aphirst

OP
Trophies
Website
aphirst.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose this is actually two questions.

1. I have a white Wii Remote Plus, which I'm confident is genuine, but which sometimes has bizzare calibration issues for the Motion plus functionality. Specifically, in Skyward Sword it's very common for the harp controls to flail wildly, and for tasks such as "writing" on the Goddess Walls to become next-to impossible due to large random fluctuation and jitter. This persists even after repeating the in-game "calibration" procedure. I don't seem to get these issues while using my classic Wii Remote with a Motion Plus adaptor, and similarly even the sword-direction stuff seems to work more consistently than with the Remote Plus. Is this common? Is this better diagnosable (e.g. homebrew)? Is this user-serviceable?

2. Are there any documented power usage comparisons between "Classic Remote + Motion Plus Adaptor", "Remote Plus" and "new Remote Plus (for Wii U, with easier-to-access SYNC button)"? I'm pretty sure my Remote Plus lasts almost twice as long as my classic remotes on the same rechargeable 2500mAh AAs.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not sure if there are any controller test homebrews with Motion+ support; you may have better luck with PC software, but I don't really have a clue on those since 2009

Same thing for power efficiency tests (though they can easily be replicated with an ammeter, wires of convenient size and length, a thin piece of plastic, and two of aluminium foil - to connect the ammeter in series with the batteries); but depending on implementation (it would probably save on the overhead of actually using the accessory port, for one, never mind the potentially newer generation chips) it may indeed have improved...

...right as I was writing this, I searched for a comparison of the insides and indeed one person reported that it appears to be a lighter load!

Reactions: aphirst

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2