Hacking Pasta CFW - A CFW that allows unsigned CIA to be installed on Old and New 3DS! (required ninjhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about updating games?
Lets say I wanna play Pokemon Y, there is a patch for that that gets auto-loaded via eshop when I start the game.
How can I update games with cfw?

A_Random_Guy

Officially That Dev
Trophies
Website
n3dshack.weebly.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
What about updating games?
Lets say I wanna play Pokemon Y, there is a patch for that that gets auto-loaded via eshop when I start the game.
How can I update games with cfw?

Use Luma3DS or Cakes instead of Pasta. PastaCFW is outdated now

EDIT: Wasn't reading the question. You can update your game normally using the eShop. Nothing to worry about for now

@unknownnumber

Last edited by A_Random_Guy,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi someone stole my N3ds a year ago and the i quited the scene but i decided to buy a new one so can anyone make me a recap of everything new on the 3ds hacking scene scince pasta (the moment i left)
Thank you

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi someone stole my N3ds a year ago and the i quited the scene but i decided to buy a new one so can anyone make me a recap of everything new on the 3ds hacking scene scince pasta (the moment i left)
Thank you
pasta merged with rxtools....which is now outdated

a9lh is released

Reactions: Alkéryn

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the new thing is a9lh now ?
yup

its an entrypoint that boots the moment the 3ds launches so you have coldboot. It also has brick protection similar to bootmii on the wii. Since it boots before the 3ds OS you can launch something like emunand9 to flash your nand backup and fix a brick

it also uses sysnand instead of emunand

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yup

its an entrypoint that boots the moment the 3ds launches so you have coldboot. It also has brick protection similar to bootmii on the wii. Since it boots before the 3ds you can launch something like emunand9 to flash your nand backup and fix a brick

it also uses sysnand instead of emunand
We made coldboot OMG i can't believe it xD i knew we had an entry point with the home menu theme but cold boot ^^ i missed so much
last question what's about new entrypoint and what's the highest hackable firmware version ( including downgradable ones (For N3ds))

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
We made coldboot OMG i can't believe it xD i knew we had an entry point with the home menu theme but cold boot ^^ i missed so much
last question what's about new entrypoint and what's the highest hackable firmware version ( including downgradable ones (For N3ds))
all FW's are hackable/downgradable,
but if its on 11.0 it requires a hardmod to downgrade

if its on 10.7 it requires a exploit game such as CN or freakyforms, or if you have access to a already hacked 3ds you can use pokemon ORAS or OOT.

if its on 10.6 or lower it will usually be hackacble via browserhax (unless someone updated to 9.9+ via cart, which stubs the browser).

if its on 9.2 or lower that makes things a bit simpler as you can skip the first downgrade

check out this guide, it should have everything covered there
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
all FW's are hackable/downgradable, but if its on 11.0 it requires a hardmod to downgrade if its on 10.7 it requires a exploit game such as CN or freakyforms, or if you have access to a already hacked 3ds you can use pokemon ORAS or OOT and if its on 10.6 or lower it will usually be hackacble via browserhax (unless someone updated to 9.9+ via cart, which stubs the browser

check out this guide, it should have everything covered there
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
Well I'm speaking about a N3ds I'm gonna buy this week so ^^
the one who stoled my 3ds also stoled CN but i still have pokemon SA ^^
thank for the link =P

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Well I'm speaking about a N3ds I'm gonna buy this week so ^^
the one who stoled my 3ds also stoled CN but i still have pokemon SA ^^
thank for the link =P
well try aim for 9.2-10.5 for the easiest experience as you wont need a exploit game then, as pokemon AS would require you to have access to another already hacked 3ds to install the exploit for 10.6-10.7 downgrading (just checked "the guide" and it seems 10.6 also requires a exploit game)

but if its a new console it will be unlikely it will come on 10.5+

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you
My suggestion, don't use this or RXTools. I've made a helpful thread when it comes down all of the current/update CFW's on the market
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
I also suggest checking out this guide
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My suggestion, don't use this or RXTools. I've made a helpful thread when it comes down all of the current/update CFW's on the market
http://gbatemp.net/threads/wip-faq-what-cfw-is-best-for-me.428509/
I also suggest checking out this guide
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Yeah that's the two links I found btw thank for your thread
the only sad thing is that now that the 3ds is fully hacked i can't really participate in it's hacking xD

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

well try aim for 9.2-10.5 for the easiest experience as you wont need a exploit game then, as pokemon AS would require you to have access to another already hacked 3ds to install the exploit for 10.6-10.7 downgrading (just checked "the guide" and it seems 10.6 also requires a exploit game)

but if its a new console it will be unlikely it will come on 10.5+
Wait for a9lh we have to downgrade a n3ds to 2.1 ?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah that's the two links I found btw thank for your thread
the only sad thing is that now that the 3ds is fully hacked i can't really participate in it's hacking xD
well, there is always people wanting 10.6-11.0 freehax, 11.0 software downgrade and everyone's favorite, NDS rom launcher :rofl2:
Wait for a9lh we have to downgrade a n3ds to 2.1 ?
yeah, you get to experience the wonder of a 2.1 n3ds

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Rule 42 would've been racist +1