Hacking Question Permanent Violet Screen on Switch.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect this is going to become common once payload 'delivery' dongles become common. And most won't even know to backup NAND.
I'd be willing to bet more Switches get bricked from people launching various payloads from a PC than from people using the Xecutor dongle.

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd be willing to bet more Switches get bricked from people launching various payloads from a PC than from people using the Xecutor dongle.

People brick shit in the weirdest ways. Easy solutions generally means unfamiliarity, so more ways to accidentally fuck up.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People brick shit in the weirdest ways. Easy solutions generally means unfamiliarity, so more ways to accidentally fuck up.
If all you do is plug it in and launch an 'app' though, which is what your average 'I don't wanna wait and back up my nand' joe, is going to be doing, there's less chance of a brick than say Mr 'I'm going to try this payload out without reading what it even does'.

I agree with you on one thing though, if there's a way to fuck something up, someone (or 50) are going to find that way ;)

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If all you do is plug it in and launch an 'app' though, which is what your average 'I don't wanna wait and back up my nand' joe, is going to be doing, there's less chance of a brick than say Mr 'I'm going to try this payload out without reading what it even does'.

I agree with you on one thing though, if there's a way to fuck something up, someone (or 50) are going to find that way ;)

One thing to look out for is how this interacts with Mariko. I'd laugh if Nintendo makes it soft brick if you try.

TX marketing is going to hit a bit of... an issue when the bootloader patch/revision eventually takes over retail. ;)

Reactions: Proto-Propski

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
One thing to look out for is how this interacts with Mariko. I'd laugh if Nintendo makes it soft brick if you try.

TX marketing is going to hit a bit of... an issue when the bootloader patch/revision eventually takes over retail. ;)
Ouch that would be a real kicker lol.

What would be better is if they replaced RCM with an anti-piracy splash screen, or the 'don't copy that floppy' video.

Imagine paying 29.99 just for that :D

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ouch that would be a real kicker lol.

What would be better is if they replaced RCM with an anti-piracy splash screen, or the 'don't copy that floppy' video.

Imagine paying 29.99 just for that :D

Well it won't work to begin with (documentation already notes boot 01 coming, meaning boot (this flaw) is gone) so that may actually be funnier. A silent revision and no actual distinction for TX would result in a number of devices that don't do anything.

... Or play don't copy that floppy before throwing you into a permanent pink screen. :
;)

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well it won't work to begin with (documentation already notes boot 01 coming, meaning boot (this flaw) is gone) so that may actually be funnier. A silent revision and no actual distinction for TX would result in a number of devices that don't do anything.

... Or play don't copy that floppy before throwing you into a permanent pink screen. :
;)
You're a bad man :D

Or an ethical one! but this is the internet so I'm going with bad ;)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone better fill me in on what happened here? Is memloader commonly used or was OP being a dumbass? This has just got me worried while I'm waiting on my RCM jig to arrive in the mail.

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
This is bad news but at the same time I guess was inevitable. Please OP keep in touch to learn what happens!!!!! Good luck man. And to everybody else... BACKUP !!!! ASAP

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hey Folks,
my switch has this Violet screen since today, I used it yesterday evening with the memloader and then shut it down. Is there any way I can fix this? I already tried hard reset and also disconnected the battery for 10 min but unfortunately it did not work. As soon as I turn on the switch this violet screen is there, and in the dock it is no longer recognized either.
* Switch is on 3.0
View attachment 123459

greeting
Slyxr
Mine did the same thing doing the same thing. On 5.0.2 i fixed by restoring my nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: