Enabling a basic overclock on your Xbox One
This was discovered by Title OS:
1) Download hwinit.overclock.gpucpu.cfg
2) Rename it to hwinit.cfg
3) put it on a usb drive under a folder named $SystemUpdate
4) plug the usb into your xbox
5) reboot

If you hear your xbox beep twice on boot up that means its working

hwinit.overclock.gpucpu.cfg : https://anonfiles.com/57J60cDdo2/hwinit.overclock.gpucpu_cfg

More info:
The file enables an overclocked mode controlled by a byte at 0x8 and can have a value between 0x01 - 0x58. File Magic: 0x1-0x58 - 4E,49,57,48,02.Unknown FF range.

Last edited by carizard,

Nickperry420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mind sharing the file with us?

And does this OC all XB1, XB1S, XB1X or just the base VCR Model?
Cant send the file over the internet it will most likley detect or become malware. its been posted before and taken down. you have to build it yourself or have someone make and mail you a flash drive with it set up. someone said that it makes the Xbox one run almost like a Xbox one S

Kopimist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping this for anyone still rocking old firmware like myself (my Xbox One hasn't been online since 2019 lol). My USB flashdrive that I was using for the overclock got stepped on so I had to redownload the file and I noticed its been taken down so I uploaded it elsewhere. No need to rename any files or anything, its already prepared, simply extract the file to the root of your USB flashdrive and you're good to go. Same steps for enabling the overclock as in the OP, so that's plug in your flashdrive with the file on it, restart the console, it will beep to let you know the overclock flag has been triggered. Then with most games you should at least have faster loading times, some games will have improved frame rate if its not fps locked (many titles are unfortunately). Anyways here's the link to the file if anybody wants to try it out on older firmware. I plan on making a comparison video at some point of using the overclock vs not using it. https://drive.proton.me/urls/2FY7X6G7SM#0VTKtFUkUPwM

Reactions: jnl1

Izooc

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is exactly why. It was patched in the last spring update
But strange that they would patch it. Does no harm to them because if people kill their consoles with it they have to buy new ones. I guess they don't want people extending the longevity (performance wise) of the Xbox one.

Donmarco

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
could you please send the file?
Post automatically merged:

could you please send me the file

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users