Old 3ds bought in 2014 .. fully hacked & added custom firmware .. need help regarding micro sd card

rahulkalra9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

I explain my issue here

1) i have a fully hacked old 3ds bought in 2014 .. it has custom firmware using this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/ .. i followed from AtoZ .. all steps completed without any issues

2) Now the thing is i have an SD card which is only 2 gb and I have ab micro sd card which is 32 gb(but i dont have its SD adapter) ..

3) the thing is i have these 2 flash cards with me which are obsolete now but they have a slot for microsd card .. my question .. can i use this flash card (as it can take the microsd card) and use it ? (logically i feel it can be done as the 3ds is fully hacked) .. I am a noob and I am coming back to the scene after like 8 years .. could any1 please help me with this problem.

Regards
Rahul

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I know, no, there is no way for the 3DS to access an SD card that is inside a flashcart. To use that card you need to get an mSD->SD adapter.

rahulkalra9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
As far as I know, no, there is no way for the 3DS to access an SD card that is inside a flashcart. To use that card you need to get an mSD->SD adapter.
Hi,

thanks for the reply ..I have found this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-access-flashcarts-micro-sd-from-the-3ds.485691/

and there is a post which says this :

"Real shame there exists no actual 3ds homebrew to access the micro sd of any inserted FC.

TWLightmenu can do it paritally for launching games purposes IIRC, therefore access should be possible.

Then again, aside from FileKong and FTPDB there is not even an actual way to transfer files 3ds <-> 3ds without a middleman PC so this right here is probably wishful thinking."

PS: I think it is very easily doable .. but I would rather get an SD adapter .. but if we manage to access the microsd in flash card .. this will increase the storage and there are a lot of un used microsd cards lying with me which can be reused

Regards
Rahul

rahulkalra9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hi,

thanks for the reply ..I have found this thread : https://gbatemp.net/threads/any-way-to-access-flashcarts-micro-sd-from-the-3ds.485691/

and there is a post which says this :

"Real shame there exists no actual 3ds homebrew to access the micro sd of any inserted FC.

TWLightmenu can do it paritally for launching games purposes IIRC, therefore access should be possible.

Then again, aside from FileKong and FTPDB there is not even an actual way to transfer files 3ds <-> 3ds without a middleman PC so this right here is probably wishful thinking."

PS: I think it is very easily doable .. but I would rather get an SD adapter .. but if we manage to access the microsd in flash card .. this will increase the storage and there are a lot of un used microsd cards lying with me which can be reused

Regards
Rahul

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Did you speak to her at all?