OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Now for the description.

It was an old puzzle game. I believe it was for the PC. It consisted of a screen full of squares. And some had arrows, and you could move those squares and you moved this... things.. can't remember what it was... and you had to get it to the end.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
...from your amazing description;

sokoban?

I would say Sokoban too. It was one of my first DOS games.

sokoban_3.gif

sokoban_1.png

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No... that's definitely not it. It had better graphics, and the background was black. Some of the "squares" had arrows - some pointing in one direction, others pointing in two, and some pointing in all 4. You could move them by stepping on them, or you could do it "psychically"

Hope that helps, it's kinda hard to describe

Edit: Alawar games made a game like this some time ago. I can't find it, but I remember it had morph in the title

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*sigh*... I don't think that's quite it. As I remember it, the platforms were of a golden shade, and you could press space to stop controlling the character, move the cursor to a platform and then press space again to focus in on it. then you could press the direction that the platform could move in and it would move until it hit a wall. Then you would focus back in on the character and move wherever.

But this is definitely getting closer. I could be wrong about the platform, and if someone has any other platform ideas, please feel free to tell me.

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Do you remember what the character you controlled looked like?

I remember a game where you played a purple blob on the Amiga... it had similar boxes, but I doubt it's what you're looking for.

MajinGohan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SokouBan? YES!
I remember playing that game to death when my buddy´s mom got herself a laptop. Man, that was like 10 years ago.... ah, the memories
tongue.gif

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you remember what the character you controlled looked like?

I remember a game where you played a purple blob on the Amiga... it had similar boxes, but I doubt it's what you're looking for.
Unfortunately I don't
frown.gif

I only remember what the environment looked like
The playing field took up almost the whole screen, then there was a strip on the right side of the screen with score, etc.

The tiles were golden, and you had to collect something or other. The background was black, and I can't quite remember if it had stars in the background or no

Wanque

Trophies
Website
www.worldofwows.com
XP
Country
Well, the closest I've got is that Amiga game I mentioned, Blob.
Some of the points fit, but I don't think it's what you're looking for, since you'd probably have remembered it being an Amiga game... and the fact that you play a big purple blob
wink.gif

Edit - wait, it's not 'The Continuing Adventures of CyberBox', is it? Website here.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will obviously be wrong, but I own a game that plays identical to your description and your drawing there (funny that it's a black and white game too) matches. SD Lupin the 3rd. You move the character around on those boxes, the boxes have nothing, a 'switch' to reverse tiles, or those arrows you drew allowing movement only in that direction. In Lupin you run about, collect a key, then rob the joint while avoiding inspector zenigata or some other chump depending on the map you choose to do.

I'm highly positive the game maybe is based off the concept you are speaking of, but I know it can't be it unless you forgot you were using a very early GB emulator, a ROM, didn't know it, and had space mapped as one of the B or A buttons.
wink.gif

Here's the only pic I can find of the bloody game in action sadly:
SD_Lupin_III_Kinko_Yaburi_Daisakusen_gb_2-150x135.png

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
T_T no....

BTW, those arrows, if you step on an arrow pointing right, for example, and then press right, then the whole tile moves right with you on it until it hits a wall or another tile.

Or like I said you can press space to focus out, and move the tiles on their own

- Wrath of God -

God
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry to bring up such an old topic, but I want to resume my search for this game, and I thought it would be better to continue this, than start a new thread. I think the game is at least 12 years old. I still can't remember what the game was, or what the character you controlled was, but I remembered that the background was space like and had stars, and also the tiles were yellow/gold. I also found that Alawar remake. It was called Metamorphs.
Here's a screenshot, and here is another one. And here is the site that I got the screenshots from. And here are a couple of download links. Hopefully, this time around someone will be able to help me.

And as always, thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1