Only using SYSNAND? how long? and are you banned yet?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did. Then I forgot to insert sd card one time before powering on and fuse was burned. I think I had a backup of 3.1? and after I had 7.x. I've asked here if I can still go back to 3.1 but never got a clear answer so I gave up.

Well crap.

If you have 5 or more fuses burnt you can’t go back to 3.x without running Hekate and it ability to skip the fuse checking/burning algorithm from Ninty. If you have 10 or more burnt then 7 is moot too.

Here’s some more info on the matter: https://switchbrew.org/wiki/Fuses#Anti-downgrade

It’s still good to keep those backups…if anything ever happens to your Sysnand you can overwrite it with your old version and use Hekate to boot into Atmosphere and then use Daybreak to update your FW to latest.

It’s a bit of a convoluted path but you won’t ever be completely bricked (From this specific use case…there are probably other ways to screw the pooch.)

• Angry
Reactions: Gep_Etto

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good sir, I take offense to your usage of the immensely dogphobic and pretty rape-y idiom "to screw the pooch". If this dog in my profile pic knew how to read, he would be very upset right now. He also probably wouldn't be too happy about a lot of things around the house but that's a separate issue.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good sir, I take offense to your usage of the immensely dogphobic and pretty rape-y idiom "to screw the pooch". If this dog in my profile pic knew how to read, he would be very upset right now. He also probably wouldn't be too happy about a lot of things around the house but that's a separate issue.
My sincere apologies to your dog. I’ll make this a learning experience and try to be better in the future.

Reactions: Gep_Etto

Grandepuffoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just to clarify what I said before, you CAN go online on a banned Switch (I should know, I own one). You just can't access any Nintendo online services is all.

Strangely, that includes the eShop. Big N didn't think that move through very well. I was a try-it-before-you-buy-it pirate before - that's what got me banned, I was very careless - but now that I don't even have the option of buying, I pirate 100% of my Switch games. I wonder how many people are in the same situation and how much lost revenue that represents for Nintendo.
Wait, I'm not sure I understand what you can do by going online without accessing nintendo services. I guess not playing online though, because of the nintendo subscription?

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Wait, I'm not sure I understand what you can do by going online without accessing nintendo services. I guess not playing online though, because of the nintendo subscription?
Depending on what homebrew you have installed, you can browse the web, download games from servers or torrent swarms, update your homebrew, update your Switch's firmware, play homebrew games online, watch videos on YouTube, etc.

Also, in theory it's not completely impossible for there to be some underground server for unlicensed Splatoon 2 tournaments, shady Dragon Marked for Death party forming or black market Animal Crossing turnip dealings somewhere. AFAIK none exist, but it shouldn't be impossible.

But yeah, Nintendo servers house more than 90% of what the average Switch owner would do with it online. But there is that 10%, so I thought I should clarify.

Grandepuffoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Depending on what homebrew you have installed, you can browse the web, download games from servers or torrent swarms, update your homebrew, update your Switch's firmware, play homebrew games online, watch videos on YouTube, etc.

Also, in theory it's not completely impossible for there to be some underground server for unlicensed Splatoon 2 tournaments, shady Dragon Marked for Death party forming or black market Animal Crossing turnip dealings somewhere. AFAIK none exist, but it shouldn't be impossible.

But yeah, Nintendo servers house more than 90% of what the average Switch owner would do with it online. But there is that 10%, so I thought I should clarify.
Got it, thank you very much

JayBae

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update on my console/account, Still not banned! XD Only running Sysnand fully modded. always connected to the internet and Nintendo's servers. Only thing I never do is play any games I didn't buy legit. and I never cheat in any online exclusive games. That's the only precautions I ever take.

XD think that's the key peepz! Least in my travels at least! Don't be a dirty cheating pirate! XD

I use themes, use Tesla and FTP, and have Retroarch on my home screen, added a ton of games to the NS Online emulators, cheat in items and junk for ACNH, and Pokemon for various Pokemon games. I give my friends Pokemon and items as well, so far I'm not banned at all, I think if you avoid the temptation of downloading games, and then playing those games you don't own online, you'll be ok. Least IMO.

Always use caution peeps, don't take my word as fact, it's just my experience so far.

Last edited by JayBae,

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Update on my console/account, Still not banned! XD Only running Sysnand fully modded. always connected to the internet and Nintendo's servers. Only thing I never do is play any games I didn't buy legit. and I never cheat in any online exclusive games. That's the only precautions I ever take.

XD think that's the key peepz! Least in my travels at least! Don't be a dirty cheating pirate! XD

I use themes, use Tesla and FTP, and have Retroarch on my home screen, added a ton of games to the NS Online emulators, cheat in items and junk for ACNH, and Pokemon for various Pokemon games. I give my friends Pokemon and items as well, so far I'm not banned at all, I think if you avoid the temptation of downloading games, and then playing those games you don't own online, you'll be ok. Least IMO.

Always use caution peeps, don't take my word as fact, it's just my experience so far.
While I'm glad that you haven't been banned yet, remember that one data point does not indicate a trend. People have been banned for doing some of the stuff you're doing. Be careful.

Ega1232387

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Both of my switches use cfw on sysnand sind pritty much the second release of sxos, so a few years already. Autorcm is enabled, and I don't remember the last time I bootet stock.
At some point I started to move mainly to atmosphere (around 9.x when using xcis online became impossible on sxos).
I only have one setup I use an emunand on, and that's with my modified atmosphere version, that forces the switch in dev mode, so I can boot an edev emunand, to experiment with it and leaks of dev builds of games.

I also helped a few friends to mod their switches over the years, all sysnand no piracy, no one banned yet.
how do you enter dev mode?

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

you installed retroarch as a nsp (icon on homescreen)? :blink:, wish you the best lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64