Hacking Question Patched Switch

Link1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I bought a Switch 4 days ago and now I'm trying to get homebrew running. I'm I right that I have to wait for a new exploit when using a patched Switch?

Link1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Seems old, yes.

So back to my question. If I'm right I can't hack my Switch with homebrew because I got a newer device, can I?

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Seems old, yes.

So back to my question. If I'm right I can't hack my Switch with homebrew because I got a newer device, can I?

The new model (after June 2018 if I am not mistaken) has the vulnerability patched and the GPU exploit will not work on these devices.

I am not sure if there is a method for new devices yet but I think there is none.

cyndor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems old, yes.

Yes, you are correct.
If your switch is patched and on >4.1 you won't be able to run cfw at all if and when the private exploit gets released.

If your switch is patched and >6.0.0 you won't be able to run homebrew when browserhax gets released.

I followed the guide based on the discord support for it and it worked for me little over a month ago.
It is still very old and because of that, inaccurate. Where is the mention of different cfw, or that consoles >3.0.0 are hackable?

Last edited by cyndor,

Link1988

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So are there any details when and if I'm able to hack with newer firmware and newer devices? I'd really like to run games on it.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best way to tell (other than tossing it into RCM and trying to launch a payload) is to check your serial number (dont post your serial number here for all to see)

blahblah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I didn't check the full serial number. I'll give it a try.

Is it that hard to crack the newer devices?

I don't know how to be more clear.

There is no public method to mod the patched Switches. Some people have a method, but it is being held for hopes that the Switch Pro (or whatever Mariko winds up being) ships with the same flaws seen on 'patched' Switches.

Return your system and buy one that is within the valid serial range. That is your only option if you want to run hax stuff anytime soon.

Last edited by blahblah,
Reactions: Link1988

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly by the time an exploit is released for patched units, you can easily find several unpatched units in the same amount of time. And since the exploits not going to grant instant CFW (its just going to be homebrew), you're just going to be more disappointed you held onto a patched console. Exhaust your resources and look everywhere for an unpatched unit whether it be Amazon, eBay, your local GameStop, or even this forum's Trading Section; unpatched units still exist, you just have to look for them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here