PC

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
As you may have noticed, almost none of my software or games is making any progress. I just felt like explaining why I don't complete or even start.

My 2 brothers already have their own PC, but my sister and I don't. We are still using a general PC, because my father wants my mother to have a MacBook before we get our own PCs. My mother still doesn't have one (though my father came up with this idea November last year).
The plans have been changed, and I thought I would get my PC in May. But then my sister claimed her right to have one first, because she is older. So now I have to wait until my sister finally buys her laptop (what will be soon, I hope).
But, after my sister gets her laptop, I will get my PCs the next day. And that is not one, but that will be 3 PCs. One laptop and 2 desktops. Once I have them, I can install all the strange stuff I need, and start or finish my software and games etc.. Hopefully I can start with them before the end of my vacation, because else it was really a screwed up one.

I've decided I will use the laptop for homework, the first PC for creating and writing all that shit, but what should I do with the third one? (See spoiler for specs)
It has about 76GB memory, and a processor of 2GB (Intel Celeron D). It is now about 5 or 6 years old, created for Windows XP and it is a Dell Dimension 1100.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Waflix said:
AlanJohn said:
You can use the 3rd one and install Half-Life 1 and enjoy.

-1 Kudos
Xzibit%20sad.jpg

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wabsta said:
76GB RAM and a 2GB Processor? You must have some future PC!

I didn't know the exact English term for what I meant, but when I mean RAM, I say RAM.
But let me correct myself: 76GB workspace and a 2GB physical memory.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Waflix said:
Wabsta said:

I didn't know the exact English term for what I meant, but when I mean RAM, I say RAM.
2GB RAM and if I'm not mistaken, 76GB HDD?

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waflix said:
Wabsta said:

You should say:
I have a 76GB HDD, a 2ghz CPU (celeron d), and 2GB ram.
Memory = Ram.
And CPU's dont go in bytes, but hertzes.

Waflix

El Psy Congroo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If you can correct me, you understand what I mean. And that's what I think language is about. Because when you understand what I mean, you can give an answer to my question.

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I agree with AlanJohn then. There isn't much you can do with a computer with just a celeron CPU, they are made for office tasks, like, yea, microsoft office. Not for gaming or anything, or hosting servers..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag