Hacking Ordered a PS3 on 3.55 with 4.75 Habbib CFW (4.78 spoofed). I have a question or two...

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,282
  • Replies 48

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Make sure no game is inserted. Also make sure no internet connection is active of the time you update. Also you have to place the file in a folder called UPDATE with capital letters. And yeah toggle the QA thing but normally the user who had the PS3 before you already did that i pressume.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
good luck on installing
Can't hurt to enable the QA indeed.
It's mostly for downgrading between firmwares.
Make sure no game is inserted. Also make sure no internet connection is active of the time you update. Also you have to place the file in a folder called UPDATE with capital letters. And yeah toggle the QA thing but normally the user who had the PS3 before you already did that i pressume.
Thank you so much for the advice guys! It's been a great help, and it's much appreciated! :)

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
ps3 with cfw is fun :P free games and everything... Except the scene is almost dead with nothing happenning, due to developpers fearing sony

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah the scene is slowly dying. I also think the Rebug team said a month back they're quitting. But almost everything that can be done with a ps3 has been done so there isn't much need for new things.

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Yeah the scene is slowly dying. I also think the Rebug team said a month back they're quitting. But almost everything that can be done with a ps3 has been done so there isn't much need for new things.
Nope we stille need to fully document console id/idps, and get cfw for users above 3.55 :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have been communicating with "THEDARKPROGRAMMER", who was researching CID, and he found a way to generate valid IDPS from serial ID, but he will not release his documentation untill SONY officially discontinues ps3, atleast thats what he told me

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure u install a cfw with nobd if ur disc drive doesn't work. a lot of things won't work unless u have that patch since there r checks to see if u have a working drive. there's no official rebug with that patch included, but there r some unofficial ones where people have added the patch. I hope that helps.

D

Deleted User

OP
make sure u install a cfw with nobd if ur disc drive doesn't work. a lot of things won't work unless u have that patch since there r checks to see if u have a working drive. there's no official rebug with that patch included, but there r some unofficial ones where people have added the patch. I hope that helps.
What should I type into google to get those unofficial builds?
EDIT: nvm, I found them.

Last edited by ,

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, I'd advise extreme caution with unofficial builds. rebug thoroughly tests their cfw, but there's no telling how well the unofficial builds r tested. u might consider ferrox cfw. the dev who makes that does release nobd versions, so those r safe.

D

Deleted User

OP
btw, I'd advise extreme caution with unofficial builds. rebug thoroughly tests their cfw, but there's no telling how well the unofficial builds r tested. u might consider ferrox cfw. the dev who makes that does release nobd versions, so those r safe.
Will Ferrox CFW allow me to turn my console into a DEX console? Because that's a bit of a necessity for me since I want to use UDK Ultimate.

veraci_00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will Ferrox CFW allow me to turn my console into a DEX console? Because that's a bit of a necessity for me since I want to use UDK Ultimate.

no it won't. I'm not sure if ITA makes a nobd version of their cfw. they're a group that makes dex firmware only. u might try looking that up.

D

Deleted User

OP
Okay, so I got the PS3 Slim a couple of hours ago and it worked perfect! :)

I successfully managed to get Rebug installed over that Habib CFW. So now I'm on 4.78 Rebug REX firmware. (Also, I didn't have to use the no-bd build of rebug after all.)

My final question is - if I want to turn the PS3 into a DEX console, would I have to install the Rebug D-REX firmware and Swap the LV2 kernel to DEX?
Also, would it affect me if I still want to play normal games installed through the Package Manager?

Thanks for any replies. It's been a bit of a while since my last reply to this thread. :)

WangSolo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You will need to convert to eid dex key in rebug tools yes you can play games on dex no internet tho also within 3 months you will need a new psid and idps cos sony always catches you even when spoofed they can tell longest i lasted 5 months you get multiman dex btw or use webman to launch paket manager is a sure way of getting banned always use stealth multiman

DeViL303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So much incorrect info here in this thread I don't know where to start..If you are going to offer someone advice maybe you should research your answers first.

1. D-REX is not specifically for DEX hardware. It is exactly the same as REX except you use D-REX if you have already swapped the kernel to DEX using the toolbox.

2. The hardware is 99% the same for DEX consoles, You can do a full conversion if you wish. (apart from HDCP which is built into retail consoles)

3. You should definitely make sure that Toggle QA is enabled.

4. You do NOT need a NO-BD patched FW unless your BD logic board (or complete drive) is completely missing/disconnected. As you have a slim PS3 the logic board is built into the main board, so you will not need no-BD FW (unless the main board is damaged which is very unlikely). Laser problems are separate and the only side effect will be disk read problems when you put in real disks.

5. Use PSN patch for blocking PSN so you don't get your console banned.

6. Lots of people have been online for years with CFW. But Spoofing is NOT any protection against getting banned, it never was, it just allows your console online without updating. If you do need to go online you need to use other stealth apps like SEN enabler etc.

7. Stealth multiman is not going to completely stop you getting banned either, it just helps along with everything else.

If you need good info on Rebug and Dex and Stealth I suggest you check out PSX-Place, Rebug Team members are there and there is much more reliable info.

Last edited by DeViL303,
D

Deleted User

OP
5. Use PSN patch for safety so you don't get your console banned, its not true that "sony always catches you even when spoofed". Lots of people have been online for years with CFW.

6. Spoofing is NOT any protection against getting banned, it never was, it just allows your console online. You need to use other stealth apps like SEN enabler etc.

7. Stealth multiman is not going to stop you getting banned either, it just maybe helps a little.
That was all taken care of when I bought it.

4. You do NOT need a NO-BD patched FW unless your BD logic board (or complete drive) is completely missing/disconnected. As you have a slim PS3 the logic board is built into the main board, so you will not need no-BD FW (unless the main board is damaged which is very unlikely). Laser problems are separate and the only side effect will be disk read problems when you put in real disks.
No, I never needed it when I swapped to Rebug REX anyway. So that was taken care of too. :)

3. You should definitely make sure that Toggle QA is enabled.
I still need to check if it is enabled. I was meant to do that when I bought it, but I never got the chance to...

1. D-REX is not specifically for DEX hardware. It is exactly the same as REX except you use D-REX if you have already swapped the kernel to DEX using the toolbox.

2. The hardware is the same for DEX consoles, You can do a full conversion if you wish.
Basically, this is where I am still stuck at. I was aiming to convert my CEX console to DEX, because I have saw multiple tutoirals on youtube on how to do that, and I also want to make use of UDK Ultimate (Which requires a DEX console).

So you're telling me that I need to swap the LV2 Kernel to DEX first? How do I go about doing that? Can you point out to a reliable tutorial?

DeViL303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That was all taken care of when I bought it.

No, I never needed it when I swapped to Rebug REX anyway. So that was taken care of too. :)

I still need to check if it is enabled. I was meant to do that when I bought it, but I never got the chance to...

Basically, this is where I am still stuck at. I was aiming to convert my CEX console to DEX, because I have saw multiple tutoirals on youtube on how to do that, and I also want to make use of UDK Ultimate (Which requires a DEX console).

So you're telling me that I need to swap the LV2 Kernel to DEX first? How do I go about doing that? Can you point out to a reliable tutorial?

Using Rebug 4.78 and the Rebug Toolbox you can covert to DEX. See the rebug Site:

http://rebug.me/official-rebug-4-78-2-cobra-7-3-toolbox-2-02-09-feb-23rd-2016/

"TOOLBOX Can dump your EID ROOT KEY without old eid root key dumper that was used for 3.55 / 4.21 while back, because it has its bulit-in eid root key dumper integrated for both CEX/DEX mode on 4.78 CFW this is universal feature, and toolbox can ensure your conversion done in less than 5 mins top, if you dumped your root key via toolbox’s utility tab, then toolbox will ask you if you’d like to continue flash-less auto conversion."
CONVERT.jpg

If you have questions I suggest joining PSX-Place as the Rebug team are there and lots of DEXperts.

By the way, if you have reinstalled FW, you may have undone some of the patches that were done when you bought it. So you may not be safe anymore online etc.

Also , to check if QA is enabled you can see it in Rebug Toolbox.

Also, you might not need to convert, Rebug runs most Debug stuff without any issues, so you could try UDK before converting just incase.

Last edited by DeViL303,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Probably.