Hardware Old Nokia Phones, Series40, Java Games and sound issues

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for your intervention; I was afraid that the topic didn't interest anyone..... well, come to think of it, maybe it doesn't interest you either and you only replied out of kindness and compassion, I guess.
Regarding what you call a wall of colorful pictures, I thought they would awaken the interest and wonder of some users more that way, but I had not in the least thought that you would participate and be accidentally blinded by their brilliance... 😅 and for that I apologize.

Anyway, I confirm to you that that slightly older model is more efficient in handling Java games than those two newer ones: but my assumption is that the features of these claimed by the manufacturer are not actually so (especially the available RAM). Above all, I noticed that these are made in China, while the nokia 206 is made in India: perhaps indicative of higher quality components of this one? Who knows and who cares.... But in the meantime I enjoy it, and I never fail to play a game of Diamond Twister, Block Breaker Deluxe or Puzzle Fighter II before I fall asleep. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you for your intervention; I was afraid that the topic didn't interest anyone..... well, come to think of it, maybe it doesn't interest you either and you only replied out of kindness and compassion, I guess.
Think again. The topic is interesting for me… and see: I've learned something now.
Just because I'm not actively using phones for anything that doesn't mean I ignore such topics. I even learned the basics in rooting and flashing Android phones (and now that I've had a look at them I like them even less than before).

Anyway, I confirm to you that that slightly older model is more efficient in handling Java games than those two newer ones: but my assumption is that the features of these claimed by the manufacturer are not actually so (especially the available RAM). Above all, I noticed that these are made in China, while the nokia 206 is made in India: perhaps indicative of higher quality components of this one? Who knows and who cares.... But in the meantime I enjoy it, and I never fail to play a game of Diamond Twister, Block Breaker Deluxe or Puzzle Fighter II before I fall asleep. 😉
Could as well be that the games require one specific version of the JVM and nothing else. Who knows?

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la