Hacking Homebrew Okay, so I got the 2.6 FW PSP.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Yeah, thanks for the help guys. I just randomly decided to stick in my Liberty City Stories and then try it, and it worked just fine.

How do I turn auto UMB start off though? LIke rdurbin said, it's really annoying.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. So much better now :3

One other question though... is it possible to run PSP games from my COMPUTER on my PSP? That way they don't have to sit in my Memory Stick and waste space... that would be wonderful!

Dermy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Search for a program called USB ISO Loader v0.6. It is the latest version now. There is some setup that goes along with it but it is worth it.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Can someone explain to me how to use USB ISO loader? I don't understand the steps... I thought it allowed you to run PSP games off of your computer while your PSP is connected to it by USB?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone explain to me how to use USB ISO loader? I don't understand the steps... I thought it allowed you to run PSP games off of your computer while your PSP is connected to it by USB?

not sure on the name but I think its called usbhost or something. You need to run a program on both your psp and your computer. I believe there was also one that allows you to run games over your local internet, if you have wireless.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There a new release of 1.50 addon, was released today I think

QUOTE said:
Changes:

- TA086: when being in 4th brightness level and recovering from sleep mode, the display was black. Fixed.
- Added support in the 1.50 kernel for memory sticks greater than 4 GB. (I finally got my 8GB card!
biggrin.gif
)
  Before, only the first 4 GB portion was recognized by the 1.5 kernel.
  Now, the theroetical limit is 4GB*512 = 2 Terabytes. ("only" 1 TB, if sony were using signed variables).
I guess its only useful for people that have the new 8GB memory sticks. I am Guessing people that dont have the 1.50 add-on dont need this if they have 8GB memory sticks. Man, a 1 TB memory stick would sure be nice :-)

Warcueid: I remember the name of the programs, they are called usbhostfs and nethostfs. That other program you mentioned may be better tho.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
man, I still haven't figured out how to play ISOs off of my computer. This is much more complicated than I thought...

Quick question. How do I downgrade from 3.9m33 to previous m33 versions? I wanna go back down to 3.8 :[ Thanks!

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but to do this you will need Pandora, unless one of those downgraders will work. Just wondering why do you want to go to 3.80? Is there some compatibility issue?

I kinda gave up on the usb things too, I used it for a couple of days, than I just stopped using it. I just use 4 gb mem stick for games, there not too many good psp games out there, in my opinion. I usually just use it for emulators/homebrew and the psx games. I think I have like 3 psp games and luckily they are all small games :-)

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm trying to use USBhost with IRshell, but IRshell is only compatible with all versions of 3.8m33 and below. There is no 3.9m33 support. And besides, I have a phat, meaning 3.9 is exactly the same as 3.8.

I haven't found a downgrader yet, and I don't have a Pandora's Battery, so i think I'm screwed
frown.gif

And yeah, I definitely need to be able to load them from my computer. I have a BUNCH of PSP games I at least want to try out, and a lot more PSX games that I would love to replay. My 2G stick just doesn't cut it.
frown.gif

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah that sucks, I guess for now just hotswap the games until you can get Pandora or until they make an update to that irShell program. Also you can compress some games with an iso to cso converter. Remember tho some games do not like being compressed. PSX games can be compressed too. You also may want to stay away from the multipack psx games. For example you could have ff7 with all 3 disks, well that a big waste of space, cause generally you only use 1 disk at a time. For PSX games I have lunar disc 1, star ocean disc 1, ff7 disc 1, etc.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could wait, spend the time copying or deleting the games, or use the recovery? Never actually used the recovery so don't know for certain what it does...

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Well... I actually got pretty far. I am browsing my computer's files on my PSP. However, whenever I select a .cso, it just loads up whatever game I have in my UMD drive. (In this case, GTA). I've almost got it though, and I'm not gonna give up! >:3

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remembering there being a way to redirect your computers folder that holds all your isos to your memory stick. So basically when you do this, you just go to your memory stick under game, like normal, and it shows the contents on the files on your hard drive and not memory stick. Its some setting in irShell.

For your problem with cso, you could always try to uncompress it to an ISO and see what happens.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try to do a reboot, hold power button for at least 10 seconds and turn it back on. Also check to see if brightness got reset, mess with the brightness button. Also see if you can use your recovery menu, after rebooting like I said above, turn on your psp and hold R button

if you made it to recovery menu, choose advanced and choose format flash1 and reset settings. This saved me once. You will lose all your settings like user name, internet stuff, autoumd settings, etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, hey thats my line +1