PC version of the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle delayed

Announced in the Nintendo Direct was the Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle, a collection that packs together five classic retro titles, with a bonus two games that had never had a release outside of arcades. This bundle was scheduled to release not only for the Nintendo Switch, but also for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One as well. However, shortly after the Direct aired, Capcom quietly pushed back the PC release of the Beat 'Em Up Bundle, delaying it to a timeframe of "soon." All other versions of the game are still slated for a September 18 release.

The Capcom Beat 'Em Up Bundle will contain the following seven games: Final Fight, Captain Commando, The King of Dragons, Knights of the Round, Warriors of Fate, Armored Warriors, and Battle Circuit. All of the aforementioned inclusions will offer local and online co-op as well.

:arrow: Source

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully they've done a better job on this than they did on the SF Anniversary collection... despite an army of defenders claiming "they're arcade perfect!", they were far from arcade perfect - most other options for emulating the arcade roms was closer to arcade perfect than what they released.
Regardless, I'll probably pick up the PS4 release of this at some point - if we don't show support for the titles we appreciate it's unlikely they'll ever return to these franchises again.
Shame there's no Aliens vs Predator on here - that would've made it an insta-buy... but I know we're never likely to see a legit home version of that ever.

Well Capcom didn't "Develop" Street fighter 30 anniversary collection, that honor of ruining the game goes to digital eclipse, and I say ruin mostly for online multiplayer mode. It wasn't good at launch and wasn't much better after update. It was clear they didn't spend much time on that. It was even admitted that it wasn't gonna have online mode until fans complained enough and had capcom request it at the very tail end of the game process cycle
And then we got
  • only 4 of the 12 games playable online
  • same 4 games out of 12 offer a training mode
  • poor online play performance unless your connection to the other player is well above expectations
  • 4 player lobby system (not 6 or 8 which would have been much better)
I'm glad capcom themself is the one developing this arcade bundle, shows they care more about it rather than handing it off to some other company. Not trying to say someone else can't do a good job just that I prefer they assume the responsibility of trying to handle something as important as their legacy, that's all. :ninja:

There are missing final fight 2-3, knowing our crapcom the master of blood milking, I'm sure there will be more arcade collections on the way.

Final Fight 2 & 3 were not originated from the arcade, they was Super Nintendo Exclusives. :blink:

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well Capcom didn't "Develop" Street fighter 30 anniversary collection, that honor of ruining the game goes to digital eclipse, and I say ruin mostly for online multiplayer mode. It wasn't good at launch and wasn't much better after update. It was clear they didn't spend much time on that. It was even admitted that it wasn't gonna have online mode until fans complained enough and had capcom request it at the very tail end of the game process cycle
And then we got
  • only 4 of the 12 games playable online
  • same 4 games out of 12 offer a training mode
  • poor online play performance unless your connection to the other player is well above expectations
  • 4 player lobby system (not 6 or 8 which would have been much better)
I'm glad capcom themself is the one developing this arcade bundle, shows they care more about it rather than handing it off to some other company. Not trying to say someone else can't do a good job just that I prefer they assume the responsibility of trying to handle something as important as their legacy, that's all. :ninja:

Final Fight 2 & 3 were not originated from the arcade, they was Super Nintendo Exclusives. :blink:

Not to mention all the technical issues with the PC version, which were also repeated in the MMX Legacy Collections, such as audio being too low and no way to adjust it in-game, input delay in day 1 versions, and random crashes.
The audio issue was never fixed.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to mention all the technical issues with the PC version, which were also repeated in the MMX Legacy Collections, such as audio being too low and no way to adjust it in-game, input delay in day 1 versions, and random crashes.
The audio issue was never fixed.
Oh you're right! I had forgot about that. The audio is too low. Cause I said the same thing when I played it on my switch. The game has no volume options. And when the system volume is at max, it still can hardly hear anything unless the room is silent. How did you forget a volume control in the options for a video game in modern day! Another reason to Street fighter 30 anniversary collection had another down point, low audio output. I'm pretty much forced to use headphones or some speaker unless I play in the dock and turn the tv volume up. :blink:

Thanks for reminding me of that, I haven't played it in so long that I forgot. Mostly haven't played cause I had no one to play with. :ninja:

Also I don't know anything about the pc ports, I didn't buy them, just the switch one. I had no trouble playing those games. Honestly I think most developers make games for consoles and then pc as a afterthought. Not saying it's true, but it's a idea on why such complaints seem to be more noticeable for pc players. So I mean I don't really understand those players, usually I buy a game like that if it was on discount since I already have them and rather not play full price for it again. Or i just avoid it all together cause I don't have a reason to own them.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So? I played them at arcade when i was a little innocent kid..... Capcom wouldn't earn the title of Master of blood milking if they haven't released the 20yo games in all universal known consoles and pc

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So? I played them at arcade when i was a little innocent kid..... Capcom wouldn't earn the title of Master of blood milking if they haven't released the 20yo games in all universal known consoles and pc
"So?" you say? Final Fight 2 & 3 games has no known arcade version there of those game because they was SNES exclusive games. Capcom is advertising their arcade games they made for arcade setting, not home console ones.

Not saying that it shouldn't or can't be included, just it's unlikely of interest due to observation. It's a bundle of capcom arcade games, the theme has been established already and doubt they plan to go out of their way to make 2 SNES exclusives playable on here in the future. That was my point.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"So?" you say? Final Fight 2 & 3 games has no known arcade version there of those game because they was SNES exclusive games. Capcom is advertising their arcade games they made for arcade setting, not home console ones.

Not saying that it shouldn't or can't be included, just it's unlikely of interest due to observation. It's a bundle of capcom arcade games, the theme has been established already and doubt they plan to go out of their way to make 2 SNES exclusives playable on here in the future. That was my point.
did you say that crapcom won't re-release FF2-3 in any future collection huh?? be patient and we will see...

Last edited by leon315,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you say that crapcom won't re-release FF2-3 in any future collection huh?? be patient and we will see...
No, you are putting words in my mouth. I said they wasn't planning to put it in this collection, which is what I thought you was talking about this whole time. I never said anything about future collections. :mellow:

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Consoles have far more active users than MAME, and u could probably find more easily people to play online with, capcom uses the same mode for street fight 4-5: while you're playing you also host the game and its open to all for people to join, while on MAME, the chance to meet someone is probably less than Spiderman goes to vocation in Gotham city.
who gives a shit, most of these multiplayer modes are empty a couple of weeks after release.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More CAPCOM Milking if you ask me ... sweet lord been seeing this collection forever ..
Source? ...because, no, you haven't. Granted, some of these have had ports before but several are seeing their first home versions ever with this release.
We had "Final Fight Double Impact" last gen which consisted of ports of Final Fight and Magic Sword (not in this collection), and also last gen we saw Capcoms "Dungeons & Dragons; Chronicles of Mystara" which collected the two D&D brawlers (which aren't included in this new collection)... they're the only times consoles have seen arcade quality ports of any Capcom brawlers - the games in this collection that have had console ports in the past were significant downgrades from the arcade versions.

So? No one's forcing you to play them again if you don't want to - and you're certainly not being forced to buy them.
...and you can claim that Capcom are the "Masters of Blood Milking" all you want, but don't do it if you ever pay for anything from EA, Activision, Ubisoft, or Take-2 Interactive.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
EA, Activision, Ubisoft, or Take-2 Interactive.
I do want to play retro games and i do love those bundles and i do wish capcom make them more, so no need to be so triggered, kid, and in case if are interested i support none of these companies.
Happy now ???

Last edited by leon315,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do want to play retro games and i do love those bundles and i do wish capcom make them more, so no need to be so triggered, kid, and in case if are interested i support none of these companies.
Happy now ???
lol. Don't presume everyone on this site is a millennial cry-baby - I'm not triggered, and nor am I a 'kid' (in fact, it's a fair assumption to make that I'm probably old enough to be your father). All I was doing in my post was highlighting misconceptions and falsehoods in the responses of others... which is tricky work when people like you post contradicting opinions from one post to another. You can't call them out for milking their IP's and simultaneously claim they should make more, that's the very definition of hypocrisy.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lol. Don't presume everyone on this site is a millennial cry-baby - I'm not triggered, and nor am I a 'kid' (in fact, it's a fair assumption to make that I'm probably old enough to be your father). All I was doing in my post was highlighting misconceptions and falsehoods in the responses of others... which is tricky work when people like you post contradicting opinions from one post to another. You can't call them out for milking their IP's and simultaneously claim they should make more, that's the very definition of hypocrisy.
but i won't change my opnion about capcom: he is the Master of cow milking, just using a little different way from EA, 2K or activision.....

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Oh you're right! I had forgot about that. The audio is too low. Cause I said the same thing when I played it on my switch. The game has no volume options. And when the system volume is at max, it still can hardly hear anything unless the room is silent. How did you forget a volume control in the options for a video game in modern day! Another reason to Street fighter 30 anniversary collection had another down point, low audio output. I'm pretty much forced to use headphones or some speaker unless I play in the dock and turn the tv volume up. :blink:

Thanks for reminding me of that, I haven't played it in so long that I forgot. Mostly haven't played cause I had no one to play with. :ninja:

Also I don't know anything about the pc ports, I didn't buy them, just the switch one. I had no trouble playing those games. Honestly I think most developers make games for consoles and then pc as a afterthought. Not saying it's true, but it's a idea on why such complaints seem to be more noticeable for pc players. So I mean I don't really understand those players, usually I buy a game like that if it was on discount since I already have them and rather not play full price for it again. Or i just avoid it all together cause I don't have a reason to own them.

Okay so apparently, they added sound option in the beat 'em up bundle. this is already a good start

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: lorelei from pokemon is so fuckin bad bro