Hacking pc and android and mac don't recognise switch in rcm

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried 3 different computers.

Is there a way to check it? And if it is indeed the case, is there a way to fix it?

Inspect the charge port. My guess you damaged D+ and D-

1700775007122.png

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do I have to open the console up to see those pins? I cannot see anything wrong with just seeing them up close. Not sure if the pictures are helpful.
20231123_223417.jpg
20231123_223709.jpg

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
20231123_225138.jpg

There does seem something off at the bottom, I'm not sure if that is normal or not? Sorry I'm not very good with hardware stuff.

Here are a few more shots I was able to take. Surprisingly it is quite difficult to take pictures of such a small port up close with a phone camera.

20231123_224549.jpg
20231123_224514.jpg

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do the next:

Put your console on the dock and to the dock connect a USB Keyboad, test it on the console that could discard some USB funcionality.

I don't have a dock unfortunately. I bought this off of ebay a couple of weeks ago. Is there any other way to test it?

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
with a OTG cable, plug a otg cable on the console and at the other side the keyboard.
I do not have an OTG cable handy, but I tried it with a usb-c to usb-a hub and the keyboard doesn't seem to be working search bars in nintendo eshop (looked up a quick tutorial and that's how wired keyboard should work).

Is this sufficient or should I order an OTG cable off of amazon?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have an OTG cable handy, but I tried it with a usb-c to usb-a hub and the keyboard doesn't seem to be working search bars in nintendo eshop (looked up a quick tutorial and that's how wired keyboard should work).

You probably have an OTG cable if you plug a phone into a computer and it can read it data. But it does sound like your port is damaged that it can't read from D+ and D-.

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You probably have an OTG cable if you plug a phone into a computer and it can read it data. But it does sound like your port is damaged that it can't read from D+ and D-.
I just tested this hub with my phone and it does open the files in windows explorer, and I can copy/delete files from it.

Does that mean usb-c port is broken on my console?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tested this hub with my phone and it does open the files in windows explorer, and I can copy/delete files from it.

Does that mean usb-c port is broken on my console?

Yes, your usb c port on the switch is broken as it can't read data.
Post automatically merged:

I don't have a dock unfortunately. I bought this off of ebay a couple of weeks ago. Is there any other way to test it?

You mention you bought it on ebay, it is probably over your return windows.

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, your usb c port on the switch is broken as it can't read data.

You mention you bought it on ebay, it is probably over your return windows.
Unfortunately it is as of 2 days ago. I got in touch with the seller and he says he can give me a 30$ refund as the usb port is worth 10$, and that's what a quick google search shows me as well: https://eustore.ifixit.com/products/nintendo-switch-console-usb-c-port

But I have no soldering skills so I'll have to get it fixed from a local hardware store.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

if you connected a USB-C hub and the keyboard to that Hub, you tested and find the USB port of your console is not working well

The docking station is a USB-C Hub with a network and a HDMI adapter.

Unfortunately it is as of 2 days ago. I got in touch with the seller and he says he can give me a 30$ refund as the usb port is worth 10$, and that's what a quick google search shows me as well: https://eustore.ifixit.com/products/nintendo-switch-console-usb-c-port

But I have no soldering skills so I'll have to get it fixed from a local hardware store.
the USB port could be 10USB, but change it may be a pain in the Arse, is Micro welding, and maybe no only the USB port but also a chip.

Reactions: BigOnYa

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
if you connected a USB-C hub and the keyboard to that Hub, you tested and find the USB port of your console is not working well

The docking station is a USB-C Hub with a network and a HDMI adapter.

the USB port could be 10USB, but change it may be a pain in the Arse, is Micro welding, and maybe no only the USB port but also a chip.
Jesus christ, I hope I can find someone here who can fix it. I don't wanna spend that much money anymore 😪

derpton89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Small update. I brought it to the repair shop, and looking under the magnifying screen he had, he showed me there is no physical damage on the USB port. Will know for sure what the problem is when he opens it. Should be 3-6 days.

I really hope changing the USB port will fix it, and there's no damage on the board or anything.

Reactions: BigOnYa

spiderman1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i was having issues with a usb 2 cable that came with a controller buy a third party that just for the switch and see how that goes. Says supports switch I mean.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?