Ordered something that never came?

Pockie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By this I mean, have you been excited to purchase something only to find out it was either a scam or lost in delivery or lord knows what happened but you just never received your order.
I have had this happen to me twice throughout my years of shopping online. The first was Fallout 4. When the price was still high I found a seller selling it on eBay for $20 turns out that it was a scam and I was pretty bummed out. (I learned from it too) Luckily I got my refund but I was still sad that I did not get the game.

The second that I am in the process of actually is the Orange PS Vita. Bought it on amazon from a third party seller for a real good price especially since it has gone up since then. People have purchased different colored PS Vita's from this seller and he had 100% good feedback. I ordered, he shipped, and it never got here. :( Currently in the process of trying to get my money back but it is still sad, really wanted the orange vita.

Have you guys gone through this or something similar?

D

Deleted-355425

happened loads of times, most of the time i have got my money back as i used my credit card/paypal.. a few times i lost my money but it was less then £10 so i couldn't be bothered to fill out the forms/jump through the hoops with my bank.

Pockie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean sure if its a small amount I would just say its a loss on my part. But for the ps vita, best bet I am fighting for my money back. Just hope it can be resolved.

D

Deleted-355425

If the seller provided no tracking or signature on delivery ten get in touch with amazon and get your money back.... dont sweat it.... you will get it back but it will take time. Annoying yes but you will get it back.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I almost had this happening.

I commissioned a drawing from a girl on Facebook in January last year. Then never got news back after 2 months. Never bothered to contact her ever again because it was only $10, so I couldn't be arsed to be a piece of shit to her, whichever she forgot or just scammed me.
Then out of the blue, in July I think, she contacted me again, with a finished drawing, thing that I forgot in the meantime. So better late than never I guess :P

Pockie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I almost had this happening.

I commissioned a drawing from a girl on Facebook in January last year. Then never got news back after 2 months. Never bothered to contact her ever again because it was only $10, so I couldn't be arsed to be a piece of shit to her, whichever she forgot or just scammed me.
Then out of the blue, in July I think, she contacted me again, with a finished drawing, thing that I forgot in the meantime. So better late than never I guess :P
She just needed time then to complete it lol. It took time but at least you got it :)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
She just needed time then to complete it lol. It took time but at least you got it :)
Well the thing is that she simply disappeared of internet after 2 months of waiting. Only twice I asked for an update, with a period of one month between each. Each time she replied something like "Yes it's you next!"
And the day she came back, she basically made it in a single afternoon, because she sent me rough sketches showing progress done during the day, haha.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It has happened to me a lot of times. Not only orders, but people sending stuff that never arrived. When it comes to orders, they have always been sorted in the end thanks to the brilliant customer service... actually I can only remember it happening one time. And I've been shopping online since 1998 :P

Well, it kinda happened twice, but the first time was just my dad being stupid:
I was going to order Final Fantasy Mystic Quest (Yes I do actually like that game), and buy it online in 1998. My dad wasn't as well versed with online shopping as you might have hoped, because he put the game in the shopping basket... and then closed the page. And then we waited. And nothing arrived (duh).

The other time it happened was when I pre-ordered a vinyl record (Lagwagon) from Fat Wreck Chords. I waited and waited, and eventually the release date came and went, one week, two weeks, a month, two months... the record never came. I contacted them, and they were so cool to actually send a spare copy (of a limited edition colored pre-order only record that was sold out). One of the bonus items weren't included though, a DVD with interviews and some live videos of the band. I contacted them, and they didn't have any spares of that one sadly, but they asked if I wanted something else from them, to which I replied that I'd gladly take anything they thought were a worthy replacement item. Got a temporarily sold out DVD from another band (NOFX, now available again, for cheap :P), a 7-inch 45RPM spacer thingy, a key decorator (not key chain, but a rubber thing you put on the actual key). It was all good :)

Then, I have a friend who produces music (for some Netflix shows, among other things) and I bought a CD to support him, not the first time I did that, but he sent a LOOOT of stuff, including a 9-inch vinyl record test press thing, which he only created 5 of. And a t-shirt, and stickers and CDs and cassette tapes.... Eventually I asked if he had sent it, and he apparently did several months prior. So he sent a new package..... Which never arrived either.
So the third time, he paid for tracking and all that shit, and it finally arrived! So he sent out 3 of his 5 personal handmade vinyl records... Lovely dude.

Another time, I won a design competition for a T-shirt. A solo tour of the frontman of Lagwagon, in Australia. He was happy, I was happy, and he was going to send a pack of his solo music to my address. Nothing ever showed up. Bummer.

There have been a few minor things more, but it was so long ago I don't even remember. I won some competitions and never received my prize. OH WELL.

Reactions: VinsCool

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Literally just now, I was expecting a replacement DC Power jack harness for that Y550 I got that was supposed to be delivered today. Marked as delivered in Mailbox, literally saw the mailman parked outside my house (where he usually parks to deliver mail to the various houses in my neighborhood), didn't get anything. Nothing in mail box, nothing on the steps or around the steps or around the mailbox, I imagine he delivered it to the wrong house somehow.

TVL

#|
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It has happened a bunch of times with eBay orders. I've always got a replacement or money back though. Pretty annyoing anyway when you wait over a month for something from China, and then you'll have to wait another month for the replacement.

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep. We've bought a 3DS XL "blue", and we waited and it ended out of Nowhere... The French post wanted to take it and found it lost.

We've asked the seller for a refund or a reshipment, they chose the second option. And it arrived.

Almost 200-300 euros that were gone out of Nowhere.

*and for the lost packet, it was probably took off by another person*

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
By this I mean, have you been excited to purchase something only to find out it was either a scam or lost in delivery or lord knows what happened but you just never received your order.
I have had this happen to me twice throughout my years of shopping online. The first was Fallout 4. When the price was still high I found a seller selling it on eBay for $20 turns out that it was a scam and I was pretty bummed out. (I learned from it too) Luckily I got my refund but I was still sad that I did not get the game.

The second that I am in the process of actually is the Orange PS Vita. Bought it on amazon from a third party seller for a real good price especially since it has gone up since then. People have purchased different colored PS Vita's from this seller and he had 100% good feedback. I ordered, he shipped, and it never got here. :( Currently in the process of trying to get my money back but it is still sad, really wanted the orange vita.

Have you guys gone through this or something similar?
Yes, twice. Both were Kickstarter/Indiegogo fundraisers, the first was a $400 Robot Dragonfly, man that was a huge waste of money as they ran out of money and never even got past the prototyping stage, what they did have did look promising though and I'm actually more sad that the product was never finished than I am about losing my $400 as it did look really awesome and would have been a really fun and geeky adult's toy. Second time was a Be Maker kit (Arduino + fancy shield and lots of components), although that was only around $60 so I'm not too bothered by it.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
since I don't buy much online I don't got this problem, but I really did wait fr stuff that never came ...
one was stuff a (ex)friend of mine promised that would give me but she never really worked to get it shipped :P I was waiting for it more than I should them one day I finally asked and was like "I haven't sent it yet" :P (is not because of that, that we aren't friend anymore... it's her fault anyway )

Another was similar , a friend from japan told that would send me two old gbc pokemon carts, was almost the same about waiting and them see that he never sent it :v but different from the last, he is a nice person lololo

other was a 2DS that I won in a contest made here in GBAtemp, the contest maker showed photos of the box with my address, the shipment receipt but the thing never came here , it's more than a year already ...

Other yet was a gift from a friend from here as well but also never came :T these last two I'm worried about they having paid for a service that don't worked ...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can't think of a time i've been scammed like that. Usually they're really obvious and I learned pretty young that if things are too good to be true, they probably are.

Actually my friend in Germany sent me a bunch of gyros stuff and it ended up getting lost, and i'm still super sad about it. I guess that kinda counts even though I didn't order it.
But that's about it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87... +1