Hacking Ok to shut lid when installing .cias via FBI?

Eyothrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks in advance for the help!

Yesterday I followed the latest 3DS.hacks.guide and added the Luma3ds CFW on my stock 3DS (on 11.9), and everything went super smooth :)

I’m now in the process of installing about 30 .cia games on a 64gb microSD via FBI and would like to bulk install them via FBI.

I figured out how to do this in FBI, but my question is, can I shut the lid to put the 3DS in sleep mode as FBI installs these .cias?

I wanna avoid leaving both screens on for hours while these games are installing. Is this possible? I’ve read that running any cfw app in sleep mode is a no-no, but im not sure if this advice was out of date since my system has been freshly hacked with the latest Luma cfw using the latest method (frogminer)

Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by Eyothrie,
Reactions: QuazaRayy

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
IIRC, it will just go to sleep and continue the installation once it wakes up. Can be totally wrong as I never paid attention to this stuff.
Also, those screens are LCDs so you don't really have to worry about them.

CoolStarDood

Trophies
Everywhere and nowwhere at the same time o__0
XP
Country
United States

Yesterday I followed the latest 3DS.hacks.guide and added the Luma3ds CFW on my stock 3DS (on 11.9), and everything went super smooth :)

I’m now in the process of installing about 30 .cia games on a 64gb microSD via FBI and would like to bulk install them via FBI.

I figured out how to do this in FBI, but my question is, can I shut the lid to put the 3DS in sleep mode as FBI installs these .cias?

I wanna avoid leaving both screens on for hours while these games are installing. Is this possible? I’ve read that running any cfw app in sleep mode is a no-no, but im not sure if this advice was out of date since my system has been freshly hacked with the latest Luma cfw using the latest method (frogminer)

Any help is appreciated!
Sleep mode install is a thing, i flipped the sleep switch on my o2DS (same think a closing a normal 3ds), and it kept installing. nothing bad happened, just continued installing

Eyothrie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pressing Home will almost certainly bring up errdisp, making the whole process fail

Simply closing the lid, not pressing home, worked like a charm. Before bulk installing all of these .cia files, I transferred my existing content to a bigger 128gb microSD and then allowed FBI to install almost 100gb worth of .cias with the lid closed. No issues.

Bagel Le Stinky

the bagel bad smell
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
when i tried to put it on sleepmode while installing a game it gave an error and stopped the installation which really sucks because its taking really long to install

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Any help is appreciated!
IIRC FBI disables sleep mode, if you close the lid the backlight turns off, but nothing else changes. That's sadly how it has to be, since most things pause while in sleep mode, but it should be safe to close the lid.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P