add new stuff to it via bluetooth. What weirds me out about that site is that there's no links to purchase anything..
there seems to be many available on Aliexpress so there's probably no point in a dedicated store that can be costly to run and becomes a paper trail for nintendo lawyers to hunt down with

Reactions: StrayGuitarist

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use a Flask from Bluuplabs. Holds 85 tags. 3 face buttons. Swappable faceplate. Web/ios/android app. Bluetooth. You can randomize the uid to scan the same amiibo over and over to get the unlocks fast. Nice unit. Mine is transparent.

Attachments

• 20230930_211909.jpg
    20230930_211909.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • 20230930_211856.jpg
    20230930_211856.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
  • 20230930_212257.jpg
    20230930_212257.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 41

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use a Flask from Bluuplabs. Holds 85 tags. 3 face buttons. Swappable faceplate. Web/ios/android app. Bluetooth. You can randomize the uid to scan the same amiibo over and over to get the unlocks fast. Nice unit. Mine is transparent.
Very nice. :)

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just buy a few NFC 215 tags (you really only need one, but you can get 10 for less than $5 on Amazon).

Then use TagMo to write Amiibo .bin files to the tags (assuming your phone has NFC capabilities, typically used for emulating your credit card for contactless payment)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hiddenramblings.tagmo.eightbit&hl=en_US&gl=US

You can easily check if your Android device has NFC capabilities by going into Settings, and searching "NFC" in the settings search bar.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

AwesomeAV

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I've been seeing these for a while now.

While cool to see, it looks very cheaply built. Dot matrix screen? That screams of being cheaply made. The least they could've done is OLED. No backlight either on most, either. I've seen one or two backlight models, but it looked like they just shoved a bunch of LEDs in for a small premium and called it a day.
Not arguing here.. yes, it's slightly expensive as compared to card type alternative ones but way cheaper than the one i purchased - amiiqo puck. Ngl, dot matrix screen is better than having to open an app to change my amiiqo's amiibo character or looking for a pile of cards for a specific amiibo.

mikefor20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not arguing here.. yes, it's slightly expensive as compared to card type alternative ones but way cheaper than the one i purchased - amiiqo puck. Ngl, dot matrix screen is better than having to open an app to change my amiiqo's amiibo character or looking for a pile of cards for a specific amiibo.

https://www.bluuplabs.com/

They have 2 models. I use the flask.
$90 ish depending. It has an OLED screen. Uses web/ios and droid apps. Has most functions available through the face buttons. And it can cycle the id for repetitive scanning. There is a small cheaper screenless model called the Slide too. Faceplates. Rechargeable via USB C. I love it. I could do a review....

Reactions: SylverReZ

edale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But can you add new Amiibo .bins to it, or do you have to buy a new unit later when you need a newer Amiibo for something?

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But can you add new Amiibo .bins to it, or do you have to buy a new unit later when you need a newer Amiibo for something?
Its a emulator you put a bunch of bin files via Bluetooth and the using the integrated lcd screen and buttons you select which one emulates, even you can activate random UID so you can use multiple times the same amiibo in a game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...