StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So far i've burned 3 dvd's using different methods, one of them failed because of a dvd writer fail and I used a different one for the 2nd and 3rd burn. I messed up all of them now, I tried different methods and it's just not working.

I'm on a 3.1E Pal Wii with a Wiinja Deluxe modchip, I believe the video option I use for my wii is "50hz : 576i". I would like to NOT have the duplicate channels, i've avoided them in the past and i'd like to keep it this way. How can I get this working?
I'm sorry if this has been asked lots of times, I've been looking through threads and i'm just overwhelmed people are posting all different ways they got it working and it's just confusing me as to what method to use. I only have 2 DL DVD's left and I bought a 5 pack which was pretty expensive. Any help?

What's the perfect way of getting it to work on my PAL wii? Guide please? I'd be very appriciative, and others will be too possibly.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77946 Is this guide definately going to work?

Also what's with the layerbreak? I don't know how if I need it or not..

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
That guide worked great for me! Also, burn with imgburn (2.4.0.0, the latest one) and set the booktype to DVD rom (if your drive supports it) and set the layer break manually (I forget the exact position, there will be threads on it around here).

Following that guide to the letter (including video mode patching and 001 error patching, plus regionfrii to PAL) worked perfectly for me first time!

I would also update your console with the update that is on Fire Emblem PAL. This worked great for me! SSBB doesn't even ask for an update after that!

cyr0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I know a better Method: Download Freeloader, burn it on a DVD, insert it, take the Freeloader DVD out and insert the untouched Backup of Brawl in your Wii, play the game.

StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
2cb2ct7 said:
That guide worked great for me! Also, burn with imgburn (2.4.0.0, the latest one) and set the booktype to DVD rom (if your drive supports it) and set the layer break manually (I forget the exact position, there will be threads on it around here).

Following that guide to the letter (including video mode patching and 001 error patching, plus regionfrii to PAL) worked perfectly for me first time!

I would also update your console with the update that is on Fire Emblem PAL. This worked great for me! SSBB doesn't even ask for an update after that!

I'm trying this now, Thanks.

Didn't try using the Fire Emblem update because I don't have much interest in playing it.. Wasn't sure about booktype but I think mine is already set to DVD-Rom. Set the layerbreak.

I hope this one works, if not I will try the freeloader suggestion (thanks for that cyr0x, didn't know about freeloader).

StealthSoul

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
StealthSoul said:

Just burnt a copy following that guide, I actually realised thats the guide I followed first time but there was a problem with my dvd writer and i did a different method the 2nd and 3rd time.

Thanks alot for the heads up 2cb2ct7.
smile.gif

Have a problem with the video, its cutting out the bottom and the top just a tiny bit but it's not that much of a big deal and it's probably just something wrong with my TV. Played a few games on the "Classic" mode, and played 2 whole levels of the Adventure mode. Some videos stutter sometimes but thats mainly just the title video and I skipped it, probably just a speed burn issue. (Adventure mode videos don't really stutter much)

Just a sum-up:

PAL Wii (Firmware Version 3.1E)
Wiinja Deluxe (Firmare Version 4)
Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL
Followed this guide (click)
Used Custom Layerbreak
Burned at 4x

Working great
smile.gif

herbinator

Trophies
XP
Country
i was having the same problems on the video and having about 2 inches of the bottom of the screen cut off, in fact the disk would always dre on the videos ingame i had no crashes whatsoever.
I grabbed the freeloader disc used trucha and the multipatcher to remove the 0001 error from the wizard ntsc release of ssb as i have an original first gen wiinja.
And now ssb plays perfectly including all videos on pal 60 htz mode wii pleased as punch !!!

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
herbinator said:
i was having the same problems on the video and having about 2 inches of the bottom of the screen cut off, in fact the disk would always dre on the videos ingame i had no crashes whatsoever.
I grabbed the freeloader disc used trucha and the multipatcher to remove the 0001 error from the wizard ntsc release of ssb as i have an original first gen wiinja.
And now ssb plays perfectly including all videos on pal 60 htz mode wii pleased as punch !!!
If you patch _all_ videomodes with videomode changer (smart mode or whatever) you should have no issues at all with 480i and 480p at least (i tested both)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P