Hardware Pelican GCN Arcade Stick Doesnt work.

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jsut thought Id make a thread about my problems with my Pelican Arcade stick.
I bought a 15 dollar one thinking I could use it for VC games on the Wii, and possibly hack up the Xbox connector on it for my PC if I could ever find a USB plud to rewire with.

Anyway, the controler works great on my regular GCN.
Animal Crossing works fine in analog mode, and most other games are great with it despite I dont have many that are good with arcade stick controls.
Never got to rewireing it though, but eh, I may and may not anyway.

Now, Ive recently tried the Arcade Stick in my Wii in GCN mode, and I get no control what so ever.
The mode lights turn on though, so it is making contact and getting power, but the controls dont respond at all.
Been keeping it in good shape this whole time in a safe spot, so Im sure its not damaged.
Still works on my regular GCN.

So does anyone have any simular problems with Pelican brand arcade sticks or other prephiels.
Oh ya, the one I have isnt the pro arcade stick kind, its the black more basic one with an analog mode button and stuff.
Along with the usual three game console control plugs that most pelican arcade sticks have.

Anyone have non responding control with this or simular Pelican arcade sticks or other GCN compatabile controllers?
Im thinking I might bug Pelican themselves about it.
Either that or jsut sell it or dedicate it to my PC if I get around to hacking up the Xbox plug.

Too bad no ones made an Arcade stick to replace the Classic controller.
That would be awsome :3
VC use plus PC use :3 Though no GCN use :/ Not like Id need it that bad anyway, but its always a missed feature.

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
i have this problem with one of my gc controllers. it's a POS $5 no name pad from blockbuster. works on gc, not with wii. i still think nintendo has some accessory control on those gc ports...
my shite 3rd party memory card works though

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have an X-Arcade controller, that came with an option to get a GCN adapter for free, and it never really worked well on my gamecube for some reason, player2 wasn't responsive at times.
But surprisingly enough, even though I hadn't high hopes, when I plugged it into my Wii it worked flawlessly ! Better then ever...and hopefully there will be a lot of games to try out on the VC that are perfectly suitable for an arcade stick !
Here's what I got:
twoplayer1.jpg

And I love it, it works with my PC as well.......

shadow1w2

Still here.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, the X-arcade Stick.
Expensive, but one of the best ones out there
tongue.gif

Glad to hear it works with the Wii.

I like the one I have alot though, the stick works as an analog with the mode button on. Wich means it works with animal crossing xD

Id like to find an alternitive that has simular things. Maybe some analog triggers or something.

I do hope nintendo gets some classic arcade titles on the VC list already. everybody else is already doing it. About time Nintendo jumps in too.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ah yes, the X-arcade Stick.
Expensive, but one of the best ones out there
tongue.gif

Glad to hear it works with the Wii.

I like the one I have alot though, the stick works as an analog with the mode button on. Wich means it works with animal crossing xD

Id like to find an alternitive that has simular things. Maybe some analog triggers or something.

I do hope nintendo gets some classic arcade titles on the VC list already. everybody else is already doing it. About time Nintendo jumps in too.
Actually I' ve been doing some research later and "purist" of the custom made arcade sticks really think this x-arcade sucks.
But I have to say that When I bought it though, about 4 years ago , there weren't many options out there, and the fact that the x-arcade is suitable for many systems AND the PC really sold it to me.
Many people complains about the "feel" of the joystick itself, which is nearly identical and completely excangable with an original HAPP arcade super stick, the shape of the buttons and that the controller itself might leg with an X-box or other systems.
To me, the only drawback is that I am a fighter fan and it's crucial that my joystick is really responsive when it comes to hit the diagonals.
Everything else is not a problem for me, in fact I love the look and the layout of the buttons and everything else on my x-arcade, but I think I will buy an HAPP competition pro stick , and switch it with the one from my unit and I will be really in good shape for any fighting games !!!
Plus, as I mentioned it before it works really well with the Wii, and if they will go on and release Neo-Geo games for the VC...it will be heaven for me.....
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa...