nikolanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hello guys.

I have an issue, the 'other' storage folder is around 10gb for me.

I tried installing a game, had enough space, but the hard drive disconnected from where I was installing from. So it just stopped.

I reinserted it and installed it and it worked.

But now I have a huge 10gb other folder in storage.

I tried looking through the notifications and deleting them, but nothing fixed the issue.

Iirc I deleted some cache files/folders through the FTP a year ago when I had a similar issue and it worked.

How do I delete it manually? I can use an FTP or whatever.

Thanks in advance!

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know the exact FTP location ATM but there are a few of things you could try.
  • Open notifications and press the options button and look in the downloads section to see if there is anything unfinished.
  • Uninstall the game that you were installing when the issue happened.
  • Make a backup of your databases. Enter safe mode and rebuild database, restore your backed up databases.
I think just uninstalling the game should do it.

Reactions: KiiWii

nikolanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't know the exact FTP location ATM but there are a few of things you could try.
  • Open notifications and press the options button and look in the downloads section to see if there is anything unfinished.
  • Uninstall the game that you were installing when the issue happened.
  • Make a backup of your databases. Enter safe mode and rebuild database, restore your backed up databases.
I think just uninstalling the game should do it.
Hello, thanks for the reply!

I tried the notification thing, did not work, as everything was gone, deleted.

I uninstalled the game, still did not work.

I even rebuilt the whole database. Restored the database back.

And still..other 10gb. But a weirder thing happened. I don't see any games installed on the internal drive. Even though I see them on the home screen and everything works properly.

Any other ideas maybe? This is quite frustrating :/

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ps4 uses a temp folder for installs. It may be like the ps3 where it's based on time stamp, so uninstalling or reinstalling will not affect that.

nikolanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The ps4 uses a temp folder for installs. It may be like the ps3 where it's based on time stamp, so uninstalling or reinstalling will not affect that.
Yes, exactly. I was thinking about that, having a hard time finding those temp folders though

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, exactly. I was thinking about that, having a hard time finding those temp folders though
I don't know where it's at on the hdd, but I can guarantee it's in the user partition. the ps3's temp folder is located in dev_hdd0/game (the location where it ends up). however, the temp folder for install and delete are named _INST or _DEL respectively, followed by a time stamp. if either is interrupted, the folder will remain. afaik, there's no way to fix this if using stock other than a format, which is a huge mistake by sony. you have to delete the folders manually.

Reactions: nikolanii

nikolanii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't know where it's at on the hdd, but I can guarantee it's in the user partition. the ps3's temp folder is located in dev_hdd0/game (the location where it ends up). however, the temp folder for install and delete are named _INST or _DEL respectively, followed by a time stamp. if either is interrupted, the folder will remain. afaik, there's no way to fix this if using stock other than a format, which is a huge mistake by sony. you have to delete the folders manually.
That solved it, thank you!

Reactions: godreborn

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just did a test installing a big game and looking through FTP and while the game was installing I had a 39.20BG app.pkg file in /user/bgft/task/0000006d/ and after the game had installed the app.pkg in there was gone.

So maybe the /user/bgft/task/xxxxxxx folder?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did a test installing a big game and looking through FTP and while the game was installing I had a 39.20BG app.pkg file in /user/bgft/task/0000006d/ and after the game had installed the app.pkg in there was gone.

So maybe the /user/bgft/task/xxxxxxx folder?
interesting. could stand for background file transfer? the vita has bgdl, which is the temp folder for that system, and I think it stands for background downloader.

Reactions: Leeful

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In the end that call ended up costing Dell millions in lost contracts with Raytheon, and really...