Hacking Homebrew OMG - I need help - may have stuffed my Wii u ‘upgrading’ to tiramisu!

pdiddy007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all

Long term lurker - and only occasional poster. I think I stuffed up badly and need help!!!

To provide context - hacked my Wii U in 2017 via the Wii u hacks guide website. it’s running 5.5.1. It has Haxchii (via exploitable virtual console game) and via that I would load Mocha CFW. This is what the guide recommended at the time. Everything worked brilliantly until recently. We renovated our house and so I had packed away my Wii U for over year and am now trying to get it running again. Upon starting it up, mocha wouldn’t ‘load’ and there would be an error when I tried to play a game.

I went searching for a solution and everything I read said upgrade to tiramisù. So I did. I followed the Wii u hacks guide and ended up uninstalling haxchii and following the guide perfectly. I was excited to try my games again but it’s not working. I’m now coming up with an error saying “the software cannot be used - the Nintendo network id used to purchase this software has been deleted”.

What. Have. I. Done. I’m bitterly upset - the console is set up just how I like it and it took ages to get it to this stage.

Please please please does anyone have any advice on how to fix it???

Attachments

• 0DFD4E36-7CCA-473A-A4E7-10F3DDA29010.jpeg
    0DFD4E36-7CCA-473A-A4E7-10F3DDA29010.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 121

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The good news is, every kind of brick can be recovered from on a Wii U now without a hardmod. Though this doesn't appear to be a brick exactly.

pdiddy007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm... Something might be wrong with the sigpatches.
How do I find out if it’s the sig patches. I have now tried a new SD card and three different guides (including Wii hacks guide). Everything like it says this

Attachments

• 81F1C477-1F11-4A9C-BC41-AE21EA3CCABF.jpeg
    81F1C477-1F11-4A9C-BC41-AE21EA3CCABF.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 65

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Worst case scenario, just re-install Haxchi? I never used Tiramisu myself, since Haxchi always just worked! I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. Note: Haxchi includes sigpatches, so no need to use Mocha on top of it.

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Worst case scenario, just re-install Haxchi? I never used Tiramisu myself, since Haxchi always just worked! I don't want to fix something that isn't broken. Note: Haxchi includes sigpatches, so no need to use Mocha on top of it.
Thing is, Tiramisu works even better than Haxchi, with none of the user-error brick risk if you were using CBHC.
For this situation, install NUSspli, and launch it from HBL.
Press A, and just reinstall the games you have.
I'd rather just make new fake tickets, but I don't know how to do that on a Wii U..

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
I’ve unzipped the suggested file as per Wii u hacks and put it in the correct directory but still not working
on wiiu hacks guide, there is a additional signpatch file you have to download separately if it's not downloaded, and put it in, /wiiu/environments/tiramisu/modules/setup. the download can be found on the sd Preparation page.
given that I'm not seeing a error code. It looks like the ticket for whatever title you downloaded got janked. If you can, just reinstall the title as that should fix the ticket.

pdiddy007

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good Morning.😊

Do you maybe have used RedNAND before ?

And hopefully,you have used this Guide for your Steps:
https://wiiu.hacks.guide/#/tiramisu/sd-preparation
I’m guessing maybe I did use rednand - I’m not good with the terminology but I did use the wiiuhacks guide many years ago and had to load mocha CFW after first selecting haxchii. Sounds ridiculous now cause haxchii works on its own but that was what was done at the time.

And I did use that guide

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Thank you.:)

I’m guessing maybe I did use rednand
So that is maybe the "Issue":
There is something "left or missing" on your WiiU´s SysNAND and/or RedNAND.. (I presume your Games was installed to an USB Device / RedNAND) ) and that´s why it keep´s your Games from working.....maybe.

Please try to boot Mocha or Haxchi (you still have it ?) and start One of these Games - It should be working.

or better

Please try to re-install one of your previously used / working Games - It should be working too.

Good Luck.😉

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you.:)

So that is maybe the "Issue":
There is something "left or missing" on your WiiU´s SysNAND and/or RedNAND.. (I presume your Games was installed to an USB Device / RedNAND) ) and that´s why it keep´s your Games from working.....maybe.

Please try to boot Mocha or Haxchi (you still have it ?) and start One of these Games - It should be working.

or better

Please try to re-install one of your previously used / working Games - It should be working too.

Good Luck.😉
Interesting theory, yes, it's a missing ticket if that's the case. I think you can import tickets from rednand to sysnand if that's the problem.

• Love

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He can check if his sd card has a segment of unallocated space, use sdio on the slc portion to extract it, use nand dumper on sysnand to dump the otp.bin, use wii nand extractor on slc dump and otp.bin, extract the rights folder, lastly inject the tickets into the equivalent folder.

Trophies
XP
For this situation, install NUSspli, and launch it from HBL.
Sorry for responding to this late. But if you're going to suggest NUSspli, then you should probably also mention the version number which doesn't require Tiramisu to already be installed (correctly anyway). Because if I recall in it's current state, it requires Tiramisu's working sigpatches for 1.95 and the unofficial 1.96 needs a mocha payload used by Tiramisu.

This comment may be irrelevant, if so just ignore it.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one