Pac-Man 99 announced as an exclusive game for Nintendo Switch Online subscribers

Miss playing Super Mario 35? There's a new quirky "battle royale" in town, following in the footsteps of Tetris 99. Available solely to Nintendo Switch players that have Nintendo Switch Online memberships, Pac-Man 99 is a new take on a classic. You'll be playing Pac-Man, but with power-ups, and versus 98 other players, attempting to be the last Pac-Man standing, as you eat ghosts and send them to other players' games. In addition to the main game, there will also be DLC packs, which offer skins that make the game look like other arcade classics, or one that adds single-player offline content. Pac-Man 99 launches later tonight, on the Nintendo Switch eShop.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the game, plus I got trails of cold steel iv from the eshop. I didn't realize there was so much dlc (52) of them, which is a major rip off.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I didn't realize there was so much dlc (52) of them, which is a major rip off.
"Mode unlock" is really the only one of significance, assuming you want to buy Pac-Man for single-player (again). The rest are just themes/cosmetics.

Edit: Oh you meant Trails of Cold Steel lol. Yeah that is quite a lot of DLC.

Last edited by Xzi,

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People asking about how long it will be around before they remove it like Mario 35..... It won't be removed. It has paid DLC content like Tetris 99. Mario 35 was announced as being limited before it was even releases and had no paid DLC content for that very reason. Try to use some critical thinking.

Reactions: Aglaophotis

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, If it's so shitty, why don't you clean it up. :tpi: