Hacking payloads on switch without a usb

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what you said. You said without PC or phone. An internal modchip is neither, yet it uses wires.

........do you habla ingles?

Cause once again, a modchip is......wait for it.....wired, not a dongle or something you need a plug in.

So yes a modchip is possible, just like a way without a modchip. Just gotta wait.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
........do you habla ingles?

Cause once again, a modchip is......wait for it.....wired, not a dongle or something you need a plug in.

So yes a modchip is possible, just like a way without a modchip. Just gotta wait.
lol. You should start to read what OP, I and you wrote.
He asked for something without USB. I asked if something which connects to D+ and D- (usb pads) counts. You said no PC or phone, which still left modchip a possibility. He then says wireless, which means no modchip.

MuppetPaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You can solder a Trinket M0 in the switch = no jig, no volumen button - only press the power button and the switch starts automatic in cfw

LordIgnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While there is no true wireless, modless way to access cfw on the switch yet, you can (if you have it) use the SX Pro Dongle to load external payloads like Hekate 3.1 from your sd card. This is not the answer the OP was likely looking for but it does not require you to be plugged into a computer/phone to run the payload to your Switch

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol. You should start to read what OP, I and you wrote.
He asked for something without USB. I asked if something which connects to D+ and D- (usb pads) counts. You said no PC or phone, which still left modchip a possibility. He then says wireless, which means no modchip.

Yes he asked if it was possible, and you said without using the USB-C port, as to which I clarified he was asking for anything that didn't have to go through that port, as in a modchip is one of those things.

I never said a modchip didn't fit as the answer, I was just saying since you were asking him a question about it. So chill man.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are on FW1.0 you will have soon a way to do it without having to inject crap or use jigs\hardware mods.

If you are up to FW 3.01, there is something known, but not released and probably not that soon (remember theres always a chance of never too).

Above 3.01, up to FW 4.01 theres also something known, but unreleased which probably still require RCM and jig once (its just my speculation, no idea whatsoever), however is already way harder than the 3.01 method and might take ages for someone to leak its info or make use of it, it might also never come, but at least we know theres is something.

After FW 4.01, there isnt anything reported by anyone, which doesn't mean someone might privately know something or that later someone find a new exploit, but the chances are a galaxy far, far away 4 now.

ps: Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!!!

EDIT: Forgot to say, BEST TOP killing way of hacking the switch at the moment is really with a hardmod modchip soldered inside the switch which automates everything, it will enter RCM and send the payload by it self and then goes to standby, other than this you have to either use a jig every time or mod the joy-con or console rail to enter RCM (or use autoRCM) and send the payload trough USB everytime you boot the console from being powered OFF...

Last edited by guily6669,

themperror

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Too much revolving around the point, OP meant if he could do it without USB connection/cable. To which the answer is no.

RCM mode does not use the wifi adapter (or bluetooth), therefore its impossible to inject the payload without using any method that goes through the USB port (whether its soldered on internally or through a dongle or cable).

MuppetPaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Too much revolving around the point, OP meant if he could do it without USB connection/cable. To which the answer is no.

RCM mode does not use the wifi adapter (or bluetooth), therefore its impossible to inject the payload without using any method that goes through the USB port (whether its soldered on internally or through a dongle or cable).

Through the Port...yes, i agree. But if OP meant, like you said, that he don't want to put something in the port every boot, he can solder the trinket chip and he doesn't have to use a cable/make a connection. So the answer is yes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock