Hacking Hardware OLED Switch - HWFLY v6

YoloSwagLord

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
hi!
In 2017 I bought my V1 switch which is jailbreaked with SX OS from almost day one.
After 6 years it was time for an upgrade so I bought a Nintendo Switch OLED (Tears of the Kingdom) and a HWFLY v6.

Now im about to sent of the switch and modchip to the solder shop but was wondering if there where any written tutorials for the v6 OLED version?
I found a couple video's but not a write up, are there any?

I received the parts below, now my questions are:

• is this set complete?
  • what is the micro usb adapter for?

Scherm­afbeelding 2023-05-22 om 09.57.00.png

Thanks in advance for your reply's :D

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The adapter is to flash new firmware to it. But I imagine it will already have a later firmware, considering it's advertised as "v6". If and when you use it, make sure you're looking at that word "UP" before you plug in a USB cable. If you put it in upside down, you'll kill the USB flashing functionality INSTANTLY as soon as you plug in the USB cable...

Minus needing a couple of (pieces of) wires, the kit looks complete to me. You have the board upside-down in the pic. I can't tell where the reset points are. If you flash a new firmware to sysnand that overwrites boot0, you'll need to reset/retrain the chip or else get a black screen or forced into OFW.

Whoa... just watched an install video, and you probably should have gone with the picofly setup. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITG7AJlquIU

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: Phantomas77

CoolRunninJA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am about to do this install next month. Picofly is still pretty new and have seen multiple posts about issues with it. I decided to do the instinct v6... was able to find/order one. Looks like the same exact chip you ordered.

Either way what I came to say is... I would not have the tech reflow the emmc adapter like in the video urherenow posted.

Check this install vid HERE... Sthetix does a write up of why he doesnt reflow anymore.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1