Gaming people who have cfw do you even buy stuff of eshop any more

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't buy from the eShop even before I put a9lh and luma on my o3DS; I prefer to buy physical when possible. I can think of at least three games I've bought since then, however: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, Dragon Quest VII, and Shin Megami Tensei 4: Apocalypse. I plan to continue buying games for my 3DS. I may even buy some games I might not have taken the chance on without the opportunity to try them out first.

well i pirate vc games cause you can get them for free on the emulator anyways
I do like to have the ability to play the games legally, though. I've spent a good amount of money buying PSOne Classics on my Vita, just to make sure I can play my old games on my new hardware. I don't particularly like the way Nintendo is handling the Virtual Console, with 3DS and Wii U releases of the same game being treated separately. I already bought Earthbound for Wii U; I shouldn't have to buy it again for 3DS.

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I don"t have CFW, but I usually only bought digital only games that I have interest from the eShop, for games with a physical copy I usually get a physical copy, all the games that are physical but I have digital is because I get them free from promotions or as a gift.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
I buy most of the games I know it's good like the Bravely series, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem, Zelda, etc.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh, and the Zero Escape series. It would be a blasphemy to pirate that.
I also don't think I'm buying any 3DS games besides Sun/Moon cuz nothing else interests me so far
try monster hunter generations and pokemon super mystery dungeon

Reactions: Pokem

Sev501

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Recently bought Ping pong Trickshot from the eshop and retail copy of DQ7 (1 of my fav rpgs on PsOne).
Still on a debate with SMT IV : Apocalypse and the new Pokemons. :)

Other than that haven't d'loaded anything off freeShop or that ISO site other than the games that aren't available here locally.

Jeffrey Gibson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love physical copies of games on cart and I buy as many as I can afford. I've always hated digital only copies. With a cart copy, I can always pick it up off the shelf and play it, even 20 years from now.

Reactions: Deleted User

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have never bought a digital exclusive console game and probably never will, i still buy cartridges all the time though.

D

Deleted User

I last bought something last Christmas, but that was because we actually had money back then.
I also prefer buying physical when possible.

Reactions: Raylight

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty I pirate games so I can save enough money for a flash chip/mod chip for the newest gen console so I can pirate again then the process continuous :)

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never bought anything from the eshop before but since the 3ds is hacked now a days i can import games from playasia since i can get out of region game updates and dlc for them using CIAngel and other sources.

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The last eshop games I bought were the last set of the Sega 3D Classics a long time ago now - but aside from these I was feeling a bit done and finished with the console in general. As a day-one 3DS owner I'd lived through it all, bought a ton of cartridges which i tried to love and a swathes of the VC titles which I loved but knew looked a bit shit - but ultimately ended up almost retreating from modern gaming altogether, preferring my old retro machines much more at the end of the day.

And then Ironhax happened. And then I learned about retroarch, ended up having a working gaming museum in my pocket and never bought a single title again. And I'd have happily stayed in userland homebrew if it wasn't apparant that CFW unlocks a lot for retrogaming. I don't think I've denied any publishers or Nintendo much income, and if I'm honest I do tend to think of my large legit digital collection as something that takes the edge off the word 'piracy', for better ot worse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Fuck off spam bot.