PS1/2 Original PS1 powered by an ATX pc power supply?

rickwj324

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a schematic on how to wire the original PS1 to use an ATX power supply? I'm looking to install a ps1 with PSIO in a small form factor pc cube case and would like to know how to wire it to the pc's power supply.

Thanks!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Have not got anything to hand but have a look at guides on making portable versions of home consoles -- most of those will not use an inverter just to step it back down so they will list what voltages a thing expects, and where they need to be delivered. Most times it will be the 12V, 5V and 3.3V of an ATX supply, but if not it should not be anything too troubling for the sorts of DC-DC converters they have nowadays. There are a handful of older consoles like the Amiga that might do something (I think they call it tick pulse there) but most home consoles as people typically know them use fairly standard DC voltages inside.

Reactions: rickwj324

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2i0t8qc.jpg

Note that most desktop PC power bricks will not be stable enough with so low a load - you may want to throw away the actual electronics and replace them with one of those ubiquitous metal-grille-wrapped 12V power supplies intended for led stripes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol