One HDD for Wii U / Wii game installations?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont and USB Loaders are frontends to view your collection and just reloads your game. As inject they are using the WiiU`s hardware, as the vWii has its own hardware built in. They are seperate.

Ok thanks, but still not clear on whether Wii games can be run on Wii U as injects (and on the same hdd as Wii U content) and still be loaded through loader GX and get the r1281 deflicker kill benefit?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Either the one or the other. Injected Wii games (each one by one) are stored as WiiU content on the WiiU drive. Also the injected Loader, but the loader has only access to the SDCard to load the games (not to injected games on WiiU drive), in this case the games have to be stored on SDCard.

Last edited by Sypherone,
Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either the one or the other. Injected Wii games (each one by one) are stored as WiiU content on the WiiU drive. Also the injected Loader, but the loader has only access to the SDCard to load the games (not to injected games on WiiU drive), in this case the games have to be stored on SDCard.

Ok that makes sense.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So noob question on this topic, but if I understand the posts above correctly ... the only way to run Wii and GC games on Wii U from the same hard drive as Wii U games is by injecting them as VC? Which means not using nintendont/usb loader gx. Which means no rev. 1281 on the Wii games. Which means hdmi advantage of the Wii U is defeated (using TV as display) by the deflicker filter on Wii games.

Bummer if true. I've gotten very spoiled by the picture quality of Wii games using rev. 1281, not going back.

And while technically possible to work around this by storing all vWii data on the SD card slot using a large SD card, this isn't recommended?

Edit: I have not touched my Wii U yet but it's happening soon. Trying to digest all info before I start. Just read in the thread about rev 1281 that this still works on VC injects of Wii games using evWii plugin (which I'd never heard of ... so many complications). So, are "VC injects" on Wii U not natively running but instead actually running nintendont/gx loader?? Sorry, pretty confusing.
GC injects are still using Nintendont. Since GC injects are just autobooting forwarders for Nintendont.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GC injects are still using Nintendont. Since GC injects are just autobooting forwarders for Nintendont.

Hmm ... that might throw a wrench in my works then. Since nintendont is being employed, GC games even if 'injects' would also need to be on the SD card then, or else a separate hdd?

Doesn't concern me so much that this is 'an insurmountable task' .... more like 'is this worth the trouble?' since I already have a tricked out GC with Retro Prism hdmi and a modded Wii with component cables and using gx loader r1281. They both look great without complications. I don't really neeeed to have Wii or GC running on the Wii U at all. Just, it'd be nice.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hmm ... that might throw a wrench in my works then. Since nintendont is being employed, GC games even if 'injects' would also need to be on the SD card then, or else a separate hdd?

Doesn't concern me so much that this is 'an insurmountable task' .... more like 'is this worth the trouble?' since I already have a tricked out GC with Retro Prism hdmi and a modded Wii with component cables and using gx loader r1281. They both look great without complications. I don't really neeeed to have Wii or GC running on the Wii U at all. Just, it'd be nice.
Not sure but I think it was eventually made to load the data directly from the WiiVC "disc" so a SD card is no longer needed.

Reactions: Hanafuda

leejaclane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube injections on Wii U install the game fully on the hard drive (internal or external), but boot Nintendont from the SD card. GameCube save data and the Nintendont config file are both saved to SD card as well if I remember correctly.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameCube injections on Wii U install the game fully on the hard drive (internal or external), but boot Nintendont from the SD card. GameCube save data and the Nintendont config file are both saved to SD card as well if I remember correctly.

So the GC isos can be on the same drive with Wii U? I guess there wouldn't be much point calling them "injects" if they weren't.

I've still got a lot to learn, me thinks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I'm starting to sound like a Tck