Hacking Question Permanent Violet Screen on Switch.

WiiHomebrew+Snes

Member of GBAtemp's shadow district
Trophies
Website
www.lucar.io
XP
Country
United States
Huh, strange. The only thing that's happened for me is an orange screen when I booted the fusee gelee test payload, but I haven't done anything since due to not owning an official USB-C cable..

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
At least it matches your keyboard
And people say because it's open source it won't brick switches lol.

Well it's still new, it being open sourced just means the development will move faster, and eventually get to a stable build where it wouldn't in the same amount of time as one, or a few working on the same project. I mean bricks are always a possibility of any hack, the best we can do is just learn from them to avoid it in the coming commits.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
Reactions: Seriel

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Did you just use memloader on its own, or did you use it to boot something else ? What's the culprit here, memloader or the payload ?

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This thread just made me backup my nand. Sorry OP, and good luck to you! :(

Like-wise, doing a full back-up as this transpires, I'm not taking any chance.

How do you back up with the 2gb version? Online I only found a way to back up 2gb files 15 times

I think in the tools option for Hekate if you back-up the system files that's the 2GB, IDK I might be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,

V-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect this is going to become common once payload 'delivery' dongles become common. And most won't even know to backup NAND.

Reactions: Irastris
D

Deleted-351540

Backup backup backup. Why people do anything before they backup their nand will always make no sense to me. It's the same on every console. And it's the same story post after post
Which is why the first and only thing I did to my Switch so far is to back the NAND up. I learned this from my 3DS. Thank God for CTRTransfers. It saved my 3DS.

I imagine we will have something similar on the Switch, but who knows how long that might take if it's even possible.

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which is why the first and only thing I did to my Switch so far is to back the NAND up. I learned this from my 3DS. Thank God for CTRTransfers. It saved my 3DS.

I imagine we will have something similar on the Switch, but who knows how long that might take if it's even possible.
how do u backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2