i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For most people who live in fairly wealthy first world nations, visas have become mostly a thing of the past. People can travel between most major destinations without having to deal with complicated and expensive visa interviews/applications.

Of course, some nations continue to require foreign nationals to apply for visas even from wealthy nations.

There are two reasons for this:
1. Poor relations with the other nation
2. Expectations of reciprocity

In camp 1 you get countries like Iran, Venezuela and Russia requiring American citizens to apply for formal visas. In camp 2 you get countries like China who would favor a more open visa regime, but expect reciprocity. Unfortunately as the average income in China is quite below most first world nations, and Chinese nationals are often felt to be a risk for overstaying visas/illegal immigration; few first world nations have extended visa free travel to China - and so most of us are stuck applying for a visa if we want to visit.

You can check out the visa requirements of various countries here https://www.passportindex.org/

Of the 199 countries with differing visa regimes - my current mobility score with two passports and a visa is 180/199 (90%)

What about you guys? What places allow you visa free travel, and are there any destinations you wish had reciprocity?

My map

1704322011044.png

Countries I need a visa for:

Afghanistan
Algeria
Benin
Bhutan
Cameroon
Chad
Congo
Eritrea
Liberia
Libya
Mali
Myanmar
Nauru
Niger
North Korea
Sudan
Syria
Turkmenistan
Yemen

Reactions: tabzer

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you sound like a spambot? :angry:
"If you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss gazes back at you."

They don't warn you in mod school that you either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
View attachment 411828

Here's mine.

I notice something weird though.

It says I need authorization to travel to... Croatia.

Where I live.

Bah, humbug.
I spent a lot of time in Croatia and Bosnia during the 90's and never once needed a visa. Mind you I was with the UN and NATO at the time and not once at Split Airport did I get stopped and I was carrying a big gun at the time. How times change eh!

Reactions: x65943 and BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My score is 174. What is funny, it says I'm Visa-free in Canada for 180 days, like anybody would spend 180 days there, eew!
I mean haven't you ever seen the movie "Canadian Bacon", A. :P

Last edited by BigOnYa,
  • Haha
Reactions: x65943

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I renewed my passport today, but I only ever use it to visit one or another country that I need.

What I'd like to visit is a bunker rather than a country. lol

• Haha
Reactions: x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste